hulika

Author Topic: Mamma Mia soundtrack #3 on the charts  (Read 2728 times)

Offline brdwaybeauty

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Mamma Mia soundtrack #3 on the charts
« on: July 26, 2008, 06:36:58 AM »
Who else has heard it? I did a couple weeks ago through a friend at my UMGD internship and I've been hooked on it since! I'm a huge ABBA fan, actually the movie and soundtrack have been going through their back catalogue lately, you can take a look over here. Enjoy, talk to you all later!

Amber

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Mamma Mia soundtrack #3 on the charts
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:54:15 PM »
And the Universal Music Group forum spammers are back! O ayan, halina mga tita mag mamma mia na tayohh! tarush!!!
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline coolvoice

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 06:25:02 AM »
 :lol:

galing mo sir jim!!

Offline aria

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »
anong songs ang meron ito?

reycantong

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »
for me, medyo pilit lang ibang singers kasi actors naman sila in the first place. hindi todo galing na singers like the cast of dreamgirls. medyo di maganda ang mix. pero at least naka metro ang mga songs  :-D

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 03:34:33 PM »
for me, medyo pilit lang ibang singers kasi actors naman sila in the first place. hindi todo galing na singers like the cast of dreamgirls. medyo di maganda ang mix. pero at least naka metro ang mga songs  :-D

I think it was done on purpose since the musical is really a comedy, when they sang the songs of Abba in the story, it was almost done in jest. They were just having fun. It would not have the same happy and fun effect if they hired professional singers. My aunt treated me & my Dad to free tickets of this musical in Broadway when we had our vacation 2 yrs ago. since she saw it several times already  and like it very much. Had some laughs with it. The movie was also fun because of Meryll Streep I should say, and patawa kung kumanta si Pierce Brosnan.hehe.

Pang erpats at ermats talaga eto so I also brought my Mom to the movie since maka-Abba talaga siya since my childhood.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:43:44 PM by skywalker »

Offline gracev15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »
For me, they did well too ..though it's awkward to watch and hear Pierce and Meryl singing SOS , Slipping Through my fingers & The Winner Takes it all.

But Does Your Mother Know by Christine Baranski & Take a Chance on me by Julie Walters served for fun and humor in this movie.