hulika

Author Topic: lets talk....EFFECT PEDALS  (Read 11660 times)

Offline sainai

• Philmusicus Noobitus
lets talk....EFFECT PEDALS
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 01:15:24 PM »
what do you say about Boss OD-20?

Offline markflo

UPDATE: RC Booster Review
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 02:54:25 AM »
So anyway, last sunday was my first chance to try my new Xotic RC Booster onstage. Here's my setup:

Guitar --->Crybaby Classic--->RC Booster---Tuner--->Chorus
                                                                         --->OD's

blah blah blah...you get my drift...

having the rc booster at the beginning of the chain instead of after served more as a gain boost rather than a volume boost (at least when used in conjunction with the OD pedals)...i couldn't really say if it sounded better or anything since i love the sound of my od pedals already...i didn't notice much tone change since the rc boost was so transparent...

with the clean channel though, it's a totally different story...my clean tone is pretty good already...nice and chimey...when i kicked in the rc boost though...it sounded like my amp was cranked ...it was overdriving my output tubes but without really distorting it...so all i got was this big massive clean tone  with a hint of natural tube breakup...it was very transparent...i tried cranking my amp up one time...and this sound just like it, but at lower volumes...(well, not that low)

so, having said that...

i give it "MARKFLO'S SEAL OF EXELLENCE"

good job Xotic, good job....

BWAHAHA!!!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline markflo

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 06:15:30 AM »
[gooey brown stuff]...now i'm gassing for a sansamp gt2 and an xotic bb preamp....demmit!...minor gas lang naman...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2006, 06:56:25 AM »
right now im wanting a wah probe :(
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: UPDATE: RC Booster Review
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2006, 10:38:21 AM »
Quote from: markflo
So anyway, last sunday was my first chance to try my new Xotic RC Booster onstage. Here's my setup:

Guitar --->Crybaby Classic--->RC Booster---Tuner--->Chorus
                                                                         --->OD's

blah blah blah...you get my drift...

having the rc booster at the beginning of the chain instead of after served more as a gain boost rather than a volume boost (at least when used in conjunction with the OD pedals)...i couldn't really say if it sounded better or anything since i love the sound of my od pedals already...i didn't notice much tone change since the rc boost was so transparent...

with the clean channel though, it's a totally different story...my clean tone is pretty good already...nice and chimey...when i kicked in the rc boost though...it sounded like my amp was cranked ...it was overdriving my output tubes but without really distorting it...so all i got was this big massive clean tone  with a hint of natural tube breakup...it was very transparent...i tried cranking my amp up one time...and this sound just like it, but at lower volumes...(well, not that low)

so, having said that...

i give it "MARKFLO'S SEAL OF EXELLENCE"

good job Xotic, good job....

BWAHAHA!!!

There you go, folks. MARK'S SEAL OF EXELLENCE. What more can you ask for, hehe.

Meng, Chorus before OD? Maayos bang tunog?

Offline markflo

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »
ah deyns men! naka split yung chorus ko sa od ko...tinamad lang ako ielaborate...hehehe

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2006, 02:31:16 PM »
Quote from: markflo
ah deyns men! naka split yung chorus ko sa od ko...tinamad lang ako ielaborate...hehehe

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline markflo

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2006, 07:28:05 AM »
Xotic Robotalk - Markflo's seal of excellence...demmit! i want one!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2006, 11:04:45 AM »
ang mahal nung Robotalk hehe
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2006, 12:04:15 PM »
anybody tried the BBE Green Screamer?

...looking for an overdrive pedal in front of a clean amp and also as a gain booster in the dirty channel.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Phil
yeah those pedals by Damage Control USA are awesome...especially if you have a solid state amp.

Man! i want one of those damage control pedals....i am a solid state user (i cant afford tube amps) if this is true....i really need to have one hahaha
....and this world...will be shaken by a whisper...

Massacridia at Youtube!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2006, 09:50:55 PM »
saw one at tom lee...demonizer and womanizer HK$3000plus :roll: . Big, huge and clumsy and a waste of real estate 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2006, 10:09:51 PM »
Quote from: polarized06
Quote from: Phil
yeah those pedals by Damage Control USA are awesome...especially if you have a solid state amp.

Man! i want one of those damage control pedals....i am a solid state user (i cant afford tube amps) if this is true....i really need to have one hahaha

sa price ng Damage Control pedals, might as well save up for a Tube amp... konti na lang makakabili ka na ng Peavey Classic na 2nd hand, pushing it even further, 5150 combo na 2nd hand na rin.

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »
Quote from: pallas
saw one at tom lee...demonizer and womanizer HK$3000plus :roll: . Big, huge and clumsy and a waste of real estate 8)

wow. ang mahal pala nun.  :shock:

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2006, 10:29:40 PM »
Quote from: CARABAO
Quote from: pallas

wow. ang mahal pala nun.  :shock:

each pre :lol:

Offline bunny rabbit

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2006, 10:34:54 PM »
Guys I need help. I currently have a Boss DS2 and I'm planning to get a GE7 and a BCB-3 (just like the bcb6 but with space for 3 stomps only). What do you suggest that I get next? I want to have a setup with a wide range of tones since i'm just starting out. You know, finding my sound... I just want to have a 3 pedal setup. The DS2, the GE7 and another one. Hehe.. Para iwas GAS na rin coz three peds lang kasya sa BCB-3. Any suggestions? Thanks! Peace!
girls like guys with fast fingers...

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2006, 10:35:06 PM »
VOX ToneLab SE for me kung multi effect lang pag uusapan... it offers the basic effects which are all usesable lamang lang ng POD and BOSS is may mga extra effects or wierd sounding effects which i dunno kung magagamit mo unless ikaw si Steve Via...pro sana nilagyan nila ng graphic EQ para ayus na ayus...anyways this thing sounded more analog than digital
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2006, 10:49:17 PM »
Quote from: bunny rabbit
Guys I need help. I currently have a Boss DS2 and I'm planning to get a GE7 and a BCB-3 (just like the bcb6 but with space for 3 stomps only). What do you suggest that I get next? I want to have a setup with a wide range of tones since i'm just starting out. You know, finding my sound... I just want to have a 3 pedal setup. The DS2, the GE7 and another one. Hehe.. Para iwas GAS na rin coz three peds lang kasya sa BCB-3. Any suggestions? Thanks! Peace!

get a delay :) or a boss rv3. para reverb/delay na.hehe :) kung wala jan sa dalawa, get a chorus or a phaser, dpende sa kelangan mo :) ano tugtugan mo?

Offline bunny rabbit

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2006, 10:57:51 PM »
Quote from: CARABAO
Quote from: bunny rabbit

get a delay :) or a boss rv3. para reverb/delay na.hehe :) kung wala jan sa dalawa, get a chorus or a phaser, dpende sa kelangan mo :) ano tugtugan mo?

Right now, puro Offspring at No Use For a Name pinakikinggan ko. Minsan naman Lustra, Tsunami Bomb, Stiff Little Fingers, Dropkick Murphys.
girls like guys with fast fingers...