hulika

Author Topic: I NEED YOUR EARS!!! THE ACID TEST - Mastering Shootout  (Read 19417 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: I NEED YOUR EARS!!! THE ACID TEST - Mastering Shootout
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »

now i get your point, BUT the question is ... why boost the low mids ... can't the mastering engineer do that too?  it would be nice to have a mastering engineer in the forum wouldn't it?  must we really send muddy/warm mixes to you guys so you have a decent amount of buffer to work with?  am i being naive to think that a mastering engineer does not have a fixed template for all the mixes that fall on his lap?  say your mix is warm and mine is shrill, would he not treat our tracks differently?

There is a huge difference between adding low mids during the tracking process + adding mids to the individual track busses AND leaving everything flat and eventually adding mids in the final mix.  Mastering engineers tend to compress 2-bus mixdowns with much concentration on the upper mids.  From my experience, adding mids in the "mastering" process just adds boominess.  And I still hear much separation with the tracks.  I'm talking ITB (In the Box) mixing here...

i personally have a problem with the low mids and i find that BOOSTING it alone is not the solution (now i am only talking about MY recording system).  i am still searching for some way to get that kind of analog warmth ever present in mr angee's work.  it probably will take a very very long time or a lot of DSP power.  but im placing my bet on technology.  it won't be many years from now i think. 

i don't get that whole 2k is the new 10k thing sorry. 

During the days of analog, engineers noticed that signals tend to be a bit lossy around the treble area, or more of the 10KHz area.  So in order to compensate for the losses once signals have been recorded, they purposely boost treble in the signals before they hit tape.  Digital on the other hand is very different.  It is very conservative with treble frequencies, but very dull and thin around the 2KHz area (where the music really stands out.)  So now, as an engineer, how can you track in anticipation of the dullness of a digital recording when there is a healthy supply of highs and a lack of compression on the mids, particularly around 2KHz?

to compliment your attention to the low-mid frequencies, i do like the chugga chugga guitars in the stanza parts.  master 3 took out that mid-range edge on the guitars and made it gentler to the ears.  but the bass was almost totally cancelled out, thanks to the stereo enhancement.  why? the bass was too low or indistinct to begin with.  you can hardly make out the notes even on masters1 and 2.  perhaps it would be a good way to bring out the low/low-mids mids via the bass guitar as well? 

anyway, these are just suggestions.  i don't claim to be master of anything here.  just going by what i hear. 

good luck and have fun with it :)

The bass player wants more body than treble, and a bit subdued.  And from what you're saying I think the mix we did was right.  We had previous mixes where the drums sounded more separated and the bass having more presence in the mix (as in rinig ang string clicks) and the band did not want that.  So it appeared to me that they wanted a more garage, lo-fi, boomy, sound to it with searing fat rhythm guitars.  (Did I just describe '90s grunge and alternative?)  With abyss' comment on it sounding quite '90s underground Seattle grunge, I think we got the vibe perfectly. 

Try listening to Dinosaur Jr, some old Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc.  There is much an emphasis on low mids... 

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2007, 12:10:12 AM »

i personally have a problem with the low mids and i find that BOOSTING it alone is not the solution (now i am only talking about MY recording system).  i am still searching for some way to get that kind of analog warmth ever present in mr angee's work.  it probably will take a very very long time or a lot of DSP power.  but im placing my bet on technology.  it won't be many years from now i think. 

During the days of analog, engineers noticed that signals tend to be a bit lossy around the treble area, or more of the 10KHz area.  So in order to compensate for the losses once signals have been recorded, they purposely boost treble in the signals before they hit tape.  Digital on the other hand is very different.  It is very conservative with treble frequencies, but very dull and thin around the 2KHz area (where the music really stands out.)  So now, as an engineer, how can you track in anticipation of the dullness of a digital recording when there is a healthy supply of highs and a lack of compression on the mids, particularly around 2KHz?

to compliment your attention to the low-mid frequencies, i do like the chugga chugga guitars in the stanza parts.  master 3 took out that mid-range edge on the guitars and made it gentler to the ears.  but the bass was almost totally cancelled out, thanks to the stereo enhancement.  why? the bass was too low or indistinct to begin with.  you can hardly make out the notes even on masters1 and 2.  perhaps it would be a good way to bring out the low/low-mids mids via the bass guitar as well? 

anyway, these are just suggestions.  i don't claim to be master of anything here.  just going by what i hear. 

The bass player wants more body than treble, and a bit subdued.  And from what you're saying I think the mix we did was right.  We had previous mixes where the drums sounded more separated and the bass having more presence in the mix (as in rinig ang string clicks) and the band did not want that.  So it appeared to me that they wanted a more garage, lo-fi, boomy, sound to it with searing fat rhythm guitars.  (Did I just describe '90s grunge and alternative?)  With abyss' comment on it sounding quite '90s underground Seattle grunge, I think we got the vibe perfectly. 

Try listening to Dinosaur Jr, some old Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc.  There is much an emphasis on low mids... 

hmmm.  you're perfectly right about the 2k thing.  that's one approach that i can test myself, see if there is a workaround during the tracking stage.

as for the bass and all, whatever rocks your (or the band's) boat.  i've been listening to a lot of angee's work (i am admittedly a fan), and he is able to perfectly achive that oh so round,  unobtrusive tone on the bass.  i know, angee's on analog.  this is a term i picked up from our dear forumite and friend, shinji tanaka.  the word "markado".  we were listening to a foreign mix and he commented about how the kick drum had that full round tone to it without the mid/hi boost but still able to cut through a mix.  i think that's what i was looking for in the song.  markadong bass.  IncX had the same comment more or less about the bass guitar too. 

anyhow,  what's left for me or anyone else to say if you think you've got the vibe perfectly anyway?  congratulations, i guess.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:28:59 AM by starfugger »
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »

hmmm.  you're perfectly right about the 2k thing.  that's one approach that i can test myself, see if there is a workaround during the tracking stage.

as for the bass and all, whatever rocks your (or the band's) boat.  i've been listening to a lot of angee's work (i am admittedly a fan), and he is able to perfectly achive that oh so round,  unobtrusive tone on the bass.  i know, angee's on analog.  this is a term i picked up from our dear forumite and friend, shinji tanaka.  the word "markado".  we were listening to a foreign mix and he commented about how the kick drum had that full round tone to it without the mid/hi boost but still able to cut through a mix.  i think that's what i was looking for in the song.  markadong bass.  IncX had the same comment more or less about the bass guitar too. 

anyhow,  what's left for me or anyone else to say if you think you've got the vibe perfectly anyway?  congratulations, i guess.

You know, the bass guitar used in this track in itself was fat.  Not the woody, scooped Jazz Bass sound.  Not the "bakal" sound either from actives.  I personally wouldn't like a bass to sound inherently fat because I like slap bass, but for the band it was perfect.  One word that the bassplayer always said he wanted.. BODY. 

We fed the bass to my ART Phat Bass Preamp and rolled off a bit of highs, and added a tad more compression before it went to disk. 

I honestly want to approach each client thinking about the least preconceptions.  I won't bother miking up a bass amp with a condenser mic if that can make the most boom they want (think old Cream and Zeppelin).  Others want very punchy and trebley sounds... like Rob Trujillo's sounds with Infectious Grooves - I always tell them get a bass with active pickups...  No can do with a passive bass (in most cases) if you want that glass-shattering treble. 

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2007, 02:15:40 PM »
Oh f---.  I just listened to the 256kbps mp3's vs. the 16-bit dithered final mixes.  HUGE DIFFERENCE.  The mp3's add a lot of boom. Does this derail the test? (Just when I thought higher bitrates can lessen the losses.)

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2007, 02:23:15 PM »
well, i would guess so. subtle differences are bound to get even more subtle when compressed, i guess.

well, mp3, being the 'real world' format, was be a good test too.

============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2007, 11:22:48 PM »
well, i would guess so. subtle differences are bound to get even more subtle when compressed, i guess.

well, mp3, being the 'real world' format, was be a good test too.

Mp3s are notorious for frequency shifts especially if the codec you're using is an old one. Frankly, for a protocol that uses psychoacoustic masking, I wouldn't be surprised if some frequencies get completely lost, especially if you got a great deal of activity in the subsonic range. Some even say that you should master specifically for mp3 as compared to wave. It's been said that ogg vorbis and aac/FLAC has better frequency handling characteristics than mp3, though I've never had the time to really compare. If anyone wants to do a comparison, I suggest using foobar2000 which can readily play those formats (and it's free, too!).
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2007, 08:48:01 PM »
im fortunate my mixes rendered at 192 kbps seem to sound fine. there isnt so much of a frequency shift.  sure there's a bit of quality-loss somewhere but not so much that the difference is HUGE.

if anything the upper frequencies are completely chopped off in mp3's, probably why it sounds boomier than the 16-bit versions.

in any case skunk, the mp3 test is still  valid given that, according to you, they will be playing the stuff from their mp3 players and ipod's.  yeah if they sound boomy as 250kbps  mp3's then maybe you also have to anticipate the quality shift  during mixing, as much as you anticipate things for mastering.  chances are that listeners will even go for lower rates like 192 kbps .. . probably lower.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:00:00 PM by starfugger »
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2007, 11:54:02 AM »
(In order to avoid any biases, I decided to write this thread with all involved entities as anonymous.)

Here we have THREE (3) different masters of the same song.  The original 2-bus mix was in 24-bit/44.1KHz in wav format. , UNPEAKED (max was -3DBFS), no added EQ or compression to the final mix.

TWO of which were mastered by the same person in different fashions, and the other version was mastered by the other.  All of the masters were cut at exactly 3:00 due to piracy issues.  Unfortunately, everything here is in 256kbps mp3 format as you don't wanna download 80+Megs of each wav, right?  (can be an issue, but hey I want this test to be available to anyone).

LINKS:

MASTER 1
MASTER 2
MASTER 3

Once you've downloaded, please answer these questions:

1.  Which Master did you like most?  Why?
2.  Which Master did you like least?  Why?
3.  Which two files were mastered by the same person?  (Sample Answer:  Mix#2 and Mix#3 were done by the same person)
4.  Which of the 3 masters do you think were done in a PROFESSIONAL mastering outfit? (Hint: the 3 masters were rendered from 2 different locations, one location had more expensive equipment than the other.)

There are really no correct answers to this test because as always, different tastes make different judgments.  Oh even the listening environment matters too!

Lend me your ears!  :mrgreen:

skunk voice ni CED to ah??? sina ced, JM, jambs and YAM ba ito?
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2007, 11:57:18 AM »
(In order to avoid any biases, I decided to write this thread with all involved entities as anonymous.)

Here we have THREE (3) different masters of the same song.  The original 2-bus mix was in 24-bit/44.1KHz in wav format. , UNPEAKED (max was -3DBFS), no added EQ or compression to the final mix.

TWO of which were mastered by the same person in different fashions, and the other version was mastered by the other.  All of the masters were cut at exactly 3:00 due to piracy issues.  Unfortunately, everything here is in 256kbps mp3 format as you don't wanna download 80+Megs of each wav, right?  (can be an issue, but hey I want this test to be available to anyone).

LINKS:

MASTER 1
MASTER 2
MASTER 3

3.  Which two files were mastered by the same person?  (Sample Answer:  Mix#2 and Mix#3 were done by the same person)
4.  Which of the 3 masters do you think were done in a PROFESSIONAL mastering outfit? (Hint: the 3 masters were rendered from 2 different locations, one location had more expensive equipment than the other.)

There are really no correct answers to this test because as always, different tastes make different judgments.  Oh even the listening environment matters too!

This post is useless without pics.  :-D

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2007, 12:02:37 PM »

LINKS:

MASTER 1
MASTER 2
MASTER 3

anyway to answer your post. for an untrained ears like mine, i love the definition of master 2, though i only get to compare master 2 and 3 coz the 1st one has expired already. But in general the drum sound seem kinda unbalanced to me.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2007, 12:21:07 PM »

LINKS:

MASTER 1
MASTER 2
MASTER 3

anyway to answer your post. for an untrained ears like mine, i love the definition of master 2, though i only get to compare master 2 and 3 coz the 1st one has expired already. But in general the drum sound seem kinda unbalanced to me.

Fixed the links now.

I did have some ear candy suggestions for the band.  3 mixes to choose from.  One had a very pronounced snare sound, the other more "glam-y" in a sense.  I was surprised they liked the rawest sounding mix.  Maybe it is most representative of their sound?   I've seen these guys twice live and I think the drums sound very MANLY.  :-D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2007, 12:22:56 PM »
Another suggestion.  CRANK UP THE VOLUME.  That's where you hear the details...

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2007, 12:49:40 PM »
One listener's POV:

#1 lacks clarity.
#2 is clear but too loud.
#3 sounds tooooooo clear (the way the hats pop out is a bit irritating)

Compromise... clarity of #2, with the dynamics of #1.

OT.... parang lubog sa mix si Yam... di ramdam yung power niya. Also the drums sound muffled but the guitars sound clear. Mix issue siguro.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2007, 12:54:41 PM »
One listener's POV:

#1 lacks clarity.
#2 is clear but too loud.
#3 sounds tooooooo clear (the way the hats pop out is a bit irritating)

Compromise... clarity of #2, with the dynamics of #1.

OT.... parang lubog sa mix si Yam... di ramdam yung power niya. Also the drums sound muffled but the guitars sound clear. Mix issue siguro.

You can listen to the raw mix if you want...  Ewan ko, but my monitors tell me that the UNMASTERED mix sounds like the drums are in between the guitarists.  I suggested bringing up the snare a bit, added a bit more highs.  Ironically, sabi sa akin ng vocalist, verbatim, "parang lumiit yung snare".  Anyway, maybe they want something drum sounds that are not that huge... but not manipis...  Kinda difficult to explain.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:57:16 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2007, 01:15:17 PM »
try a remix without listening to the clients.  go by what YOU hear.  subukan mo lang.  alam naman natin kung anong maganda at hindi.  minsan masyadong nacocompromise quality pag masyadong nakikinig sa kliyente....

sometimes they want something that is OUT OF context of the mix.  oo, gusto nila ng manly na snare pero muffled in context of the mix.  stuff like that.  gusto ma-body yung guitar pero hindi rin naman asa konteksto.  mahirap din i-explain e.  basta, i think we know what's best according to how we captured the tracks.  minsan kailangan compromise.

sa madaling salita, skunk, kailangan talaga remix.  no point in mastering the tracks pag madaming recording and/or mixing issues.  babalik at babalik din sa mix ang komento ng mga tao dahil it's easy to see that there ARE in fact mix issues according to inigo, and to most of us. 

mahirap masabi talaga na commercial quality yung samples.  honestly, they sound ok as demos.  not as finished products for the market to purchase or to be aired on the radio.  yun lang opinyon ko, sana wag kang magalit sakin.  sa tingin ko kasi mas maayos mo ito sa mixing kesa sa mastering.  gusto ko lang talaga makatulong. 

lahat naman tayo nagkakamali sa trabaho natin.  hindi naman 100% ang batting average natin lagi.  it's ok to admit we make mistakes despite of how hard we try.  MADALAS talaga mahirap lang kunin yung tunog na nasa isip natin at i-translate yon sa mix.  ive heard your other mixes and they sounded better than these samples.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 01:25:03 PM by starfugger »

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2007, 01:25:23 PM »
try a remix without listening to the clients.  go by what YOU hear.  subukan mo lang.  alam naman natin kung anong maganda at hindi.  minsan masyadong nacocompromise quality pag masyadong nakikinig sa kliyente....

sometimes they want something that is OUT OF context of the mix.  oo, gusto nila ng manly na snare pero muffled in context of the mix.  stuff like that.  gusto ma-body yung guitar pero hindi rin naman asa konteksto.  mahirap din i-explain e.  basta, i think we know what's best according to how we captured the tracks.  minsan kailangan compromise.

sa madaling salita, skunk, kailangan talaga remix.  no point in mastering the tracks pag madaming recording and/or mixing issues.  babalik at babalik din sa mix ang komento ng mga tao dahil it's easy to see that there ARE in fact mix issues according to inigo, and to most of us. 

Maybe there should be a part II to this.  Gonna post 3 different masters, one or two of which with the old mix, then the other/s with  the new mix.  Then you point which master/s come from the same mix.  The goal here is to show if it is possible to fix this "mix problem" with mastering.  Because, if it can be fixed, then that means the original mix is ok.  If not, then the real problem is the mix (or maybe the context of the desired mix.)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2007, 01:30:44 PM »
i honestly think you should refrain from mastering muna.  a mix can sound very nice despite the lack of mastering. maybe masyadong madami kang iniisip and it's clouding up your focus on "proper" mixing.  i wish you all the best skunk.  sana nga mahuli mo sa part 2 yung tamang tunog :)  walang makakapag sabi kung ano yung tamang tunog, pero pag nadinig ng tao at naisip nilang "ang ganda!", yun na yon.  let go of theory and listen.  blindly tweak if u must.

good luck.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2007, 01:31:28 PM »
mahirap masabi talaga na commercial quality yung samples.  honestly, they sound ok as demos.  not as finished products for the market to purchase or to be aired on the radio.  yun lang opinyon ko, sana wag kang magalit sakin.  sa tingin ko kasi mas maayos mo ito sa mixing kesa sa mastering.  gusto ko lang talaga makatulong. 

lahat naman tayo nagkakamali sa trabaho natin.  hindi naman 100% ang batting average natin lagi.  it's ok to admit we make mistakes despite of how hard we try.  MADALAS talaga mahirap lang kunin yung tunog na nasa isip natin at i-translate yon sa mix.  ive heard your other mixes and they sounded better than these samples.

Ok lang naman ang comments.  I've heard worse comments, and dissing quite frankly.  I've posted a lot of stuff in other international forums.  It comes to the point that when you listen to all of their suggestions, they kind of negate each other...  Pretty much like "bring up the kick", then when you do so, the other would say "the kick is too loud for the bass to be heard.." 

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2007, 01:32:57 PM »

Ok lang naman ang comments.  I've heard worse comments, and dissing quite frankly.  I've posted a lot of stuff in other international forums.  It comes to the point that when you listen to all of their suggestions, they kind of negate each other...  Pretty much like "bring up the kick", then when you do so, the other would say "the kick is too loud for the bass to be heard.." 

lol.  yeah i hear ya.  basta balanse yung tunog ok na.  walang nagsistick out masyado.  try to mix it FOR YOURSELF muna. think of yourself as your worst enemy and your worst disser.

this is how i punish myself, skunk.  i load up a reference file in the same multi-track file that i am working on.  tapos a/b to death.  it's an effing pain dahil madidinig mo yung kakulangan mo lagi.  but you keep trying to get there and even if you fail you will STILL eventually outdo yourself. :)

as always my disclaimer is this: i dont claim to be master of abything.  marami pa akong bigas na kakainin, at ang paraan ko ng pagkain ng bigas (di ba dapat kanin?) ay ang pakikinig at paggaya sa mga maestro.  kung sakaling sa buhay ko ay meron akong magayang mix ng kahit isa sa kanila (na sa tingin ko ay ilang dekada pa ang aabutin), don ko palalayain ang sarili ko sa paghahanap ng orhinal na tunog.  habang wala pa akong naririnig na gawa ko na kasing gamnda ng mga taong iniidolo ko, patuloy ko paring hahanapin ang mga tunog nila. maaring sabihin ng iba mali, dahil dapat maghanap ka ng sarili mong tunog, pero dahil sa hindi ko kayang maabot yung level nila, i tend to create my own sound in the process ... but it is just an offshoot of trying tp emulate someone else.  that's just me. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 01:44:45 PM by starfugger »

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »

lol.  yeah i hear ya.  basta balanse yung tunog ok na.  walang nagsistick out masyado.  try to mix it FOR YOURSELF muna. think of yourself as your worst enemy and your worst disser.

this is how i punish myself, skunk.  i load up a reference file in the same multi-track file that i am working on.  tapos a/b to death.  it's an effing pain dahil madidinig mo yung kakulangan mo lagi.  but you keep trying to get there and even if you fail you will STILL eventually outdo yourself. :)

as always my disclaimer is this: i dont claim to be master of abything.  marami pa akong bigas na kakainin, at ang paraan ko ng pagkain ng bigas (di ba dapat kanin?) ay ang pakikinig at paggaya sa mga maestro.  kung sakaling sa buhay ko ay meron akong magayang mix ng kahit isa sa kanila (na sa tingin ko ay ilang dekada pa ang aabutin), don ko palalayain ang sarili ko at humanap ng sarili kong tunog.  habang wala pa akong naririnig na gawa ko na kasing gamnda ng mga taong iniidolo ko, patuloy ko paring hahanapin ang mga tunog nila. maaring sabihin ng iba mali, dahil dapat maghanap ka ng sarili mong tunog, pero dahil sa hindi ko kayang maabot yung level nila, i tend to create my own sound in the process ... but it is just an offshoot of trying tp emulate someone else.  that's just me. 

I'm beginning to doubt... maybe SOME people here are just POSERS and LIMITED to a certain genre... maybe computer addicts and not TRUE musicians, para lang may masabi...  :-D  :-D  :-D

GUSTO NIYO BUTASAN KO RECORDS NIYO?  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

(Sounds family...)  :-D

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »

as always my disclaimer is this: i dont claim to be master of abything.  marami pa akong bigas na kakainin, at ang paraan ko ng pagkain ng bigas (di ba dapat kanin?) ay ang pakikinig at paggaya sa mga maestro.  kung sakaling sa buhay ko ay meron akong magayang mix ng kahit isa sa kanila (na sa tingin ko ay ilang dekada pa ang aabutin), don ko palalayain ang sarili ko at humanap ng sarili kong tunog.  habang wala pa akong naririnig na gawa ko na kasing gamnda ng mga taong iniidolo ko, patuloy ko paring hahanapin ang mga tunog nila. maaring sabihin ng iba mali, dahil dapat maghanap ka ng sarili mong tunog, pero dahil sa hindi ko kayang maabot yung level nila, i tend to create my own sound in the process ... but it is just an offshoot of trying tp emulate someone else.  that's just me. 

I'm beginning to doubt... maybe SOME people here are just POSERS and LIMITED to a certain genre... maybe computer addicts and not TRUE musicians, para lang may masabi...  :-D  :-D  :-D

ay teka seryoso ba yon? intayin ko muna sagot mo bago ako tumawa.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2007, 01:54:44 PM »

ay teka seryoso ba yon? intayin ko muna sagot mo bago ako tumawa.

Remember the musician incident?  Si tam_guitar kasi may kasalanan nito.  Yung parang Kabataang Pinoy-related theme... :-D (Joke lang)   
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:02:13 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2007, 02:07:56 PM »
UUUUuuuuuy. Part two! :evil:
============
Marvin Querido

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2007, 02:13:22 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  ROTFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2007, 02:25:47 PM »
Hey kitc, now i'm convinced that sequels are really the 'in' thing nowadays. hahaha.

...now how could there be a "transformers part II", when megatron already died? (my deepest apologies to those who haven't watched it yet...)

OT alert!

More OT - key kitc, where's that '24' thread? haha.

(*) hey i'm trying my best to be as OT as i can..... hey, what did have for lunch today?....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:29:40 PM by marvinq »
============
Marvin Querido