hulika

Author Topic: VHT Special 6. Wow!  (Read 10633 times)

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: VHT Special 6. Wow!
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »
Filippo: I had the Valve Bimbo head/cab. That was a monster of an amp for its size. I'm still kicking myself for letting it go (Na-adik sa bike at the time). I'd say the VHT is more tweed voiced so it may not be the one for you if you're into plexi.
The Bimbo, on the otherhand, is pure cranked plexi goodness without the ear-splitting volume.

Here's my Valve Bimbo with markflo playing. No effects on. We were swapping preamp tubes to see what's best. I miss that amp.  :cry:

ganda talag tunog niya meng ... although tunog maliit pa rin talaga siya which is expected at 5 watts ... is there a bigger version kaya of this amp?
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »
ganda talag tunog niya meng ... although tunog maliit pa rin talaga siya which is expected at 5 watts ... is there a bigger version kaya of this amp?

The bigger version is the 12/20. Has the added option of being able to accept EL34, 6L6 or 6V6 with a corresponding bias switch.

Actually been saving up for a head version.
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline bluesy_pt

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »
VHT Special 6 demo (frugalguitarist.com vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYg0_89eRR8

:)

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 11:03:10 PM »
The bigger version is the 12/20. Has the added option of being able to accept EL34, 6L6 or 6V6 with a corresponding bias switch.

deym sounds like a dream

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »

can't find it on the site bro... can you send me a link?

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 03:41:01 PM »
This amp was also quite tempting when I first saw it. I also want to compare it head-to-head with Goldea AT-15 kasi magkalapit lang yung price nila. Mukha kasing Marshallesque yung itsura niya. Never tried one though. Pero sa mga comments dito, I don't think it's what I'm looking for. Tweedish pala siya...  :-D
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 10:41:31 PM »
Bumping this thread. Actually just got one this morning. I was about to get an Orange Crush 35rt when I spotted this badboy. Plugged in my CV50 strat and went home with him instead. :D
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline mikzimous

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 02:26:33 AM »
this is interesting..   :drool:

any ideas how much yung special 6 ultra sa lazer?  :)

Offline LedZep

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 12:24:52 PM »
I have one, good amp, seems bulletproof,  nice fenderish clean. Great pedal platform.

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 03:07:55 PM »
I have one, good amp, seems bulletproof,  nice fenderish clean. Great pedal platform.

Agreed (on the pedal platform), and this is in spite na wala shang efx loop.

What I noticed though is that I had to use my FD-2 on flat mids setting instead of my usual Vintage option, which almost gives off an unmusical farting sound. Not sure if there's such a thing as a musical fart sound though. :D
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 07:25:49 PM »
Tried it several times using my own guitars at the DND shop but I just couldn't get myself to like it. I know it's only 6 watts but I was expecting it to be louder. There's no way this amp could be heard over a loud drummer. I bet it's an amazing bedroom wanker though.

Edit: Two of these running in stereo may just work for my needs.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Impellitteri

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 07:17:45 AM »
I recently purchased here @ guitar accessories thread. I replaced the tubes of course. Now I need to re-bias just to lessen the heat and plug in my 12" speaker. I think this can cut through the mix in a band setup even with an angry drummer