hulika

Author Topic: Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far  (Read 37748 times)

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 11:40:55 AM »
Quote from: markflo
...ayaw...

jack en poy na nga lang tayo.. :lol:
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 11:44:40 AM »
d nman nmin sya inaaway eh. masyado lang sya mayabang, heheheh...

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 08:30:31 PM »
Deltaslim,

Bagay nga sa iyo wireless dahil may dating ka naman sa stage. :D  But you are right na overkill ang wireless sa bahay and rigid cords are troublesome if you have kids in the house.

Kung may practice kayo ni Arie, nasa kanya ang Two Rock.  Actually mas siya ang nababaliw kaysa sa akin.  Try it out.  It is NOTHING at all like George Ls.  Hindi ito parang tone control.  Rather parang full spectrum signal -- naging mas rich ang gitara --  there is something unique that the Two Rock adds that effects themselves cannot add.  And I stand by that.  It has a characteristic that is worth it.  Do not just dismiss it until you try it out.  Ako nga panay duda, nang dumating lang kagabi ko talagang naintindihan.

By the way, I checked out the place where you guys plan to gig on May 6.  We are planning to configure the Herbert and the SLO100.  Herbert is undergoing 220 volt conversion now with Lito.  Dont worry parehong clean channel lang ang gagamitin so both amps should have plenty of headroom for clean blues.  Ikaw, anong dadalhin mong amp?

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »
Ag3nt at Markflo,

Mayabang ba ako dahil wala kayong pera bumili ng P6,500 na cable o dahil hindi niyo pa lang nasusubukan?  Dahil walang problema sa akin.  Kayo ang may problema.  Ang hindi tama sa inyo ay naninira kayo ng tao at sinasabihan niyo na mayabang pero hindi niyo pa nasubukan ang pinaguusapan na guitar cable.

Hindi ko naman pinilit sa inyo ang cable.  Hindi ko nga ininsulto ang cable niyo.  Sinabi ko nga na para sa style ko, talagang malaki ang naidudulot ng produkto.  Masama ba purihin ang magandang produkto na gawa ng mga talentong tao ng Two Rock?  O hangang Larry Dimarzio na cable lang ang nasubukan niyo at tingin niyo na doon na natapos.  Sa totoo lang, i-shoot out ko sana ang Two Rock laban sa Analysis PRO STUDIO Guitar Cable na P16,000 per 10 feet.  Hindi lang nga umabot.

Kayo ang pikon at hindi ako mayabang.  Sa mga ibang thread markflo ang Laney mo ang pinagmamalaki ko at hindi naman kita sinabihan na mayabang sa thread mo.  Hindi ko nga ininsulto ang Laney mo.  Bakit?  Kasi, I acknowledge that the Laney might have something unique. Ikaw, hindi mo pa nasubukan ang Two Rock guitar cable, ginamit mo bilang character assassination laban sa akin.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 09:12:07 PM »
come on guys, give Oas a break :) ..nagshashare lang sya ng personal reviews about his new gear acquisition...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2006, 09:46:04 PM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Deltaslim,

Bagay nga sa iyo wireless dahil may dating ka naman sa stage. :D  But you are right na overkill ang wireless sa bahay and rigid cords are troublesome if you have kids in the house.

Kung may practice kayo ni Arie, nasa kanya ang Two Rock.  Actually mas siya ang nababaliw kaysa sa akin.  Try it out.  It is NOTHING at all like George Ls.  Hindi ito parang tone control.  Rather parang full spectrum signal -- naging mas rich ang gitara --  there is something unique that the Two Rock adds that effects themselves cannot add.  And I stand by that.  It has a characteristic that is worth it.  Do not just dismiss it until you try it out.  Ako nga panay duda, nang dumating lang kagabi ko talagang naintindihan.

By the way, I checked out the place where you guys plan to gig on May 6.  We are planning to configure the Herbert and the SLO100.  Herbert is undergoing 220 volt conversion now with Lito.  Dont worry parehong clean channel lang ang gagamitin so both amps should have plenty of headroom for clean blues.  Ikaw, anong dadalhin mong amp?

Uy, may dating ba ako sa stage? Tnk u ha... pero teka, brokeback na to!

Oas - Di ko naman dini-dismiss ang Two Rock mo. And I didn't compare it w/ George L's, I only related my experience (which actually reinforced your point, you know). Ang akin lang, mas importante ang mga ibang properties ng cable (ie, physical properties), not just tonal fidelity. It's a compromise.

Sarap naman nyo... naka bowteek amps kayo...  Dual amp setup pa ata yang balak nyo.  As usual, gagamitin ko kung ano man ang meron dun, malamang yung P10k Royale pa rin ni Zann, kung dala nya.  

O, yayain mo yung mga naysayers na pakinggan ng personal yang amps mo, para marami manood.  Hehe... :-)

Offline markflo

Re: Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 11:36:13 PM »
okay...let's compare...

unlike you...i don't equate price with quality...and i don't go around telling people how MUCH i paid for my gear...

unlike you...i don't say my gear is the best and diss "current production" gear.

unlike you...pogi ako...hehehe (uy joke joke joke lang to ha?)

just like you...malaki din tiyan ko...bwahahaha

dude...i can buy those cables...believe me... $100+ cables are no big deal here...question is...WHY buy them? ano ako eng eng? konti nalang makakabili nako ng xotic robotalk...

anyway...about my laney...i'm damn proud of that amp...i even posted clips of it...and the only time i mentioned the price was when i was telling everybody how much i SAVED on it...not how much money i spent for it......and it's open to your comments too...but perhaps you can provide us all with a sound clip as well...
all i did was use my cheapy pc mic and windows sound recorder to record it......perhaps you can do the same...hey! you can even use them two rock thingamajigs...

enjoy your cables! :)
man oh man...how y'all doin'?

here's a clip of the new amp that i got. sorry i couldn't post one earlier...had some hum problems...anyway, i got this amp second hand for less than half it's brand new price...so that's a good thing...heheh...

anyway...this amp, even if it's only been with me for 2 weeks or less has put me thru a LOT OF [gooey brown stuff]...only to find that the solution was such a simple tweak of a knob...oh well...just goes to show how little experience i have with laney amps...it sounds great now, for me at least...

so changed the preamp and power tubes...had it rebiased...blah blah blah...

so here's it is...

NO HUM!!! hehehe...enjoy!

I just got my 8 foot Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable.  It cost a whooping P6,500.  I compared it to my chopped up Klotz La Grange 10 foot cable which by the way is available at Audiophile and worth it for the price.

I really did not believe that Guitar Cables mattered much until I had tried George Ls, Apogee and the Klotz.   But Two Rock, at least up to this point in time, lives up to the hype.  My Clean sound is just clearer but not sterile.  Parang nabuhay ang clean sound ng gitara ko.  Plus, there is now much added dimension in the sound.  My Overdrive sound just got meaner, as if nadagdagan ng overdrive/distortion -- maybe because more signal is hitting the amp's front end.  

For me, it was money well spent.  A word of caution, this only works for me because I plug straight into my amps.  But... if you have tons of effects on your pedal board and love multiFX, it might not matter much.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 02:16:25 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim

Iba na talaga ang audiohphile na guitarista... mapili!  ;-)

Maarte kamo...  Hehehehe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2006, 06:38:44 AM »
Generally, markflo is correct when I equate price with quality.  Like anything in the world, the best things really cost a lot and I SAVE for them because that is how committed I am to tone/timbre.  However, that being said, I believe you can still enjoy what you have and get the best tone out of it. Pero keep in mind that there are still better stuff out there.

I have never said that my gear is the best.  I keep on saying kulang pa nga.  And I always say at this point in time.  But lets be straight about this, I will never tolerate anybody saying a Hot Cabs will beat a Soldano or a Santa Mesa Guitar will beat a Tokai because it is not true on the same set of player's hands.  

The whole point of having to review the Two Rock Cable is that there is not much information about its performance on the web.  We have a slew of information on George Ls, DiMarzio, etc. but nothing on Two Rock. I put in the money and gambled to try it and based on my initial assessment of 4 hours it is a superb cable.  If it can improve the sound going into my Soldano straight jack then I say so.  Right now, Arie is extensively testing and loving it.  In fact straight jack into a good solid state amp, it even performs better.  I believe as of yesterday Arie has already allowed several people to hear and test the cable because even if you guys think I am an opinionated bastard, I immediately have the gear assessed by others.

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 06:46:59 AM »
Mr. Oasgomez, where do you usually play? I wanna go to your gigs so i can check out your stuff and hear you play.

Offline markflo

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »
However, that being said, I believe you can still enjoy what you have and get the best tone out of it. Pero keep in mind that there are still better stuff out there.

that's all i wanted to hear...posts like these won't get you flamed...now we can have a productive conversation...

so...oas, can you get that same quality without shelling $125 bucks? or whatever the price is?

since i use alot of pedals, i normally use george l's coz they tend to maintain the treble on your tone...

what about them fulltone cables? they look pretty sweet...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 07:20:12 AM »
I dont actually care about getting flamed because everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Ano lang talaga, nakakaiba ang two rock.  I was not expecting this much improvement.  Iba ang dinadagdag.  More of sound characteristic rather than frequency response. I have not yet discovered something cheaper which can deliver the same characteristic.  Akala ko initially kaya ng KLOTZ which is now readily availalable here locally sa Audiophile.  Pero iba pa rin.

Hindi ko pa talaga nasubukan ang Fulltone.  You are in a better position than I to try.

Offline markflo

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 07:22:23 AM »
i see...well, good for you then... :)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 07:33:41 AM »
haaaaaaaay.... salamaaaaat.....  ganito ba mag-group ang mga malaki tiyan?

:lol:   joke lang po!  peace y'all!

Offline enricodedios

Re: Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 07:38:36 AM »
I just got my 8 foot Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable.  It cost a whooping P6,500.  I compared it to my chopped up Klotz La Grange 10 foot cable which by the way is available at Audiophile and worth it for the price.

I really did not believe that Guitar Cables mattered much until I had tried George Ls, Apogee and the Klotz.   But Two Rock, at least up to this point in time, lives up to the hype.  My Clean sound is just clearer but not sterile.  Parang nabuhay ang clean sound ng gitara ko.  Plus, there is now much added dimension in the sound.  My Overdrive sound just got meaner, as if nadagdagan ng overdrive/distortion -- maybe because more signal is hitting the amp's front end.  

For me, it was money well spent.  A word of caution, this only works for me because I plug straight into my amps.  But... if you have tons of effects on your pedal board and love multiFX, it might not matter much.

Try ko nga yan pag meron akong nakita hihihi.... Sana wag kayong mayabangan  sa akin okay... P E A C E ! ! ! Currently I am using planet wave cable yung may switch off or circuit breaker...

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 07:46:54 AM »

We got a bit of Brokeback action goin on there... Hehehe...

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2006, 09:11:02 AM »
Quote from: Machine_Head
Mr. Oasgomez, where do you usually play? I wanna go to your gigs so i can check out your stuff and hear you play.

oo nga, sama ako.. nang makilatis ang equipment ni oasgomez at marinig na rin kung paano sya tumugtog.

siguro kapag sa wembley stadium nako tumutugtog, in front of 50,000 screaming fans, gagamit nako ng ganyan kamahal na cable.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2006, 11:59:19 AM »
wow! another one of these threads? ah, wonders never cease.

personally, i think as long as you use good quality cables, you should be OK. signal degradation really does happen with bad cables; i've had it happen to me before i switched to using Monster, George L's and Mogami. Those three work well for me and they are robust for anything as far as gigs go. I've heard of Two Rock cables but the upwards price of the cables just makes me think twice - I mean, 200 dollars for 15 feet of guitar cable? 40-70 for Monsters is doable, and a bit more for Mogami is alright, but 200? Some things just get silly. Besides, your signal would have to be low impedance to make use of the cables anyway. Plus, I am a pedal-phile - no, not a pedophile - a pedal-phile so good cables are pretty much a necessity. i will draw the line at Mogami's - they are expensive but affordable in terms of infrequent purchaes.

Planet Waves stuff sound good too AND they have those lock things on them. very useful. John Petrucci's amp and effects rack is wired with Planet Waves cables, in case anybody wants to know.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »

We got a bit of Brokeback action goin on there... Hehehe...

haha... may kamukha pa ni Kenny Rogers dun sa nag-brokeback na matataba na yan e hehehe
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 01:28:57 PM »
hehehe ikaw lang naman ang nagpopost dito na pati presyo ng binili eh kasama pa, wala namang nagtatanong kung magkano bili mo, yan ang pagyayabang.  :lol: ganyan ka ba talaga since childhood?

akala mo siguro gagaling ka dahil sa mamahaling gamit mo. di magiimprove performance mo sa pagbili mo nyan.

Sa totoo lang, i-shoot out ko sana ang Two Rock laban sa Analysis PRO STUDIO Guitar Cable na P16,000 per 10 feet. Hindi lang nga umabot.

grabe yabang talaga. tsk tsk tsk.

Kayo ang pikon at hindi ako mayabang. Sa mga ibang thread markflo ang Laney mo ang pinagmamalaki ko at hindi naman kita sinabihan na mayabang sa thread mo. Hindi ko nga ininsulto ang Laney mo. Bakit? Kasi, I acknowledge that the Laney might have something unique. Ikaw, hindi mo pa nasubukan ang Two Rock guitar cable, ginamit mo bilang character assassination laban sa akin.

:lol: kaya hindi mo sinabing mayabang sya kasi mas mahal yung amp mo, pero sigurado kung mas mahal amp ni markflo sasabihan mo ring mayabang. di ka kasi papatalo eh. at isa pa, di kami pikon. natatawa lang kami sa pagyayabang mo.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2006, 02:03:44 PM »
let there be peace! hehe :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2006, 02:18:14 PM »
Quote from: VenusIsle_5150
let there be peace! hehe :)

onga, +1.... nakakasawa yung awayan na wala namang info na pinagtatalunan e.  parang trolling na e.  kung magaaway rin lang, sana yung meron substantive argument sa points of discussion, di lang basta personal na pintas ng tao.  nasasayang yung mga thread e.  

kung nayayabangan kayo, e di yabangan nyo rin ng mga alam, galing, or ano mang bagay na lamang nyo. may kanya kanya tayong opinion, kaalaman, at galing mga bro.  di naman ito contest e.

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2006, 04:37:12 PM »
Quote from: kawal

oo nga, sama ako.. nang makilatis ang equipment ni oasgomez at marinig na rin kung paano sya tumugtog.

siguro kapag sa wembley stadium nako tumutugtog, in front of 50,000 screaming fans, gagamit nako ng ganyan kamahal na cable.

When can i catch you live mr. oasgomez? And if its ok, can i plug my guitar to your cable and amp? Im just curious how big of a difference it makes coz i have no experience with expensive gears.. :D

Peace!

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2006, 08:23:10 PM »
Ag3nt,

I really post the price to make people like you who do nothing but insult others feel bad.  Just to prove to you na nasa baba ka ng signal chain.  Sige nga, ang lakas mo mag insulto, anong cable mo?

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2006, 08:25:45 PM »
Abyss,

You already spent on a US$4,400 Diezel VH4S.  Why dont you try out a Two Rock cable?  US$120 -- not even 3% of the cost of your Diezel.  Until you try it out, dont assume you have drawn the line on Mogami.