hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 323209 times)

Offline inkslingerx

Re: New Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2009, 09:14:53 AM »
i think what ayanei52 meant was "Made In Taiwan" right? well if thats correct, most of the boss pedals in asia are assembled in taiwan but there are also made/assembled in Japan.

@rogeryu: sent you PM, check it out :evil:

Offline Ayanei52

« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »
hehe

kakatuwa naman puh
"mit" means made in taiwan

so it means lahat ng product na kinukuha sa asia ay mit

panu ung mga BOSSUS
MAde in us ba tlaga boss dun or MIT parin b?
and how bout the the difference of those prices between MIT and made in usa

btw, tama si rogeryu
kakatamad rin mag set ng multi effects patch
kc ako ikinukumpaa ko ung gawa kom patch sa mga preset patches ng gt-10

feel ko mas pulido pa tunog ng mga naka designated na preset patches kaisa sa mga gawa ku
andami eh
 :-D
siguro kailan ko lng talaga ng tiyaga!!!  :-o

thnx guys^^

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »
aHaaa, malinaw na ibig mong sabihin, anyway maganda naman ang gawa sa Taiwan kumpara sa China. Kanina lang visita ko galing ng Taiwan at QC inspector siya at guitarista rin tulad natin  :lol: Line6 ata China kaya alam mo na. Mura daw Boss pedal sa Taiwan, may plus tax na kc pag pinasok na finished product dito daw unlike raw materials. MIT hindi yan Mapua Institute of Technology ha tuloy na promote ko pa school ko  :lol: Cge KYGB....  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:24:23 PM by rogeryu »

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #328 on: March 25, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »
just got my brand new DEC Stomp!

will post a mini-review soon, thanks sir Roger :-D
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #329 on: March 25, 2009, 11:41:18 PM »
Hey guys. :-D
Well, I finally managed some time to do some patches, which I had to start from scratch by the way, to test with comrade rogeryu's DEC stomp and a BBE sonic stomp/sonic maximizer.

My set-up:

GUITAR/IBANEZ JPM100-->GT-10-->DEC IN S/R-->L/MONO OUT-->SONIC STOMP-->BOSS MICRO BR/GUITAR IN.

DEC knob, somewhere between 12 and 1 o'clock

Sequence:
1st-only the patch I made w/o DEC and Sonic Stomp
2nd-patch I made with SONIC STOMP ON, DEC OFF
3RD- SONIC STOMP ON, DEC ON.

Same sequence goes for every track recorded;

Panama Intro Riff
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=934587&songID=7457772

Rock N Roll Riff
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=934587&songID=7457810

I Remember Stevie
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=934587&songID=7457820

8-)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:54:43 PM by blackdogg »

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2009, 01:53:06 AM »
additional patch info:

1. Recto Vntg preamp sim was used on Panama riff, bridge pickup.
2. SLDN preamp sim used on rock n roll riff ( bridge pickup ), and I remember Stevie riff ( neck pickup )

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »
additional patch info:

1. Recto Vntg preamp sim was used on Panama riff, bridge pickup.
2. SLDN preamp sim used on rock n roll riff ( bridge pickup ), and I remember Stevie riff ( neck pickup )

Wow i like the way you played Panama, I used headphone and repeatedly monitored the clip. First portion really sounded fake digital mood/blanket :oops: middle sounded analog pedal and now with good gnarling riff chord and harmonics came out to me ear but still not night and day and the last wow i like that gnarling riff totally growl alive nailing Van Halen sounds and those dive plus those harmonic ringing and it's really night and day to me, who can tell you're just using a mFX. These were mine comparison to the three (Panama clip only) and I really believe on the marriage between DEC and SM :lol: Clean/Enhanced(Analog) and Maximized. Let other comments on this.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 12:52:59 PM by rogeryu »

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »
Wow i like the way you played Panama, I used headphone and repeatedly monitored the clip. First portion really sounded fake digital mood/blanket :oops: middle sounded analog pedal and now with good gnarling riff chord and harmonics came out to me ear but still not night and day and the last wow i like that gnarling riff totally growl alive nailing Van Halen sounds and those dive plus those harmonic ringing and it's really night and day to me, who can tell you're just using a mFX. These were mine comparison to the three (Panama clip only) and I really believe on the marriage between DEC and SM :lol: Clean/Enhanced(Analog) and Maximized. Let other comments on this.

Thanks,

The only problem I have if you have noticed is when the DEC is on, clipping occurs. Well I guess I didnt bother to check the s/r levels, I guess this can be managed easily by turning the return level down, right comrade? :wink:

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2009, 07:06:34 PM »
The only problem I have if you have noticed is when the DEC is on, clipping occurs. Well I guess I didnt bother to check the s/r levels, I guess this can be managed easily by turning the return level down, right comrade? :wink:

Correct, not just the DEC, try even just your SM or any pedal on S/R. This will also clip if you not managed to balance the S/R especially on recording level but in live you would get away with it  :-).

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #334 on: May 07, 2009, 10:10:12 PM »
Up,up tabihan natin X3live thread, okey din yon  :-D

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #335 on: May 08, 2009, 01:41:25 AM »
Up,up tabihan natin X3live thread, okey din yon  :-D
:lol: Biglang nabuhay tong thread na to ahh...
OT: comrade roger, you had the bossgtcentral shook up with your supposed "paradigm shift"  :-D

..I used to own the x3L before the gt-10

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #336 on: May 08, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
:lol: Biglang nabuhay tong thread na to ahh...
OT: comrade roger, you had the bossgtcentral shook up with your supposed "paradigm shift"  :-D

..I used to own the x3L before the gt-10

Ha! what happened, binenta mo? Di ba siya ok  :-(
Send ko pala sa iyo HIGAIN TEMPLATE patch, this is an experimental patch without using DEC ha. Check if you find it horrible hahaaha.
@ tapslore how is the patch on your FRFR powerblock?

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #337 on: May 08, 2009, 01:04:19 PM »
sorry haven't tried it yet, ang raming trabaho.  but i'll definitely try it sometime this weekend, will record something hehe
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #338 on: May 08, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »

Ha! what happened, binenta mo? Di ba siya ok  :-(
Send ko pala sa iyo HIGAIN TEMPLATE patch, this is an experimental patch without using DEC ha. Check if you find it horrible hahaaha.
@ tapslore how is the patch on your FRFR powerblock?

OO..matagal na  :lol:
cge i'll wait for the patch..
as for the x3l..i had the 1st batch w/c were really messed up..that is too many glitches and bugs..but the firmware update was the solution..like i said in the x3l thread..the only reason i shifted from the x3l to the gt-10 was mainly because it didn't have a real "intelligent" harmonist  :lol:

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2009, 03:53:37 PM »
oi nabuhay ang thread ng gt10 :evil:

@ rogeryu
pasend ng patch para masubukan din. nga pla check out my avatar, yan na ang project ko. will try to record for some soundclips soon :-D

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2009, 08:21:04 PM »
oi nabuhay ang thread ng gt10 :evil:

@ rogeryu
pasend ng patch para masubukan din. nga pla check out my avatar, yan na ang project ko. will try to record for some soundclips soon :-D

Yan kailan natin binyagan yan para mas gumanda tunog  :lol: Send ko syo mamya nasa office me, wala akong copy sa flash drive ko ngayon  :x
Experimental patch without DEC ito ha, but if you opt to use the DEC it's up to you. I just want to shoot a patch without it para ma share ko sa mga walang DEC on Boss GTcentral. Afterall this is a TEMPLATE patch, Timowens our comrade there had tried it and give a thumbs up on his email response. 

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2009, 08:27:17 PM »
just finished downloading your patch at gt central... will try later when i got home.. :x till 1130 pa ko dito.

sked natin break-in before the month ends :mrgreen:

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »
just finished downloading your patch at gt central... will try later when i got home.. :x till 1130 pa ko dito.

sked natin break-in before the month ends :mrgreen:

Cge may stateside ako dito, Sama natin si Tapslore  :-D

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2009, 12:10:43 AM »
Cge may stateside ako dito, Sama natin si Tapslore  :-D
panalo, sked natin ng maayos to.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2009, 12:32:12 PM »
panalo, sked natin ng maayos to.

Di pa sumasagot si Tapslore eh baka busy siya. Ang layo naman kasi ni Blackdogg, Zamboanga pa!

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »
work work work ako ngayon guys, OT pa ko last saturday.

btw my current project is a 5-watt stereo recording tube amp with sir Raul using el84's.  hoping to mate it to the gt-10 as a poweramp.  balitaan ko kayo when it's done  :-D

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »
Di pa sumasagot si Tapslore eh baka busy siya. Ang layo naman kasi ni Blackdogg, Zamboanga pa!

:-D
Roger, got the patch..pero di ko pa na-upload..will do it tonight.
Thanks

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2009, 07:34:06 PM »
@Blackdogg, great i like to know how the patch sounded on your Power engin60 FRFR yon di ba? Use the Higain Temp Live version for that, and use the the other naman for recording level.

@Tapslore, you meant power tube el84 amp lang pagagawa mo, no preamp 12ax7? How much? di kaya mababang headroom 5watts konting volume clean biglang clip drive na pag pinihit mo pa konti. Pero kung pang recording ok ata.

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2009, 11:21:10 PM »
anyone got schematics for a footswitch which would work on the GT10? ala FS 5 sana. Wala mabili dito e.

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #349 on: May 12, 2009, 12:29:57 AM »
cool!  will try this tonight. 

medyo nauubusan na nga ako ng pasensiya dito sa gt-10.  the clean models are nice, but the moment you start adding gain, the distortion doesn't sound musical  (i came from a vox tonelab, which had very musical gain characteristics - kahit anong pihit ng knob, maganda ang labas).  with the gt, no matter what output i choose (jc-120, small, combo, return, line/phone) and no matter how low i set the patch level or the output level knob, "magaralgal" palagi yung distortion.  i even set my output level to -10 (guitar level output), pero no dice.

will try the gt-10 with a solid-state washburn bad dog tonight, baka lang hindi match yung gt ad vox amp.  if it still sounds bad, maybe there's something wrong with the gt...

i have the GT-10 and I just set it to single coil it rocks hard haha..my guitar is just single coil.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:04:46 AM by 24242009 »