hulika

Author Topic: Why George Harrison is considered underated as guitarist & song writer by many  (Read 9188 times)

Offline rajhan lennon

• Veteran Member
ang ganda nung naisip nila ni ravi shankar na mag-organize ng concert for bangladesh, ayus sa line-up ng guest artists, first ever benefit concert pa...kamukhang kamukha nya si dhani harrison eh noh  :lol:

im a real nowhere walrus

Offline obelix

• Forum Fanatic
favorite beatle ko si george... halos lahat ng paborito kong beatles song, siya ang nag-compose.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
ang ganda nung naisip nila ni ravi shankar na mag-organize ng concert for bangladesh, ayus sa line-up ng guest artists, first ever benefit concert pa...kamukhang kamukha nya si dhani harrison eh noh  :lol:

maganda ang timing non, because the Beatle fans are craving and missing them! Watch the interview of Clapton sa live in japan at sa Bangla Desh din ata, he was so grateful to George because he was already retiring from the music scene for about two years. he was informed that the line up is already complete with great guiatrists like Jesse ed Davis, he called up George.. at syiempre mag best friend ang dalawa, he was given the break. do doubt there are other guitarist out there that time pero sa kapanahonan ng Beatle mania and even until now IMO maisama ka lang kahit back up, stepping stone na sa career mo yon!! one of the many things I like with George is he is never selfish.

Offline rajhan lennon

• Veteran Member
^ hindi lang sya isang magaling na musician, isang tunay na kaibigan din. kya maraming nagmamahal sa kanya, including syempre ravi shankar and bespren eric clapton  8-) buti hindi nasira yung friendship nila ni clapton dahil kay patti boyd eh noh? ang taray ni patti! two great songs of all time wer written for her, may something na, na may wonderful tonight pa! ahihihi  :-D

im a real nowhere walrus

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
^ hindi lang sya isang magaling na musician, isang tunay na kaibigan din. kya maraming nagmamahal sa kanya, including syempre ravi shankar and bespren eric clapton  8-) buti hindi nasira yung friendship nila ni clapton dahil kay patti boyd eh noh? ang taray ni patti! two great songs of all time wer written for her, may something na, na may wonderful tonight pa! ahihihi  :-D

Layla was the first song Clapton wrote for Patti. Patti wanted George to get jelouse which never did happen. Clapton was having a hard time how to confess the illicit relation but George was only laughing gladly said you can take my wife if you really loved her.. we cannot fully accept because of our culture.

Offline Andro0721

Sa Anthology, sinabi nila na nung nrecord nila yung White Album (which includes While My Guitar...) eh may mga songs na nirecord nila ng hiwa-hiwalay. Si George sa studio na to, SI John sa ibang studio at si Paul sa iba rin. Kaya I believe this is true.

by that time kasi nagaaway-away na talaga silang apat. galit-galit na. A sad ending for a supergroup. at least they had their successful solo careers.  :mrgreen:
MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
by that time kasi nagaaway-away na talaga silang apat. galit-galit na. A sad ending for a supergroup. at least they had their successful solo careers.  :mrgreen:

yeah, ringo was the first to walk out, but john & paul suddenly realised how different life would be without, so they wrote ringo that he is the best drummer in the world they've ever known with roses at ringos door step

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
am not sure this is worth another thread guys, but which version do you like best for the song while my guitar gently weeps? Clapton (studio, Bang la Desh & live in Japan with George Harrison), Gary Moore (live in London with George Harrison), Jeff Heally (studio & live), Kenny Rankin or Steve Lukather of Toto (Live in Amsterdam)

Mine is Live in London with Gary Moore

Offline Zazza

George Harrison will always be my favorite Beatle. He's "The Quiet One"

Dave Grohl said in George's Funeral:

"His Quiet sensitivity seemed always so noble. His songs are more sweet and sincere unlike the rest of the 4 (Beatles) He was the secret weapon"

He never cared if Paul and John took all the credit (especially when Sinatra disgustingly mistook Something as McCartney and Lennon's work) so as long as he gets the rights he deserved.

The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
George Harrison will always be my favorite Beatle. He's "The Quiet One"

Dave Grohl said in George's Funeral:

"His Quiet sensitivity seemed always so noble. His songs are more sweet and sincere unlike the rest of the 4 (Beatles) He was the secret weapon"

He never cared if Paul and John took all the credit (especially when Sinatra disgustingly mistook Something as McCartney and Lennon's work) so as long as he gets the rights he deserved.

this is informative..who's Dave Grohl bro/mam?

Offline brianwilson

• Veteran Member
^He's a Foo Fighter and a Beatlemaniac.  :lol:

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
^He's a Foo Fighter and a Beatlemaniac.  :lol:

Ex-Nirvana drummer as well.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ex-Nirvana drummer as well.

so amazing that the Beatles influence transcends from generation to generation

Offline Zazza

@ Slowhand - They said it  :-D

The Beatles and their music affected so many lives of people hearing their music. Ringo being the "Working Class Hero", George being "The Quiet One", Paul "The Handsome One" and John "The Clever One", they are arguably the best band ever  :-D

But George always never failed to amuse the more serious listeners. It was John and Paul who always had the big piece of the pie, but George had the piece he always was contented with  :-D It's just unfortunate to be at the shadow of Lennon and McCartney...

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
@ Slowhand - They said it  :-D

The Beatles and their music affected so many lives of people hearing their music. Ringo being the "Working Class Hero", George being "The Quiet One", Paul "The Handsome One" and John "The Clever One", they are arguably the best band ever  :-D

But George always never failed to amuse the more serious listeners. It was John and Paul who always had the big piece of the pie, but George had the piece he always was contented with  :-D It's just unfortunate to be at the shadow of Lennon and McCartney...

you speak words of wisdom bro,  :-) you know too much..i ringo ang working class hero, di ba si John? right me if I'm wrong bro
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:56:16 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline brianwilson

• Veteran Member
He's right. John's actually middle class, the other three, working class.

Offline Zazza

@ slowhand : Ay di naman ser  :-D nagbabasa basa lang ng mga UK mags. My mom's a big fan of The Beatles and she's also telling me tales and a half about her fave heroes. That's where i became a fan, too  :-D

The Working Class Hero was dubbed to him by the man himself, John Lennon. He was born in the outskirts of Speke, Liverpool, and didn't have the luxury of a middle class family. I forgot all the rest on his way up  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:21:19 AM by Zazza »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus

sa youtube ang dami palang guest appearances ni george. You'll understand more why he is called the quite one

Offline dudematters

ALL HAIL GEORGE HARRISON!!!
Daily Revolver