hulika

Author Topic: Pedalboard malfunction during gigs, share your stories here!  (Read 6197 times)

Offline rockyteer

• Veteran Member
Re: Pedalboard malfunction during gigs, share your stories here!
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 06:03:28 PM »
live telecast, PBB saturday show. sakto pag cue ng director, nawala tunog ng gitara ko. buti na lang nadaan sa drums and vocals kasi yung kanta "Doo Wah diddy" hehe.

Yun pala may nakatapak na studio guy dun sa power outlet. kung san nakasaksak yung amp.

Offline jjgalvan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 06:07:29 PM »
live telecast, PBB saturday show. sakto pag cue ng director, nawala tunog ng gitara ko. buti na lang nadaan sa drums and vocals kasi yung kanta "Doo Wah diddy" hehe.

Yun pala may nakatapak na studio guy dun sa power outlet. kung san nakasaksak yung amp.
nainis ka? anu naramdaman mo sa nakatapak? kainis yun! :-D haha..

Offline rockyteer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 06:11:10 PM »
nainis ka? anu naramdaman mo sa nakatapak? kainis yun! :-D haha..

wala bro, hindi umamin eh, siguro baka natatakot mapagalitan ng director.

may nagsabi lang sa akin na witness. hehe

tanggap na lang, wala din naman mangyayari kung magalit ka pa :)

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 06:17:57 PM »
Sana may pedals na ako ng may maishare ako dito,hayz. :oops:
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline jjgalvan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 06:19:23 PM »

wala bro, hindi umamin eh, siguro baka natatakot mapagalitan ng director.

may nagsabi lang sa akin na witness. hehe

tanggap na lang, wala din naman mangyayari kung magalit ka pa :)

haha.. pero nakakinis yun diba.. agaw eksena.  :-D so ayus naman kinalabasan?

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »
not my own experience but nevertheless...

i once read someone's post here at GC that he had an issue with his board (well, he thought it was a pedalboard issue)... anyway, he said that his rig starting humming, hissing, and crackling when he turned it on...

he remembered that he organized his gear properly before the gig and that it never had any issues during that time... then his girlfriend/wife told him after his gig that she put nail polish on the contact area of the plugs of his cables because it looked good due to the veneer (it was shiny)... lolz...

just wanted to share...  :wink:
[

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »
not my own experience but nevertheless...

i once read someone's post here at GC that he had an issue with his board (well, he thought it was a pedalboard issue)... anyway, he said that his rig starting humming, hissing, and crackling when he turned it on...

he remembered that he organized his gear properly before the gig and that it never had any issues during that time... then his girlfriend/wife told him after his gig that she put nail polish on the contact area of the plugs of his cables because it looked good due to the veneer (it was shiny)... lolz...

just wanted to share...  :wink:

panalo!!!!
sobrang dedicated ang gf mapansin lng hahah
nice masterchoxter!!!

Offline zrehtiek

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2009, 12:54:13 AM »
Pwede ba user malfunction??? hehehe

sa pedalboard wala naman ako nagiging problema (awa ng diyos). Pero one time sa sobrang kalasingan ako ang nagmalfunction  :lol: in the middle of the song, naapakan ko yung RC2. Ayun! tumugtog yung drum machine, buti na lang walang naka save sa patch. Sakto an lakas pa naman ng volume. nag TUG PAK TUG PAK siya ng walang humpay. hehehe!!!

Lesson learned, wag dalhin ang mga hindi kailangan (ang hirap naman kase mag tanggal-kabet ng pedal sa board). hahahaha!!!  :lol:

natawa ko dito hahaha

Offline sinosimelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:36:26 PM by sinosimelo »

Offline sixdayoldstring

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 01:44:36 AM »
had one unforgettable experience..

musiklaban semi's (can't remember kung '04 or '05) at lipa, batangas..dahil sa katamaran, instead of bringing my rack+foot controller with me, i just brought a marshall shredmaster and a zoom 505II, both borrowed from a friend (galing pa manila so hassle magbitbit)..though this friend had warned me na may topak yung 505 nya, i still insisted..the soundcheck went ok..

here comes the real performance..in the middle of our cover song, pag-apak ko nung 505 it started squeeling and buzzing loudly..i had no choice but to disconnect it from my setup, and it was the most embarrassing experience i had in my life..pinatawad naman ako ng mga kabanda ko pagkatapos..it was after the event na naisipan ko syang buksan at i-check, and the pcb mount input had a broken solder joint..naayos ko sya, kaso tapos na yung event..

from then on, i bring my complete battlegear each jam, or gig...kahit gano pa kabigat..
So many ideas, so little time..

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 03:32:44 AM »
hindi naman talaga malufunction... pero last night sa gig, i was using my Danelectro TOD as a lead booster kaso madilim sa bar at hindi ko makita yung pedal kung san siya tatapakan. nakakaasar talaga yun sa Dano pedals kasi maliit lang yung area ng switch nila. buti pa yung boss pedals, malaki yung area ng aapakan. kahit san mo apakan yung mag-on or off yung pedal. yung Dano kelangan sakto dun sa switch.

now im planning to buy a glow in the dark sticker at lalagyan ko yung TOD ko. para next time alam ko na kung san mismo ako aapak hehe.
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline bluefist

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
eto sa akin..one of our show sa town plaza sa amin, i brought my amp and my gfx5...set it up nicely so ok na..i went down the stage to have conversation sa mga kakilala..then went our set...opening song is narda...pag apak ko sa multi ko walang lumabas na tunog sa amp...pero sa speaker ng mobile meron....dont have a choice but to continue playing...after the song i checked on the amp and to my surprised the tech guy of the mobile connect the line out of the mixer to the send of my amp effects loop....f****** tech, he never told me...lesson, always talk to the tech guy of the sound system...
I live because of music!!!

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »
Been using a zoom g2.1u during a wedding gig. When I was changing the patch na sana for a solo, since malaki yung leather shoes ko, I accidentally hit both the patch and the expression pedal which was acting as volume pedal. Walang tunog! Sablay! Habol na lang ako.
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
Naka encounter na ko na may problema yung power sa gig venue... ayaw talaga mag power up ng supply ko (Paguwi I tried it and ok naman).  Napilitan ako ng Guitar to amp, kulit panaman ng set (night to remember,  play that funky music, jackson 5 medley kalimutan ko na yung isa...).  Nabuhay ako ng gamit Fender Princeton lang, manual switch lang. Haha.  That was a fun gig, bday ng isang big time na politiko...

In this, mahirap pag sa middle ng kanta ito nangyari. To which din, in relation to me, as much as possible, true bypass yung mga pedals ko. Para pag nagloko yung PSU, eh dadaan parin yung signal ng guitar ko.
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline IncX

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »
my pedalboard malfunction was usually because of crappy cables ... then i got Lava ELC's, and my board malfunctioned more.

Lava ELC's are overpriced pieces of crap IMO - ok, the cable material is nice, but the learning curve and resulting headache is not worth the $$$ you are paying for. the only time my board functioned without problems was when i took out the Lava ELC's, and used those space-hogging planet waves.

the other time my pedal board malfunctioned was when i used those stupid Carl Martin pedals that require a 110v power socket. i ended up plugging it in a 220v line and voila! fried pedal... its just a good thing Carl Martin had the decency to make it true-bypass, so the pedal board still went on.

then finally, the last time my pedalboard malfunctioned was when i chained 2 Strymon pedals on my BBE power supply. for some reason, one of the pedals refused to turn on but maybe thats because i starved the unit by using 200mA instead of the 250mA the manual said it required.

those are my top 3, with Lava ELC's topping the list as "number 1 cause of malfunction in my pedal board" ... expensive does not usually mean, good.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Pedalboard malfunction during gigs, share your stories here!
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
Last November, I played guitar for the CCF worship band at the largest retreat of the year (B1G 8). My power supply (a Gator G-BUS-8) kept on crapping out because it got dislodged from its mounting spot under my Pedaltrain 2. The pedals turned on and off erratically and I got fed up so I just plugged straight into the amp.

I then changed my power supply to a Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe, which can be mounted under my pedalboard using the free brackets.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline denden009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 09:01:46 AM »
This happened last January 10. Nung nasa bahay ako okay na okay pa yung Metal Muff ko pero nung mag set na kami sa gig, kahit naka engage ung pedal clean tone yung lumalabas, even itodo ko ung gain knob at volume knob clean tone na may malakas na his lang ung lumalabas. Napaka badtrip nung gabing yun, dagdag mo pang last band kami, and until now nasa nag rerepair parin ung pedal.  :eek:

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 06:50:16 PM »
Have always resorted to plugging straight to an amp if the issue happens within a song. Else, I try to troubleshoot between songs.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.