hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 323998 times)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
Re: New Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #275 on: February 26, 2009, 07:01:04 AM »
sir roj nakagt-10 na din ako.. ako ung naggawa ng thread bout x3l or gt 10 hehehe..
 natry nyo na tong tone editor ng boss gt-10....

http://gtx.tinfoilmusic.net/GT10-download.html

hehehe...

parang gsto ko din pagawang blue ung led ko ah...

Hi Nick,
I tried before but not to the extent just curious, maganda rin siya. Later i might but i need more to familiarize and master the GT frontend routine mahirap na mangapa sa live situation kung masanay ka nlang diyan. Before it happen kc the first time i use the GT live maraming tao i need to change some setting on the patch i'm using natulala ako eh, so to make it abrupt nag change nalang ako ng next patch kahit di tugma sa kanta namin hahaha. Pagkatapos ng presentation sabi ko sa sarili ko ganito lang yon eh bakit nakalimutan ko.   Mas maganda mag tweak ka muna sa panel ng GT to master it. Later na lng siguro yon.

@ tapslore, as of now you need a two dec stomp when applying true image stereo one for each L/R output of the GT. Later i may incorporate two circuit in one box but it would require bigger box and and double the parts.

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »
Ah good. I don't have to wait for your txt anymore...  8-)

sorry di na kita na text na nakahnap na ako ng PE60 :-D
mejo "busy" sa work

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2009, 02:43:47 PM »
They are totally different in process. I usually use the DEC even on clean patches laging naka ON.
Here:
The DEC circuit was designed primarily to eliminate and suppress digital FIZZ, an obnoxious form byproduct of distortion especially on multiFX and modeler and to those alike. Such overdrive/distortion tones have a bogus-sounding harmonics loathsome which are due and inherent to the total mix of conglomerate or accumulated process either by analog to digital conversion and/or digital to analog conversion or even on analog unit to analog unit mixes.  With the help and use of DEC stomp, this filter out by removing those highgain artifacts or digital FIZZ yield during process hence maintain sonically the modeler true integrity sounding effects and great clarity outcome.  What it does also is to dynamically modify and correct the high-frequency harmonics which then restores the clarity and the delicate harmonic structures lost through signal processing with those multiple effect units. It is well suited to studio work where it can have a huge impact on the clarity of the recorded sound.
DEC stomp also not only clean out but enhances and restore a certain tube-amp essence of authentic tone to modelers and preamps, with it’s circuit ability to make the modeler sound more tube like (tubey) than it actually is and a well define and improve sound as digitally FIZZ free and more akin to analog sound. The DEC stomp not only improves the tone, but makes the overall "feel" & "playability" of the modeler effects better thus giving you greatly reduce amount of time required to program your pro-sounding patches and/or help you easily in tweaking and finding your elusive sweet sounding spot.  It also makes many more of the Simulated Preamp and Cab Plus OD/DS models in your modeler usable and giving you the exact descriptive tone of what the multi-effects unit was suppose and design for
You may ask InkslingerX member here in this forum for his comments too. Patrick the other guy working at Perfect Pitch using it not a member here.

BBE's Sonic Max on the other hand process corrects the phase distortion we perceive when an amplified audio signal comes out of loudspeaker.
Basically, bass frequencies reach the ear a bit sooner than treble. Consequently, whether you realize it or not, music from a speaker will always sound a bit deader and more muffled than it would were you hearing it live and acoustically. The various BBE Sonic Maximizers add increasing, tiny amounts of delay to the lower frequencies so that all of the audio frequencies wind up reaching your ear at the same time, the way nature intended. The result is a remarkable amount of audio clarity. I suggest you also get one  :lol: InkslingerX also do have. I'm planning to make SM clone later.

ok. so do you use both at the same time? :?

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2009, 04:32:12 PM »
ok. so do you use both at the same time? :?

+1, would like to know too. 

i have two sonic stomps running left and right to the power amp after my GT-10 (great sound btw, highly recommended) - would the DEC be compatible with this setup?

please pm me re price and place to audition your box, man, really interested...
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »
Yes, both. I can live without Sonic Max but not without DEC stomp  8-)

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:24 PM »
Yes, both. I can live without Sonic Max but not without DEC stomp  8-)

sell me your sonic stomp! :lol:
anyway, 1 more question..pano yung chain?
guitar->gt10->DEC->SOnic stomp->amp...?

ill be getting a PE60 soon. hope it'll be worth it :-D

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2009, 06:14:54 PM »
sell me your sonic stomp! :lol:
anyway, 1 more question..pano yung chain?
guitar->gt10->DEC->SOnic stomp->amp...?

ill be getting a PE60 soon. hope it'll be worth it :-D

Correct, DEC first before SM or DEC first before AMP if not using SM.

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2009, 11:38:25 AM »
mga bro i recomend you try the DEC stomp. You really will realize the true capability of your gt10, it will awaken the monster lurking beneath. The 1st time i spend time with my gt10 and DEC stomp toget.her i was like, " man my gt is in steroids!". Thats why i called mine STEROID ped.

@nickoreno: kung malayo ka dasma cavite dala mo gt mo kina sir roger sa las pinas dun natin gawin blue LED. Para try mo din DEC stomp. Txt mo ko para masked natin.09285079443.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:04:54 AM by inkslingerx »

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »
Correct, DEC first before SM or DEC first before AMP if not using SM.

Zamboanga City location ko sir.
I'd love to see a video demo of the DEC :-)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2009, 06:39:07 PM »
Guys,
My DIY mono FIZZ suppressor, i'm planning to make a stereo version. Still not in the box just to give you an insight and clips

Here' ON and OFF at the middle and ON at last portion
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7084265

This one is alternate ON and OFF
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7084280

Here's more
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7084291

Transparent ang tone no harsh fizzzzzzz

Wala akong video only recorded sound clips try the above.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »
Guys Hi,
Some more clips for the FIZZ SUPPRESSOR i built. I used the two PRESET patch of the GT10. I'm happy now and proud of it and just wanna share it  :lol:

Here
P38-2 preset patch JUNGLE GUNS, just to remind you i only move the S/R after COSM preamp beside Eq and my device has a bypass switch which i'm using to Switch ON and OFF.
Sweet Child Intro
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7107476
Comment: Notice on the lead lines ON version has pure sound alike compare to OFF version with a thin fizz harsh sound.

Here's another one
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7107484
Comment: More solid analog for ON version and wah is more pronounce again not Fizz and sound sweeter to me.

P19-4 MEGA-METAL L/R
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7107488
Comment: Again no digital fake sound for ON version, i might as well say TRUE Digital sounding without Bee sound.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7107494
Comment: I admit i love both the ON and OFF version there, but wah on ON version is more of FAT sound to my ear but then again fizz or slight fizz can be musically fit and useful specially on trash metal sound and alike.

This is subjective, i'm not claiming here what is good and bad, it's your own music and standard. I don't have GT8 or the rest but only the GT10 and I can not say it does improve on modelling as far as Fizz is concern but the main objective here is to make a FIZZwall that is effective in any way method.

Ciao,

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2009, 10:43:33 PM »
So, sino na yung nag-upgrade ng kanilang GT-10 (version)..?
I bought te first batch of the GT10s and didnt upgrade ..yet...
Ano ba yung mga upgrades/ BUG fixes? :-)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:50:54 AM by blackdogg »

Offline audiopanic

« Reply #288 on: March 05, 2009, 06:43:18 AM »
Ano ba yung mga upgrades/ big fixes? :-)

new user here. i didn't even know that it was possible to upgrade. ma-google nga. ito pa lang nakita ko: http://forum.thestompbox.net/showthread.php?t=7309

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #289 on: March 05, 2009, 07:01:53 AM »
Ano ba yung mga upgrades/ big fixes? :-)

Mine was V1.02 na. I read at the BossGT forum some posted it's for patch more smooth transition daw. You may email the Boss if you're uncertain mahirap na mag upgrade baka magloko but if you need it just make necessary power backup for both like using ups to prevent power intermission. I saw a post on GT8 nainip siya then ni restart niya akala daw niya di gumagalaw after switching again, blank screen na ang GT8 he then can't do anything

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2009, 08:55:29 AM »
Mine was V1.02 na. I read at the BossGT forum some posted it's for patch more smooth transition daw. You may email the Boss if you're uncertain mahirap na mag upgrade baka magloko but if you need it just make necessary power backup for both like using ups to prevent power intermission. I saw a post on GT8 nainip siya then ni restart niya akala daw niya di gumagalaw after switching again, blank screen na ang GT8 he then can't do anything

EXACTLY why don't wanna mess with it right now, :-o
maybe i could do away with the upgrade kung patch change lang naman :lol:
Hey Sir Roger, does your DEC unit have the same function with Radley's (Bossgtcentral) HC unit?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #291 on: March 05, 2009, 10:47:54 AM »
EXACTLY why don't wanna mess with it right now, :-o
maybe i could do away with the upgrade kung patch change lang naman :lol:
Hey Sir Roger, does your DEC unit have the same function with Radley's (Bossgtcentral) HC unit?

Yes, If i may say so. He checked out the thread and every clips sample i posted there which we discussed with. I don't have HC, $275 plus shipment ang charge niya yet he no longer ship abroad due to hassle with custom plus package delivery problem either by recipient or postage lost daw maybe siguro nga may mga lokong gumagawa nito sa kanya sabi di natangap pero na sa kanila na mahirap din di mo siya masisi kaya ayaw na niya. I even suggested him that he tap his product to a distributor to market it and have it the same available like usual stompbox in a music shop and told me he has no time to do mass production co'z this is personal handmade by him and he alone know the secret of making it and would eat all of his time and need to invest time and money for that. Remember he's a pro musician and earn a decent living through it and devote most of his time for that and need not to sell HC, also not many or every multifx user want or demand for it so he only serve his client by order. This also  make me reluctant to post the DEC outside this thread co'z I don't have such time to serve such order and i'm a working family man and yet have a decent job as well. I don't need to sell DEC for living just want to help and share our fellow GT user for what it worth and honestly the unit cost me of my time and money  and charge only my labor for it. I'm ordering the parts from epektos which the  3pdt alone cost 429 pesos already plus 150 shipment. Pang inom at sigarilyo and based on my daily rate lang charge ko mga comrade :lol:     

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #292 on: March 05, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »
Yes, If i may say so. He checked out the thread and every clips sample i posted there which we discussed with. I don't have HC, $275 plus shipment ang charge niya yet he no longer ship abroad due to hassle with custom plus package delivery problem either by recipient or postage lost daw maybe siguro nga may mga lokong gumagawa nito sa kanya sabi di natangap pero na sa kanila na mahirap din di mo siya masisi kaya ayaw na niya. I even suggested him that he tap his product to a distributor to market it and have it the same available like usual stompbox in a music shop and told me he has no time to do mass production co'z this is personal handmade by him and he alone know the secret of making it and would eat all of his time and need to invest time and money for that. Remember he's a pro musician and earn a decent living through it and devote most of his time for that and need not to sell HC, also not many or every multifx user want or demand for it so he only serve his client by order. This also  make me reluctant to post the DEC outside this thread co'z I don't have such time to serve such order and i'm a working family man and yet have a decent job as well. I don't need to sell DEC for living just want to help and share our fellow GT user for what it worth and honestly the unit cost me of my time and money  and charge only my labor for it. I'm ordering the parts from epektos which the  3pdt alone cost 429 pesos already plus 150 shipment. Pang inom at sigarilyo and based on my daily rate lang charge ko mga comrade :lol:     

yOU da man Sir Roger!
Thanks for making life easier abd better for GT10 users like me...
 :-D
GASSing for a DEC now :wink:

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
ok na ok talaga yang si sir roger, bait nyan. try nyo na DEC stomp, punta tau dun sa kanila at magjam na. :-D

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »
yesssss :-D
magkaka-GT10 steriods na rin ako!!!
Thanks Sir Roger :-D

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2009, 07:56:59 AM »
Yes mga comrade, if you find time especially on weekend just text me ahead we could jam and you could try the DEC stomp over a cup of coffee  :lol: Inkslingerx kelan tayo uli inom! I salute this guy he even make his own DIY guitars and pedal board, galing di ko kaya yon. Also we both idolized Yngwie M  :mrgreen:
@ blackdogg, i would really appreciate your testimony after using the DEC stomp, this is not to convince other but to share the usefullness of the DEC and let other realize that it is here. Our primordial goal is to uplift our GT10 and make it more efficient and effective tools part of our play and to reach out our quest and search for a golden tone with platinum sound. I will be sending you the DEC through LBC today.

Enjoy our GT10,

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2009, 10:42:28 AM »
@blackdogg: sir welcome to the club, im sure your gt10 will never be the same again.  @rogeryu: punta ako sa inyo pagnatapos na gitara, break in natin over fundador, haha. 90 percent complete na.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »
@blackdogg: sir welcome to the club, im sure your gt10 will never be the same again.  @rogeryu: punta ako sa inyo pagnatapos na gitara, break in natin over fundador, haha. 90 percent complete na.

Shoot! hahhaa, Matador brandy lang ako puwede na, ako na sa pulutan.

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »
My Initial review on rogeryu's DEC:

I just received my DEC unit today, in Happy Yellow Color  :lol: , cosmetics were almost perfect, 9.5/10...well because of paint blemishes but i really don't care :-D

Got instructions as well from the man on basic set-ups and what not. Very informative.

As instructed, tested the unit with headphones first..and definitely you could hear the harsh high ends. had my playin in-looop and began tweaking.

Observations:
Cleans- i could live with my clean patches even when this unit is off, i noticed that when ON, it rolls off the highs, tweaked it full left, center, full right.

Skip to my Recto Vntg Preset:
-had the loop thing going again and tweaked he dec on/off and definetly you could hear the fizz or harsh high ends going on and off.

had the unit on and knob at center, didnt really fit my taste then started tweaking to full right, sound was really trebly! when back to center...still seemed weak then started tweaking full left. It started to sound good and had more beefy but again, seemed like the highs were rolled off, well i eventually found a sweet spot with the knob at 9 o'clock position; tight beefy lows and no harsh high ends, not i can tweak the highs on my preamp with worrying about the harsh or bad high's...

Again, this is just my initial observation, was tweaking the thing for about 45 minutes. Will do a more in-depth tweaking with this thing over the weekend, and maybe post sound/video clips.

Overall, i am happy with the DEC stomp :-D
thnka sir rogeryu

Ot: enjoy the fv500h

EDIT;
clean sounds observations used with headphones with DEC in S/R

recto vntg patch obserevd with DEC via L/MONO out to AMP(Tech21 PE60)

- POP could be heard when switiching the DEC on/off

Ok, im off to work now, i'll be gigging with the DEC in my setup..let's see how it does in live scenario :-D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 08:41:21 PM by blackdogg »

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #299 on: March 13, 2009, 08:40:45 PM »
My Initial review on rogeryu's DEC:

I just received my DEC unit today, in Happy Yellow Color  :lol: , cosmetics were almost perfect, 9.5/10...well because of paint blemishes but i really don't care :-D

Got instructions as well from the man on basic set-ups and what not. Very informative.

As instructed, tested the unit with headphones first..and definitely you could hear the harsh high ends. had my playin in-looop and began tweaking.

Observations:
Cleans- i could live with my clean patches even when this unit is off, i noticed that when ON, it rolls off the highs, tweaked it full left, center, full right.

Skip to my Recto Vntg Preset:
-had the loop thing going again and tweaked he dec on/off and definetly you could hear the fizz or harsh high ends going on and off.

had the unit on and knob at center, didnt really fit my taste then started tweaking to full right, sound was really trebly! when back to center...still seemed weak then started tweaking full left. It started to sound good and had more beefy but again, seemed like the highs were rolled off, well i eventually found a sweet spot with the knob at 9 o'clock position; tight beefy lows and no harsh high ends, not i can tweak the highs on my preamp with worrying about the harsh or bad high's...

Again, this is just my initial observation, was tweaking the thing for about 45 minutes. Will do a more in-depth tweaking with this thing over the weekend, and maybe post sound/video clips.

Overall, i am happy with the DEC stomp :-D
thnka sir rogeryu

Ot: enjoy the fv500h

Welcome to the DARKSIDE of multiFX  :lol:
FIZZ not just reside on GT but it's an issue to all multiFX as to date, and the good news is as we (Inkslingerx and I) tested out the DEC with other Multifx our GT10 is more lesser compared to other brand  :lol:

Just wanna point out when using or introducing (incorporating) a new device like DEC or even other pedal into our GT this might need you to recalibrate your previous patch already have to sit and fit more to the sounding you like, I might as well recommend to start a new patch to build one and be able to easily adapt with the new existing set up. Albeit tedious but with you DEC on it i can assure you it's would be more robust compare to your previous one

Kindly check again the CLEAN setting, it's should be more sparkling when my DEC is ON with my clean patch. Can you also try DEC with your other multiFx if you do have and give us also your feedback.

I'm happy as you are right now and looking foward to see you more of that as comrade in GT10 ROCK ooooooooOOOOONNNNNN.....