hulika

Author Topic: Alkaline Trio - Crimson album review  (Read 1442 times)

Offline jaythegame

• Veteran Member
Alkaline Trio - Crimson album review
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:14:48 AM »
Songs:
1. Time To Waste
2. The Poison
3. Burn
4. Mercy Me
5. Dethbed
6. Settle For Satin
7. Sadie
8. Fall Victim
9. I Was A Prayer
10. Prevent This Tragedy
11. Back To Hell
12. Your Neck
13. Smoke

Well, Ive been a very faithful fan of Alkaline Trio and I have listened to almost all of their songs and loved all of them. Crimson, their newest record, is no exception. With the addition of piano/keyboards/synth to the instruments used (also used in their previous albums i.e. crawl, 100 stories, etc.), the trio's sound made a very noticeable change. The sound is still alkaline trio but in a darker sense.

Lyrically, I noticed that they matured in writing but you can still notice their being "Alkaline Trio" though they made slight changes in their arrangements. With Matt writing most of the "darker" songs and Dan on the "lighter" songs, you can still find their unique formula. One thing I noticed is that there are some songs where Matt and Dan switches vocals, like a duet. Comparing the record with their older ones, you can say that the record is over-produced and you'd think that they had it made to attract a wider audience.

I personally like Burn, Smoke, Back to hell, Dethbed, I Was A Prayer, The Poison, time To Waste, Mercy Me, Your Neck, Prevent this Tragedy, and my favorite, Sadie, which was released earlier on the BYO split CD.

My overall impression on the record is that the record sounds good but the band lacked what it is to be "Alkaline Trio". I know its because of diversity but I'm happy that they still kick ass though changes have been made. Its still a good record but it is more suitable for radio play and fans of the original trio wont be pleased with that news.
geeesh

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Alkaline Trio - Crimson album review
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 10:57:56 AM »
Tingin ko e dahil sa Heavens din yan.

Offline jaythegame

• Veteran Member
Re: Alkaline Trio - Crimson album review
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 06:14:29 PM »
Tingin ko e dahil sa Heavens din yan.

hnd ko rin masyado trip ung heavens pero ok naman un.. may bago silang release mga b-sides nila, ung remains.. ok naman, at least i have a chance to listen to the orig recording of sadie.. :-D
geeesh