hulika

Author Topic: diffrent types of subwoofer box?  (Read 84503 times)

Offline hayewire

diffrent types of subwoofer box?
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:43:01 PM »
mga sir ano ano mga klase ng subwoofer box?at ano mga characteristic ng bawat isa sa list? at saan suitable gamitin?ang mga box ba naka tune sa certain range of frequency na kahit mag adjust ka sa active crossover nde na nya mapapalabas?

eto lang po alam ko na box
1.subzero?
2.subscoop?
3.WLX?
4.bandpass?

tnx po

tnx po

Offline deejay1

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: diffrent types of subwoofer box?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
Hope this will help, try to read this :)

Different types of boxes will produce different types of bass:

Sealed boxes: For deep, precise bass
A sealed box is an airtight enclosure housing your subwoofer. A sealed box is best for any music that demands tight, accurate bass. Expect flat response (not excessively boomy), deep bass extension, and excellent power handling. Since a sealed enclosure tends to require more power than a ported box, use an amplifier with ample wattage for optimum performance.

Ported boxes
: For forceful bass
Ported boxes use a vent (called a port) to reinforce low bass response. You get more output than you would from a sealed box at any given amplifier wattage. Some people prefer the sound of ported boxes for rock, heavy metal, or any hard-driving music. Ported boxes can deliver deeper bass than sealed boxes, though they need to be much larger than sealed enclosures to accomplish that.

Bandpass boxes
: Maximum slam
Bandpass boxes are a special type of ported box designed for maximum slam. The woofer is mounted inside a dual-chambered box (one chamber sealed, the other ported), with the sound waves emerging from the ported side. The sound that comes out of the port is extra loud within a narrow frequency range.

Because bandpass boxes are super efficient within that range, they tend to boom. Their aggressive sound is great for rap, reggae, and hard rock. Not all subwoofers work well in bandpass boxes, though; consult our product information or call one of our Advisors to be sure.

Free-air subwoofers

A free-air system consists of woofers mounted to a board attached to the rear deck or placed in the trunk against the rear seat. The trunk of the car acts as an enclosure which houses the subwoofer and isolates sound from the back of the speaker, solving the sound cancellation problem of subs without an enclosure.

Free-air systems save space and have flat frequency response. The woofer must be specifically designed for free-air use. The lack of a box makes them more convenient to install, but their power handling levels are usually much lower than their boxed counterparts.

Offline synth_14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:16:22 AM »
Hope this will help, try to read this :)

Different types of boxes will produce different types of bass:

Sealed boxes: For deep, precise bass
A sealed box is an airtight enclosure housing your subwoofer. A sealed box is best for any music that demands tight, accurate bass. Expect flat response (not excessively boomy), deep bass extension, and excellent power handling. Since a sealed enclosure tends to require more power than a ported box, use an amplifier with ample wattage for optimum performance.

Ported boxes
: For forceful bass
Ported boxes use a vent (called a port) to reinforce low bass response. You get more output than you would from a sealed box at any given amplifier wattage. Some people prefer the sound of ported boxes for rock, heavy metal, or any hard-driving music. Ported boxes can deliver deeper bass than sealed boxes, though they need to be much larger than sealed enclosures to accomplish that.

Bandpass boxes
: Maximum slam
Bandpass boxes are a special type of ported box designed for maximum slam. The woofer is mounted inside a dual-chambered box (one chamber sealed, the other ported), with the sound waves emerging from the ported side. The sound that comes out of the port is extra loud within a narrow frequency range.

Because bandpass boxes are super efficient within that range, they tend to boom. Their aggressive sound is great for rap, reggae, and hard rock. Not all subwoofers work well in bandpass boxes, though; consult our product information or call one of our Advisors to be sure.

Free-air subwoofers

A free-air system consists of woofers mounted to a board attached to the rear deck or placed in the trunk against the rear seat. The trunk of the car acts as an enclosure which houses the subwoofer and isolates sound from the back of the speaker, solving the sound cancellation problem of subs without an enclosure.

Free-air systems save space and have flat frequency response. The woofer must be specifically designed for free-air use. The lack of a box makes them more convenient to install, but their power handling levels are usually much lower than their boxed counterparts.

Pwede din po sana ito, kaso po pang kotse po ata ito...  :lol:

Correct me if i'm wrong

Offline eirol_99

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »
yan yung maga types of box designs talaga,, like if sa mga wsx or l36.. under sila ng horns, or sometimes sa bandpass,  check nyo sa www.speakerplans.com

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »
according to Ramsdell Pro Audio, 'There are 3 main types of enclosures used for subwoofer design. These are sealed, vented, and horn loaded designs. The rest are combinations of these three.'

if you wish to read the complete details, just click this link: http://www.ramsdellproaudio.com/support/Sub_besttype.htm

furthermore, as i was browsing the Ramsdell Pro Audio site, I came across the 'our products' section and clicked on the 'subwoofer section, non-powered'. i got interested on the BP-SD18, 18" Band Pass Subwoofer - The 18" Sub Engine

and to my surprise, the speaker components that are installed (as you look closer) are p-audio sd 18 woofers!  these are my previous speakers before i shifted to the bigger model - sd 18el.

:-D :-D :-D

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »
according to Ramsdell Pro Audio, 'There are 3 main types of enclosures used for subwoofer design. These are sealed, vented, and horn loaded designs. The rest are combinations of these three.'

if you wish to read the complete details, just click this link: http://www.ramsdellproaudio.com/support/Sub_besttype.htm

furthermore, as i was browsing the Ramsdell Pro Audio site, I came across the 'our products' section and clicked on the 'subwoofer section, non-powered'. i got interested on the BP-SD18, 18" Band Pass Subwoofer - The 18" Sub Engine

and to my surprise, the speaker components that are installed (as you look closer) are p-audio sd 18 woofers!  these are my previous speakers before i shifted to the bigger model - sd 18el.

:-D :-D :-D

wow! sir yung kayang p.audio 18 na 650w, may info kayo sa performance?  plano ko ikabit sa subscoop sna. tnx.

Offline hayewire

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »
tnx mga sir  :-D sana may mag reply (guru) na nakagamit na ng ibat ibang klase ng subwoofer box para dagdag kaalaman

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »
looks promising . . .

Offline hayewire

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 01:33:04 PM »
ayos to sir ahh, matigas bass nito parang kick bass ng drums? san website meron mga ganito may mga sukat? parang ok project tnx

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »
ayos to sir ahh, matigas bass nito parang kick bass ng drums? san website meron mga ganito may mga sukat? parang ok project tnx

www.speakerplans.com  :wink:

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »
Hog Scoop   :-o

Offline hayewire

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 08:03:53 AM »
tnx  :-D nakagamit or narinig nyo na po yung 2 design? ano pagkakaiba?

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »
C PMX yta may hog scoop dto satin.  :-)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »
more on the hog scoop . . .  :-o

Offline spacejam

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »
mga sir. what subwoofer box would you recommend na compact and for outdoor use.  yung compact pero malaki tumunog? para mas madali i transport.thanks

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 11:12:51 AM »
mga sir. what subwoofer box would you recommend na compact and for outdoor use.  yung compact pero malaki tumunog? para mas madali i transport.thanks

Sir para sakin yung mtl-2. EV design ito.  So far ito ang pinaka-compact na size for a dual 18 design.  Malakas at impressive ang bass. For indoor at outdoor use. 8-)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:14:13 AM by tjlimjoco »

Offline spacejam

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 12:11:03 PM »
sir meron ba kayo ma suggest na single 18" lang?

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »
Sir check this link: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,168587.0.html

Meron dyan yung EV T18 subscoop. Single 18 design yung.  :-)

Offline spacejam

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »
thanks sir. try ko igawa yung box and kabit ng speaker.

Offline barracks01

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »
ito sana makatulong

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 07:19:53 AM »
hog scoop  8-)

Offline eirol_99

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
hog scoop  8-)

meron na ata hogscoop by music box.. mabigat din at malaki ito,, sana yung mas magaan at maliit na pede outdoors

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 10:35:42 AM »
ito sana makatulong

Ito ba ang subzero???

Offline prx

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 10:08:47 PM »
anung series ba ito series 1 or 2?

Offline Jef2