hulika

Author Topic: Why George Harrison is considered underated as guitarist & song writer by many  (Read 9189 times)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
No doubt the late great George Harrison is loved by fellow artists in his time & even now, but despite of the fame he is considered under rated.

what's your opinion brothers? :-) 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:07:02 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
natural lang naman yun... anyone who lived in the shadows of two of the greatest songwriters ever will most likely always be dubbed not as good or underated.

...however "Something" is the best Beatles song ever! IMHO.

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
kahit si clapton, he considered george as better than him. sayang di nalang talaga na showcase.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
kahit si clapton, he considered george as better than him. sayang di nalang talaga na showcase.

hehe you must have seen the interview on their live concert in Japan in the early 90s. Clapton gave too much respect to George, especially on playing slide

Offline rockyteer

• Veteran Member
Underrated nga si George. "All Things Must Pass" is the best Beatle solo album, for me. maganda lahat ng kanta.

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
kung isa ka sa mga naniniwalang ang paggigitara ay pabilisan at paramihan ng mga notang nakakalabit sa gitara, malamang talaga hindi mo maa-appreciate si manong Horhe bilang gitarista.

pero sana siya na lang ang tumira ng lead guitars ng While My Guitar Gently Weeps.  :-D

at siya na rin ang nagsabi, dalawa lang ang pinakamalalaking break sa career niya bilang musician. una, yung naging Beatle siya. pangalawa, nung nakawala siya sa pagiging Beatle.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
natural lang naman yun... anyone who lived in the shadows of two of the greatest songwriters ever will most likely always be dubbed not as good or underated.

...however "Something" is the best Beatles song ever! IMHO.

Dylan shares this view. it's a pity George stands between two giants in John & Paul; :-).

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
kung isa ka sa mga naniniwalang ang paggigitara ay pabilisan at paramihan ng mga notang nakakalabit sa gitara, malamang talaga hindi mo maa-appreciate si manong Horhe bilang gitarista.

pero sana siya na lang ang tumira ng lead guitars ng While My Guitar Gently Weeps.  :-D

at siya na rin ang nagsabi, dalawa lang ang pinakamalalaking break sa career niya bilang musician. una, yung naging Beatle siya. pangalawa, nung nakawala siya sa pagiging Beatle.

I'm glad I'm not one of those you are talking about bro. Chet Atkins once said, guitar playing is not about speed, its more on the melody that stays in your heart and memory.

Try to listen to and I love her & In my life, George intros are so simple, but then again try removing it, parang napalaki ang nawala sa mga classic songs na ito.   IMO

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
hare hare krishna!  :-D

paborito ko din yung mga sliding guitars niya, especially sa My Sweet Lord. aminado din si Clapton na George is the better slide guitarist. haha.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline urdownfaaal

Dylan shares this view. it's a pity George stands between two giants in John & Paul; :-).
Tama ka dyan bro :-D

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Underrated nga si George. "All Things Must Pass" is the best Beatle solo album, for me. maganda lahat ng kanta.

nabuhos kasi ang mga naiipon nyang kanta na hindi maisama sa mga album ng Beatles. sa akin naman yong self titled album at cloud nine :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
hare hare krishna!  :-D

paborito ko din yung mga sliding guitars niya, especially sa My Sweet Lord. aminado din si Clapton na George is the better slide guitarist. haha.

My sweet lord, sus wla nang tatalo don, Jeff Lynne of Electric Light Orchestra in his interview in Zoom Tour, sabi nya , on slide guitars George is second to none :-)

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
Me thinks George was one of a few guitarists/bass players who possessed the skill and confidence of having mastered a large portion of the craft (I doubt it if one can completely master the craft) and was secure about it.  George and his ilk didn't need to stand on their soapboxes, and just let their fingers do the talking.  I would include in this group the late John Entwistle, Derek Trucks and our very own Wally Gonzales.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 06:10:38 AM by Jaco D »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Me thinks George was one of a few guitarists/bass players who possessed the skill and confidence of having mastered a large portion of the craft (I doubt it if one can completely master the craft) and was secure about it.  George and his ilk didn't need to stand on their soapboxes, and just let their fingers do the talking.  I would include in this group the late John Entwistle, Derek Trucks and our very own Wally Gonzales.

this is filled with too much wisdom. thanks bro :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus

pero sana siya na lang ang tumira ng lead guitars ng While My Guitar Gently Weeps. :-D

he could have surely done it, kaso during the making of the white album, the boys are not behaving anymore, ringo was the first to walk out but paul & john realized what would life be without ringo, they send flowers to him saying he is th ebest drummer in the world. george martin brought in clapton, just to make something new, he repeat thi trick in let it be album by bringing billy preston

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus

Joe Walsh have kind words to george too. He likes george because he is not fond in seeking  refuge to gadgets to produce the sounds he usually want

Offline deathbystroke

• Veteran Member
he was my dad's favorite!

anyway, here was my "george" strat:

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
he was my dad's favorite!

anyway, here was my "george" strat:

wow! isang pics pa nga bro .. front view plsss...

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
Another great composition of him... "Here Comes The Sun" One of my fave beatles songs

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Another great composition of him... "Here Comes The Sun" One of my fave beatles songs

great song indeed. he wrotethis at clapton's garden

Offline deathbystroke

• Veteran Member
wow! isang pics pa nga bro .. front view plsss...

sir, sorry yan lang e. durog na yung guitar ngayon. di ko na alam kung na-kanino na  :-D

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
sir, sorry yan lang e. durog na yung guitar ngayon. di ko na alam kung na-kanino na  :-D

ganon ba? hoo. my heart just got broke again. ganda ng guitar na sana o

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
he could have surely done it, kaso during the making of the white album, the boys are not behaving anymore, ringo was the first to walk out but paul & john realized what would life be without ringo, they send flowers to him saying he is th ebest drummer in the world. george martin brought in clapton, just to make something new, he repeat thi trick in let it be album by bringing billy preston

akala ko si Harrison ang nag-invite kay Clapton.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
akala ko si Harrison ang nag-invite kay Clapton.

when eric was hesitant, george assured him that it's his song, parang bang "paki alam nila kanta ko to. hehehe

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus

one of the many George Harrison guitar riffs i like is Day after day which was sang by Bad finger..