hulika

Author Topic: Line 6 Helix & Pod HD300/400/500/500x users thread!!!  (Read 462663 times)

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Line 6 Helix & Pod HD300/400/500/500x users thread!!!
« Reply #2600 on: August 03, 2017, 12:01:59 PM »
I see. Hindi lang ako familiar sa topology or circuit design ng Marshall MG na head.. Pero natry ko dati mag plug ng HD500 sa FX Send ng Blackstar HT-20 (Guitar was plugged sa Input ng HD500). Wala rin tunog, yun pala kailangan may naka plug pa rin sa main input jack nung Blackstar kahit dummy plug lang, para maging operational yung buong amp.

ayun! sige try ko to sa week end. i think same approach din sila ng marhsall. salamat boss chino!  :)

Update:
Tried it again pero wala pa rin sound na lumabas, this time on a marshall valvestate.  :eek:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:30:03 AM by iamweird »
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2601 on: September 05, 2017, 10:10:45 AM »
plugged my hd500x to my computer, installed the driver,

pero wlang sound na lumalabas sa mga computer speakers ko,

anybody who had experienced the same problem?

thank you sa sasagot  :mrgreen:
Masters are once an apprentice

Offline vantonilin

« Reply #2602 on: September 05, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
plugged my hd500x to my computer, installed the driver,

pero wlang sound na lumalabas sa mga computer speakers ko,

anybody who had experienced the same problem?

thank you sa sasagot  :mrgreen:

Hi. I think you need a DAW.

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2603 on: September 15, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »
Hi. I think you need a DAW.

finally was able to make it work,
kpag sinaksak mo yung usb cable from hd500x to PC, and pagka install mo ng driver,
your hd500x becomes your sound card, so yung speaker mo is i-plug mo nlang sa hd500x mo sa "phones"
haha

ayun DAW nlang need ko for recording,.

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2604 on: November 07, 2017, 07:36:03 PM »
 :wave: Question ulit,

gusto ko i-try na i combine yung analogs ko sa hd500x..
question is paano ang dapat kong gawin...

eto analogs ko

GT2 Sansamp - ShredHead - Ibanez TS Mini - Phase 90 Script - Boss PS6 Harmonist - Zoom ms50g

maaring redundant na yung ibang analogs pero gusto ko sila itry lahat,

ano po ba ang maaring pros and cons? and ano ang dapat kong gawin para maiset ko sila ng maayos?

salamat po sa sasagot ^_^

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2605 on: November 07, 2017, 07:54:34 PM »
:wave: Question ulit,

gusto ko i-try na i combine yung analogs ko sa hd500x..
question is paano ang dapat kong gawin...

eto analogs ko

GT2 Sansamp - ShredHead - Ibanez TS Mini - Phase 90 Script - Boss PS6 Harmonist - Zoom ms50g

maaring redundant na yung ibang analogs pero gusto ko sila itry lahat,

ano po ba ang maaring pros and cons? and ano ang dapat kong gawin para maiset ko sila ng maayos?

salamat po sa sasagot ^_^
a couple of back read till you saw titser_marco's post.
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2606 on: November 08, 2017, 09:10:24 AM »
a couple of back read till you saw titser_marco's post.

will do sir nicoyow, haha slamat

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2607 on: March 01, 2018, 09:34:32 PM »
Hi Boys and Girls,

I'm planning to buy the Helix FX and nabasa ko sa ibang forums na medyo inherent daw ang noise/hiss/hum kapag gumagamit ng 4-cable method on other Helix/POD units. How do you guys and gals manage the unwanted sound for the 4 cable method? Parang hindi ata ideal para sa kin gumamit nung mga hum eliminator kasi dagdag expense nanaman sya. hehe

I plan to use it on a Vox AV30 amp na may series (i think) effects loop.

Thanks,
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2608 on: March 02, 2018, 01:48:45 AM »
Hi Boys and Girls,

I'm planning to buy the Helix FX and nabasa ko sa ibang forums na medyo inherent daw ang noise/hiss/hum kapag gumagamit ng 4-cable method on other Helix/POD units. How do you guys and gals manage the unwanted sound for the 4 cable method? Parang hindi ata ideal para sa kin gumamit nung mga hum eliminator kasi dagdag expense nanaman sya. hehe

I plan to use it on a Vox AV30 amp na may series (i think) effects loop.

Thanks,
Maybe I'm wrong here but I think the power supplies is where L6 has been cutting corners since the POD HD. For the longest time they used transformer based PSUs for the POD, POD2.0, and POD XT but when they came out with the HD500, I was surprised that they opted for a switching psu.

AFAIK, the only real isolation is one that comes from transformers and moving towards a switching psu has made Line 6 products noisier. My HD500X is more than enough for me feature-wise but the digital whine that comes from the unit in venues that have bad filtering can sometimes.be annoying.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2609 on: March 02, 2018, 03:58:50 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong here but I think the power supplies is where L6 has been cutting corners since the POD HD. For the longest time they used transformer based PSUs for the POD, POD2.0, and POD XT but when they came out with the HD500, I was surprised that they opted for a switching psu.

AFAIK, the only real isolation is one that comes from transformers and moving towards a switching psu has made Line 6 products noisier. My HD500X is more than enough for me feature-wise but the digital whine that comes from the unit in venues that have bad filtering can sometimes.be annoying.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Oh ok. Salamat sa inputs. I rarely do gigs so sana i don't get much of that noise from the power outlets sa bahay.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2610 on: March 12, 2018, 08:27:27 PM »
So its been a few days since nabili ko yung HX Effects and here are my thoughts...

Out of the box, there are 16 presets at parang isa o dalawang preset lang ang usable for my style of playing.  Meron rin bass and acoustic presets. Yung Korg AX1G
 (bought in 2000) and Digitech RP150 (bought in 2008) ko around 10 - 20 usable presets kaagad ang pwede magamit.

So here we go...stomp box mode. First preset i did was a combination of a "Klon", "Timmy" and a Plate Reverb. Plugged it in front of my Micro Terror with 2x12s. Haha i never had the chance to plug into a real Klon, Timmy and an actual Plate Reverb pero that HX Effects emulation sounds really good to my ears.

Next preset i did was a modulation preset featuring a Leslie Speaker emulation. Used two amps for this one (Micro Terror and Vox AV30) para stereo. I'm impressed.

As for editing presets...madali lang mag edit although hassle mag lagay ng pangalan ng preset kasi you have to turn the knobs for the letters. Hindi ko pa nasusubukan yung ibang features like 4 cable method, looper, separate effects for left and right amps and wala pa akong expression pedal so i think i've barely scratched the surface for this one. I was hoping for a 12 string guitar emulator pero meron naman akong Digitech Mosaic so no issues there.

So far, tinago ko muna yung iba kong pedals and my current set-up is Guitar -> Orange Two Stroke Boost EQ -> HX Effects -> in front of Micro Terror and Vox AV30.

Next up: dialing rockstar inspired presets :)

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2611 on: March 22, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »
Hi guys,

i kinda need your little help.

anyone here still using his X3L?
thing is, nawala ko kasi adaptor ko. and i had to check my X3L if still working. then if okay pa nag ON at walang problema saka ako bibili ng power adaptor nya.
can anyone lend me their adaptor or kahit puntahan ko kayo just to check if its okay.

sana may makatulong. huhu.

thanks PM!

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2612 on: April 19, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
Hi guys,

i kinda need your little help.

anyone here still using his X3L?
thing is, nawala ko kasi adaptor ko. and i had to check my X3L if still working. then if okay pa nag ON at walang problema saka ako bibili ng power adaptor nya.
can anyone lend me their adaptor or kahit puntahan ko kayo just to check if its okay.

sana may makatulong. huhu.

thanks PM!

up  :cry:

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2613 on: July 05, 2018, 09:11:59 PM »
May firmware update yung Helix. Version 2.6 na.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2614 on: July 06, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »
May firmware update yung Helix. Version 2.6 na.

:drool:

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2615 on: July 26, 2018, 12:49:25 PM »
I'm loving the Treble Booster update sa Helix. When used in front of an "on the edge of break-up" AC30 TB voiced amp....INSTANT BRIAN MAY!!!

Offline bahizta05

« Reply #2616 on: September 25, 2018, 12:19:53 PM »
Hi guys! Would like to ask lang kung saan pwede ipa repair yung POD H500 ko,

medyo nag loloko na kasi yung 2nd, 3rd, and 4th parameter knob nya kaya ang hirap mag edit ng effects, nag sshuffle na yung Value pag nag ttweek.

My POD HD500 has been with me for 7 faithful years hehe and ayoko pa syang i-replace.

Thanks in advance! :)

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2617 on: September 25, 2018, 04:22:56 PM »
So its been a few days since nabili ko yung HX Effects and here are my thoughts...

Out of the box, there are 16 presets at parang isa o dalawang preset lang ang usable for my style of playing.  Meron rin bass and acoustic presets. Yung Korg AX1G
 (bought in 2000) and Digitech RP150 (bought in 2008) ko around 10 - 20 usable presets kaagad ang pwede magamit.

So here we go...stomp box mode. First preset i did was a combination of a "Klon", "Timmy" and a Plate Reverb. Plugged it in front of my Micro Terror with 2x12s. Haha i never had the chance to plug into a real Klon, Timmy and an actual Plate Reverb pero that HX Effects emulation sounds really good to my ears.

Next preset i did was a modulation preset featuring a Leslie Speaker emulation. Used two amps for this one (Micro Terror and Vox AV30) para stereo. I'm impressed.

As for editing presets...madali lang mag edit although hassle mag lagay ng pangalan ng preset kasi you have to turn the knobs for the letters. Hindi ko pa nasusubukan yung ibang features like 4 cable method, looper, separate effects for left and right amps and wala pa akong expression pedal so i think i've barely scratched the surface for this one. I was hoping for a 12 string guitar emulator pero meron naman akong Digitech Mosaic so no issues there.

So far, tinago ko muna yung iba kong pedals and my current set-up is Guitar -> Orange Two Stroke Boost EQ -> HX Effects -> in front of Micro Terror and Vox AV30.

Next up: dialing rockstar inspired presets :)

I was actually going to ask if someone already owns a line 6 HX, I'm looking forward on selling my hd500x and replace it with HX, read a lot of good stuff about it, if magkakaroon pa kayo ng review about please do post it here, hehe, wla pa kong ibang kakilala na merong line 6 HX

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2618 on: October 05, 2018, 05:12:39 AM »
I was actually going to ask if someone already owns a line 6 HX, I'm looking forward on selling my hd500x and replace it with HX, read a lot of good stuff about it, if magkakaroon pa kayo ng review about please do post it here, hehe, wla pa kong ibang kakilala na merong line 6 HX

Tignan mo rin yung bagong HX Stomp. Mas pinaliit na Helix. It has the Helix amp models unlike the HX Effects na walang amp models. Same price as the HX Effects though.

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2619 on: October 05, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »
Tignan mo rin yung bagong HX Stomp. Mas pinaliit na Helix. It has the Helix amp models unlike the HX Effects na walang amp models. Same price as the HX Effects though.

kalungkot, sna nlagyan nlang ng amp models ang HX effects para sulit hahaha

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2620 on: October 06, 2018, 12:15:24 PM »
Baka magkaroon din sila ng update bro for HX effects

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2621 on: October 07, 2018, 01:06:55 AM »

I think the closest thing to amp sim na pwedeng maidagdag sa HX effects ay mga pedal na "amp-in-a-box" type kasi ang HX Effects was meant to be plugged into your favorite amp. If you want amp sims, you can always go for Helix/LT/Stomp. :)

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #2622 on: April 21, 2019, 07:40:21 AM »
my helix lt

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #2623 on: April 21, 2019, 07:41:41 AM »
my helix lt
Amp-less na :-)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #2624 on: July 20, 2019, 01:04:20 PM »
Helix 2.80 update is out!

New Amp Models in 2.80
Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Stomp
•   Fullerton Nrm, based on* the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (normal channel)
•   Fullerton Brt, based on* the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (bright channel)
•   Fullerton Jump, based on* the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (jumped channels)
•   Grammatico Nrm, based on* the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (normal channel)
•   Grammatico Brt, based on* the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (bright channel)
•   Grammatico Jump, based on* the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (jumped channels)
•   Revv Gen Red, based on* the red (gain 2) channel of the Revv® Generator 120
•   Ampeg SVT-4 PRO, based on* the Ampeg® SVT-4 PRO
NOTE: All product names used in this document are trademarks of their respective owners and neither Yamaha Guitar Group nor Line 6 are associated or affiliated with them. These trademarks appear solely to identify products whose tones and sounds were studied by Line 6 during sound model development. That said, the teams at Revv and Grammatico are super cool (and patient!) and you should buy their awesome amps.
New Effects Models in 2.80
Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp
•   Distortion > Dhyana Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Hermida Zendrive
•   Distortion > Heir Apparent (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Analogman Prince of Tone (basically half a King of Tone)
•   Distortion > Tone Sovereign (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Analogman King of Tone V4 (basically two Prince of Tones in one)
•   Distortion > ZeroAmp Bass DI (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Tech 21® SansAmp Bass Driver DI V1
•   Distortion > Ampeg Scrambler (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Ampeg® Scrambler Bass Overdrive
•   Filter > Asheville Pattrn (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Moog® Moogerfooger® MF-105M MIDI MuRF Filter (with both MuRF and Bass MuRF voicings)
•   EQ > Low/High Shelf (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
•   EQ > Tilt (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original. Tilt is a subtle 6dB EQ that boosts high frequencies while simultaneously attenuating low frequencies (or vice versa). Great for quickly making tones a bit brighter or darker. The Center Freq parameter sets the frequency around which the boost and cut pivot