hulika

Author Topic: Fuzz Freaks arise!  (Read 272760 times)

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fuzz Freaks arise!
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2010, 11:08:50 PM »
may gumagawa kaya ng fuzz factory copy dito sa PM?  :roll: :roll:
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2010, 12:10:27 AM »
may gumagawa kaya ng fuzz factory copy dito sa PM?  :roll: :roll:

i saw someone selling a clone sa classifieds a while back. baka nandun pa bro.

Offline slaphappy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2010, 03:56:56 AM »

i have a deviever aenima. very noisy pedal using the 1spot, but if use my dc brick it's better. can nail some weird things, but the feedback/noise is just too much i had to take it out of my chain! got to check the cables and my vox VT30 is effect unfriendly. i have yet to try it in a tube amp.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:10 AM »

nice! you're the only one i've seen here with a single ped devi.

what made you go with the aenima and not the vfm, bit or the disaster fuzz?

Offline slaphappy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »
nice! you're the only one i've seen here with a single ped devi.

what made you go with the aenima and not the vfm, bit or the disaster fuzz?

i'll be honest, i thought it was made to sound like tool. :-P i think i read that on a review, if only i can recall where i saw that.

i was in no position to test as my friend who went to the states was the one who bought it and the only way i can actually hear out one is on the devi ever website and youtube, the best one i heard was this one. everything sounded almost the same. it was an impulse "pabili" because my friend was already on the way to the guitar store and i had to find a fuzz with little time and research.  :lol: bad decision making, i know....

very little regret though. at least for now, i have something unique and not the common Big Muff/Boss kind. timpla timpla nalang kailangan...

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2010, 09:27:54 AM »
i'll be honest, i thought it was made to sound like tool. :-P i think i read that on a review, if only i can recall where i saw that.

i was in no position to test as my friend who went to the states was the one who bought it and the only way i can actually hear out one is on the devi ever website and youtube, the best one i heard was this one. everything sounded almost the same. it was an impulse "pabili" because my friend was already on the way to the guitar store and i had to find a fuzz with little time and research.  :lol: bad decision making, i know....

very little regret though. at least for now, i have something unique and not the common Big Muff/Boss kind. timpla timpla nalang kailangan...

i'm sure interesting din to. it's made naman for noise and high gain fuzz. my taste leans towards the more extreme sounding fuzz like this and pedals of this sort. there are some fuzz lovers that are into the creamy warm fuzz tones and some naman who dig the sputtering decay, high gain torn speaker sound. i've been wanting to get the disaster fuzz myself because i'm curious about the oscillation switch, but turi says not to waste my money with that and just get a rocket or a shoegazer...or a mangler which is 300 dollars. (yikes) personally, i want them all. ha ha ha.

Offline slaphappy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2010, 09:48:04 AM »
i'm sure interesting din to. it's made naman for noise and high gain fuzz. my taste leans towards the more extreme sounding fuzz like this and pedals of this sort. there are some fuzz lovers that are into the creamy warm fuzz tones and some naman who dig the sputtering decay, high gain torn speaker sound. i've been wanting to get the disaster fuzz myself because i'm curious about the oscillation switch, but turi says not to waste my money with that and just get a rocket or a shoegazer...or a mangler which is 300 dollars. (yikes) personally, i want them all. ha ha ha.

exactly my point then! right now, i'm on a experimental stage (kuno) and want to try out new sounds, sawa na siguro ako sa normal OD sound... the first time i saw their website, i wanted them all too!  :lol: my second choice then was the shoegazer. medyo budgeted rin e kaya di ko na masyado pinakinggan yung mga mahal na pedals nila e.

dapat ata separate line na sya, lakas ng noise talaga, naka X2N pa naman yung isang gitara ko  :-P i wonder how it would sound on strat? hehehe.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »
exactly my point then! right now, i'm on a experimental stage (kuno) and want to try out new sounds, sawa na siguro ako sa normal OD sound... the first time i saw their website, i wanted them all too!  :lol: my second choice then was the shoegazer. medyo budgeted rin e kaya di ko na masyado pinakinggan yung mga mahal na pedals nila e.

dapat ata separate line na sya, lakas ng noise talaga, naka X2N pa naman yung isang gitara ko  :-P i wonder how it would sound on strat? hehehe.

iba rin yun cguro. galing nung devis e. parang yung fuzz responsive pa sa pickup selector at sa roll back ng volume knob when the drive is dimed. interested din ako dun sa feature na yun. i dunno lang sa aenima kung ganun sya. ok din yung mga parang family computer 8 bit sounding fuzz. parang [avocado] yung tunog.

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »
let's bring this back to life...

your opinion regarding the Jack Deville Buzz Master? thanks!
[

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »
let's bring this back to life...

your opinion regarding the Jack Deville Buzz Master? thanks!

reviews pa lang nakikita ko, mukhang oks naman. his modulation pedal looks killer. :-)

Fuzz.. I have 2 more coming in :lol:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2011, 05:40:50 PM »
reviews pa lang nakikita ko, mukhang oks naman. his modulation pedal looks killer. :-)

Fuzz.. I have 2 more coming in :lol:

cool... the echo/delay is good too.. but that's another story...

anyway, the fuzz from jack deville is quite good... same with black cat...

all WIN!!! \m/  :evil:

check my sig...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:43:30 PM by masterchoxter »
[

Offline pok

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »
Ano po masasabi nyo sa VS Angry Fuzz? Planning to get one po.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »
new fuzz on proguitarshop.com is the retro channel fuzz.

looks cool. tone bender mkII derivative.

The Retro Channel Fuzz could be the ultimate solution for those Page and Beck tones without the hassle of worrying about the effects of temperature or time on those fragile germanium transistors.  Retro Channel has developed a proprietary chipset that delivers pure MK2 fuzz tones without the use of germanium for a guaranteed tried-and-true tone that will handle all the rigors of the road or inclement weather without ever losing that glorious fuzz tone.  The Retro Channel Fuzz works extremely well with the guitar’s volume knob, cleaning up when it needs to, and delivers punchy, in your face MK2 fuzz at all settings.  When dimed out, that thick, rich sustain will go on for days on single note lines and when the Attack is backed off, the Retro Channel Fuzz delivers perfect rhythm crunch.  No more will your MK2 fuzz sound different every time you use it, the Retro Channel Fuzz solves this problem and many more and will consistently deliver the tone you hear in your head time after time.

demo:

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2011, 02:01:11 AM »
a new fuzz from devi ever: the silver rose

description from devi's site:

The Silver Rose is quite simply a classic Super Fuzz and IC Big Muff design combined together with a Mixer that allows you to blend seamlessly between the two fuzz sounds, and includes a clean knob, and active bass / treble EQ knobs (that can be bypassed).

This unique design was commissioned by Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins and is now available for everyone to enjoy! :D  He wanted something classic with the ability to sound more modern... the solution was the dual EQ + ability to blend together what I believe are his two favorite fuzzes.

Made from top-quality boutique components professionally board mounted with a "soft-touch" footswitch utilizing relay switching, which makes replacing the foot switch a breeze years from now when you've put the pedal through millions of hours of good rock and roll use. :)