hulika

Author Topic: ZILDJIANS & PAISTE  (Read 2674 times)

Offline blackhawk7a

ZILDJIANS & PAISTE
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »
guys just asking kung anung mas magandang tunog dyan at mas matibay,thanks sa infos....

Offline cymor

Re: Paiste o Zildjian cymbals?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:43:20 PM »
maganda naman po cla both....

Im currently using Paiste...ung 101 Brass po na set...7500php po bili ko

..compare it with the Planet Z of Zildjian....mas maganda para sken ung tunog nung sa Paiste 101..weee

i compared them ksi same naman ata sila ng rank...tama po b?
"No crab shall witness my downfall for I will always be victorious" - aaroncymor

Offline alvin_11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 07:34:47 PM »
pare, mas matibay and mas maganda nga tunog ng paiste 101 kesa planet Z..pero kung mga high end naman ang paguusapan.., i'll go for the zildjian.. :-D
alvin.

Offline glynminded

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:07:44 PM »
When talking about low-end... mas ok ang Paiste kasi panalo na ung tunog niya compared sa low-end ng Zildjian, and cheaper too!

When talking about Mid-level cymbals, Both are good but Paiste is much cheaper

When talking about High-end, hmmmm.... mahirap nang mamili kasi both are really good brands with very good sound quality... but Paiste is more expensive!

in the end... the only advice I can give you is... Its up to your ears. and your wallet I guess...
I didn\'t know you can watch dreams in a theater?!

Offline blackhawk7a

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 08:47:25 PM »
san po ba nakakabili ng Paiste?????????

Offline revelaxionz09

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 08:53:07 PM »
audiophile bro.

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 01:16:35 AM »
Ahh...  Another cymbal comparison discussion...  Hehe...  :-D

Anyway, I guess most of us are already aware of Zildjians.  Regarding Paistes...  Well, compared to Zildjians and Sabians, which are essentially Turkish-style cymbals, Paistes are somehow the archetypal Euro-style cymbal.  For technical info about Euro-style cymbals (also known as sheet bronze cymbals or B8 cymbals, click this link from Sabian for some technical info --- http://sabian.com/english/Questions/Twelve.cfm).

I always thought that most of Paiste's cymbals are more into the brighter, cutting, and more metallic side of the sound spectrum.  Which is why a lot of rock and metal drummers favor them.  I listen to the old recordings of Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Stone Temple Pilots, AC/DC, U2, The Police...  The Paistes' sounds are really dominant.  So I always thought that most Paistes work well with heavy, amplified music.

But some Paistes work well too with lighter musical styles.  They also have a reputable line-up of artists (http://www.paiste.com/artists/).

In recent years, Paiste has been exploring the darker side of the cymbal sound spectrum.  They recently came out with the new Twenty Series.  These cymbals were made of blanks of B20 cymbal alloy, which were made in Turkey by a veteran cymbalsmith in accordance with centuries-old hand-crafting techniques.  Then, the blanks were shipped to Paiste's Swiss factory, where they finish it with the help of technology.

I have the impression that Paiste, just like most products from Europe, are very classy cymbals.  This can be a con to many of us, because Paistes are more expensive in general.  Which is why I kinda understand why Audiophile may be reluctant to ship in a lot of their mid-level and high-end lines.

Some of its pros...  Paiste, just like the two other major cymbal makers, is also known for their cymbal-making innovations.  Design-wise, they look cool.  There are so many lines and models available, covering every particular musical style, level, or budget.  Sound-wise, just like the other cymbal companies, Paiste also has a lot of unique and great-sounding cymbals.  It's all up to the drummer's taste and preferences.

Trivia...  Do you guys know that Paiste is an Estonian/Finnish word, which means "shine"?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:08:00 PM by drumster »

Offline ushuaia

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 01:53:05 PM »
paiste used b20 alloy before,called 602 series. i really think zildjian and sabian are misleading people by saying that b8,b12,etc alloys are not as good as b20 alloys,which they discovered. look at paiste,meinl etc those cymbals sounds amazing without using b20s. i believe its the process not the alloy.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:12:01 PM by ushuaia »

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 02:24:31 PM »

Trivia...  Do you guys know that Paiste is an Estonian/Finnish word, which means "shine"?

Adding to this trivia...  Paiste is also the surname of its founder, Toomas Paiste.  Here's some Paiste History 101 from their website --- http://www.paiste.com/aboutus/paistehistory.php .

paiste used b20 alloy before,called 602 series. i really think zildjian and sabian are misleading people by saying that b8,b12,etc alloys are not as good as b20 alloys,which they discovered. look at paiste,meinl etc those cymbals sounds amazing without using b20s. i believe its the process not the alloy.

I have to agree with this.  It's all marketing and competition.  Younger, novice drummers often fall to these.  That's why research is important.  Let our ears be the judge as well.  8-)

Offline jetskie

ZILDJIANS & PAISTE
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 02:22:16 AM »
SHORT SURVEY LANG PO...

The church currently has the PAISTE metal edge... after using it for about 2 years, we are slowly finding it too loud for our taste. I think it was meant for band set-ups that have players far apart from each other... deafening  in close proximities....We are now looking to replace them with moderate ones. Our budget cannot afford brand new ones so I have to resort to the aftermarket.. thanks to Philmusic.com,

May I can hear your objective opinions. Atleast I know it will be based on preference, rather than a sales-biased opinion....  you may state your reasons why you prefer one, without having to bash the other... so evrything based on experience...
So here are my queries.

What is the equivalent/ counterpart of the following Zildjians to Paiste in terms of performance level:

ZBT
ZHT
ZXT
A custom
Avedis

I have seen how good Avedis' are, particularly the hats and rides. (many like the A and K customs, but they're out of budget's reach). Now I am curious about PAISTE PST 5 and 8..how are they? How about the ALPHAs, where distributor's claim it is higher than the PSTs...

Which ones is good for a variety of genres, considering that church music is as varied as they are today?

=) post away...

Offline popo_machine

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: ZILDJIANS & PAISTE
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 04:02:36 PM »
I'm planning to sell my paiste pst3 hi-hats 13" and ride 20". sa tingin nyo po magkano ko kaya siya ibebenta?

Offline lupin

• Netizen Level
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »
SHORT SURVEY LANG PO...

The church currently has the PAISTE metal edge... after using it for about 2 years, we are slowly finding it too loud for our taste. I think it was meant for band set-ups that have players far apart from each other... deafening  in close proximities....We are now looking to replace them with moderate ones. Our budget cannot afford brand new ones so I have to resort to the aftermarket.. thanks to Philmusic.com,

May I can hear your objective opinions. Atleast I know it will be based on preference, rather than a sales-biased opinion....  you may state your reasons why you prefer one, without having to bash the other... so evrything based on experience...
So here are my queries.

What is the equivalent/ counterpart of the following Zildjians to Paiste in terms of performance level:

ZBT
ZHT
ZXT
A custom
Avedis

I have seen how good Avedis' are, particularly the hats and rides. (many like the A and K customs, but they're out of budget's reach). Now I am curious about PAISTE PST 5 and 8..how are they? How about the ALPHAs, where distributor's claim it is higher than the PSTs...

Which ones is good for a variety of genres, considering that church music is as varied as they are today?

=) post away...

Sir, I think the sound of the cymbals still depends on the user's taste. We can use any type of cymbals for church use and depending the style as well. Some church play gospel music and some play a bit of rock genre like planetshakers. It depends on the genre of the band. In terms of loudness, your playing should also vary to the place and size of location. You should try to control your intensity if you are palying in small places. Just my idea...  :-D

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 10:27:02 AM »
I used them both as crash,,,  left is ZILDJIAN AVEDIS(warm and long sustain),
                                               right is PAISTE 101 (bright and short sustain).

Its a drummer reference: cymbals should compliment to each other. 8-)

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »

eto pang-church use 8-)