hulika

Author Topic: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!  (Read 882932 times)

Saturn/Return

Re: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!
« Reply #500 on: February 25, 2012, 03:30:00 PM »
My third, actually. The first was the lake placid blue CIJ.

This one seem to have a slimmer neck profile. I'm quite positive that the first one had a beefier neck, close to the AVRI. The CIJs were pretty similar in tone.

The second one was the AVRI. Compared to the CIJs, the tone was thicker even with stock pickups. The neck was the chunkiest among the three, but it was the most comfortable to play. It was strung with .012 flatwounds but it played like having had .010s. I don't know, probably because it was professionally setup.

Thanks for the info Bart! I like chunky necks too. Congrats on your 3rd Jaguar!

Offline sick_angel14

« Reply #501 on: February 27, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »

squier jagmaster jaguar hh mod (inspired by sir rob's jagmaster) and fender jaguar special

recent deals : diaboliche, numeroh_unoh, palmmuteboi, joeystratman, hardcore misery, gitarakista27,raizen26, karlwilson, bryansurvive, ayofish, shredmaestrobri, Opay21, jonathan_gonzales, varied_ventures, turiguilliano, alcoholicarl, egpogi, lickerz, etc.

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #502 on: February 27, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »

squier jagmaster jaguar hh mod (inspired by sir rob's jagmaster) and fender jaguar special

Congrats, Chi! Sana di mo na 'to ibebenta. :)) (Wala na kasi akong pera)
Offset guitars for life.

Offline sick_angel14

« Reply #503 on: February 27, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
Congrats, Chi! Sana di mo na 'to ibebenta. :)) (Wala na kasi akong pera)

kunin mo na, i can give you payment options..
recent deals : diaboliche, numeroh_unoh, palmmuteboi, joeystratman, hardcore misery, gitarakista27,raizen26, karlwilson, bryansurvive, ayofish, shredmaestrobri, Opay21, jonathan_gonzales, varied_ventures, turiguilliano, alcoholicarl, egpogi, lickerz, etc.

Offline rjthemute

« Reply #504 on: February 27, 2012, 11:07:58 PM »

swabe to ah...since you have both, what are the major differences between the stoptail and the strat trem? sana pina jag trem mo na din :)

Offline edgie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #505 on: February 27, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »
Sa wakas makakasali na rin sa thread nato :)

Specs:
Pine Body
Stewmac Bound Rosewood board
Lollar Jazzmaster Pickups
Japanese-made bridge and trem system
Medium frets
Gotoh tuners
Strings: D'Addario .012 Jazz-Blues.

The pickguard and knobs are just temporary. There is a provision for the rhythm circuit which I'll be putting in once I find an online store that sells it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:00:40 AM by edgie »

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #506 on: February 28, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
Edgie, san mo pinagawa? Also, try Warmoth. I think they have JM parts. Kung hindi, try Allparts
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #507 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03:11 AM »
@edgie: Niiiiiiiiice! I love the bound/dot neck. More details please. Who made the body? What pickups are those? What are the value of the pots? What type of capacitor did you use (Orange Drop, Paper in Oil...)? Sorry, dami kong tanong. Interesado lang talaga ako eh.
For parts, try guitarpartsresource.com. They have Allparts pickguards and white witch hat knobs (Although not historically correct as they have a beginning zero.) Although they only have it for split shafts.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:04:19 AM by Bart »

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #508 on: February 28, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »
DUDE, GOLD ANODIZED PICKGUARD.  :drool:

If it's one meg pots, jangle heaven na yan. :3
Offset guitars for life.

Saturn/Return

« Reply #509 on: February 28, 2012, 01:17:44 AM »

Ganda ng weight niyan, naabutan ko yan kena Mike! Nice to see it completed, sweet neck binding too! Congrats Edgie! =)

Niiceee! Chi, ganda ng kinalabasan!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #510 on: February 28, 2012, 01:37:26 AM »
Non-Fender offset time! Posted this on the Pinoy Offset Guitars FB group. Inggit ako sa mga new additions ninyo. :3 I really think this is a Fernandes JG-85s EV because of the pickguard but this may also be a Fernandes Decade J1s. Either way, it's MIJ and a higher end model compared to most of the JG series. Currently my main gigging guitar.

Offset guitars for life.

Offline edgie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #511 on: February 28, 2012, 09:23:36 AM »
@edgie: Niiiiiiiiice! I love the bound/dot neck. More details please. Who made the body? What pickups are those? What are the value of the pots? What type of capacitor did you use (Orange Drop, Paper in Oil...)? Sorry, dami kong tanong. Interesado lang talaga ako eh.
For parts, try guitarpartsresource.com. They have Allparts pickguards and white witch hat knobs (Although not historically correct as they have a beginning zero.) Although they only have it for split shafts.

Thanks Bart, and yeah, I will definitely check that website . Baka sakali meron din sila nung Allparts Jazzmaster Electronics kit para kumpleto na including the brackets.  :)

Body and neck including the pickguard was made by Mike Sison and crew.  He might make me one again with the holes for the rhythm circuit although his colors are only white and black. Gusto ko sana ito: http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_jazzmaster_pickguard_jz-1408.html

Then lalagyan ko ng white knobs and switches. But when I saw the shipping price(cheapest is as much as the pickguard itself), baka hindi muna, pag nagka-extra cash ulit. Tinignan ko rin sa warmoth, meron sila nung blue pearl that looks like water kaso nung ready to order nako nakita ko na may disclaimer sa baba saying kasya lang daw yung sa mga Warmoth bodies.
My guitar's screw holes are patterned after an American AVRI.

Pots are Bourns which I believe are 250k. I couldn't find a 1 meg pot back then and we ran out of 500k(For those who don't know yet, I'm Mike's partner in the effects and guitar parts business). The 250k pots turned out to be just fine maybe because I like warm sounding guitars and I think it's still chime-y. I'm sorry I don't know what caps did Mike use, I'll have to ask him.

I have a friend here who has an Angry Angus Jazzmaster with a Mastery bridge. I'll ask him one of these days for a meet to compare. The guy strums hard, real hard, so I want to see how my traditional-style bridge with the .012 string set will fare versus the Mastery. I read that JM's should have heavy gauge strings if you don't want to change to TOM or Mastery.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #512 on: February 28, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
Thank you for the reply, bro. Yeah, Warmoth parts are mostly compatible with their necks and bodes. Check ebay, too. Every now and then, there are Chinese vendors who sell p/guards in non-standard colors. I assume that they ship to the Philippines since you guys are in the same region.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #513 on: February 28, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
Thanks Bart, and yeah, I will definitely check that website . Baka sakali meron din sila nung Allparts Jazzmaster Electronics kit para kumpleto na including the brackets.  :)

Body and neck including the pickguard was made by Mike Sison and crew.  He might make me one again with the holes for the rhythm circuit although his colors are only white and black. Gusto ko sana ito: http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_jazzmaster_pickguard_jz-1408.html

Then lalagyan ko ng white knobs and switches. But when I saw the shipping price(cheapest is as much as the pickguard itself), baka hindi muna, pag nagka-extra cash ulit. Tinignan ko rin sa warmoth, meron sila nung blue pearl that looks like water kaso nung ready to order nako nakita ko na may disclaimer sa baba saying kasya lang daw yung sa mga Warmoth bodies.
My guitar's screw holes are patterned after an American AVRI.

Pots are Bourns which I believe are 250k. I couldn't find a 1 meg pot back then and we ran out of 500k(For those who don't know yet, I'm Mike's partner in the effects and guitar parts business). The 250k pots turned out to be just fine maybe because I like warm sounding guitars and I think it's still chime-y. I'm sorry I don't know what caps did Mike use, I'll have to ask him.

I have a friend here who has an Angry Angus Jazzmaster with a Mastery bridge. I'll ask him one of these days for a meet to compare. The guy strums hard, real hard, so I want to see how my traditional-style bridge with the .012 string set will fare versus the Mastery. I read that JM's should have heavy gauge strings if you don't want to change to TOM or Mastery.

If it's AVRI, WD is yr best bet. Allparts ata, MIJ yung specs. Excited to see the finished product!
Offset guitars for life.

Offline sick_angel14

« Reply #514 on: February 28, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
Niiceee! Chi, ganda ng kinalabasan!

thanks sir rob, inspired yan ng jagmaster mo non. tumagal lang ng konti. hehehe

swabe to ah...since you have both, what are the major differences between the stoptail and the strat trem? sana pina jag trem mo na din :)

havent tried it side by side pa eh, planning to have a jag trem but im spending too much na ata. hehehe

@treblinklovescene, francis astig yan ah unlimited sustain?  :drool:

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #515 on: February 28, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
Yep! It sustains... forever. D: Ang saya. Pwede pang ambient/noise stuff.
Offset guitars for life.

Saturn/Return

« Reply #516 on: February 28, 2012, 10:24:25 PM »
thanks sir rob, inspired yan ng jagmaster mo non. tumagal lang ng konti. hehehe

Anytime bro! =) Nakakatuwa din yung kinalabasan ng iyo, trip ko siya! Congrats!

Offline sick_angel14

« Reply #517 on: February 28, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »
Anytime bro! =) Nakakatuwa din yung kinalabasan ng iyo, trip ko siya! Congrats!

here are the other pics i posted at micsis thread. di ko pa masyadong napapaglaruan due to tight work schedule. but i just can keep one for the moment, and this one should go.  :cry:

Offline rjthemute

« Reply #518 on: February 28, 2012, 11:53:21 PM »
FYI, I saw mustang and jetking copies with jm/jag tremolos at RJ Galleria, a little under 10k each lang, don't know about the quality, just looked interesting

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #519 on: February 28, 2012, 11:55:29 PM »
FYI, I saw mustang and jetking copies with jm/jag tremolos at RJ Galleria, a little under 10k each lang, don't know about the quality, just looked interesting

Di ko nagustuhan. I tried those, the Mosrite copy and the Jagmaster (both the p90 and the humbucker versions) and I could say that the Jagmaster is easily the best in terms of sound and feel. The Mosrite copy second. The Mustang and the Jet King copies are the worst tone/feel-wise.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline egee_gtrz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #520 on: February 29, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »
yung manilaforwarder at johnny air door to door talaga yun. ang technique lang para makatipid is ipunin for a balikbayan box lahat ng small items na bibilhin mo. yung re: sa neck, pwede naman yun depende sa arrangement niyo ng seller (for ex. sa ebay)...but sa mga nabili ko na before, buo na shiniship yung mga gitara. nasa loob naman siya ng box, properly protected may bubble wrap or styro sa loob. may insurance din yan

Thank you for mentioning Johnny Air. I am connected with Johnny Air, specifically sa Johnny Air Plus. We assist clients in handling their shipments everytime they purchase in different online websites in the US.

If you want to know our rate you can email me at emil@johnnyairplus.com.

Thank you very much and looking forward to hear from you soon.

EMIL G. GUTIERREZ
Sales and Marketing
Johnny Air Corp Plus
108 CJV Bldg. Aguirre St. Legaspi Vill. Makati City
Tel. #s : 519 5000 / 519 6000 / 519 9000
Mobile Line:0915-904-8640
Email add : emil@johnnyairplus.com
                  gutierrez.emil@gmail.com

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2012, 05:38:15 AM »
Thanks.  :-D
Gusto ko sana ng Oly White, kaso good deal ko nakuha kaya ok na rin. Refin job na lang later.
Balak kong palitan ng 4-way Tele switch later ala Johnny Marr.

ayus to pre! eto iniisip ko since last year pa... naka-score na nga rin ako ng ganitong switch at matching customized chrome plate(courtesy of stereodinary ng OSG)

Sa wakas makakasali na rin sa thread nato :)

Specs:
Pine Body
Stewmac Bound Rosewood board
Lollar Jazzmaster Pickups
Japanese-made bridge and trem system
Medium frets
Gotoh tuners
Strings: D'Addario .012 Jazz-Blues.

The pickguard and knobs are just temporary. There is a provision for the rhythm circuit which I'll be putting in once I find an online store that sells it.

ganda nito bro...sobrang pogi! post mo sa pinoy offset page  :)

kunin mo na, i can give you payment options..

francis, tempting to a - with options pa o....hehehe
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:44:09 AM by paltic »

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #522 on: March 01, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »
My POGI project

This is my custom partscaster jaguar...still unfinished(due to budget constraints) and been building this for 2 years already. I have completely gathered all the parts for this project so I'll just have to take these to a local luthier for assembling and finishing. I got most of these from ebay so I had to painstakingly bid on each item and grabbed on the cheapest deals. I also have it shipped in a single package via Manilaforwarders.

1.) this is the design i have in mind

2.) the parts:

a.) the body - Japanese

b.) the neck - Mexican

c.) the pickups - Semour Duncan quarter pounds (sjag-3 A & B) - for higher output. i have also have the pickup covers for the these(although not recommended by SD)...i have two options: chrome-y or hole-less

d.) set of brass shielding to minimize feedback

e.) pickguard - cyan brushed aluminum (from Hong Kong)

f.) capacitors, wiring, etc. control assmbly from Acme

g.) chrome plates

h.) telecaster switch and mustang bridge(common mod for jag, can't afford the mastery lol!)

i.) mute plate, tremolo

j.) the wronski plate(for the tele switch) - same idea as the johnny marr telecaster switch but with less modification on the body. the problem is solved due to the inclined switch hole and the good side of this is you can still restore it to the conventional lower control switch configuration. i was able to score this item from Stereordinary of OSG. he sent me a surplus of aluminum plates for free. got two(2) of these till the more durable chrome plate was ready and available

...and some blacktop witch hat knobs

k.) paint - sherwood green nitro

l.) money for assembling....
Now that's a different story. lol! So this project's still on hold. Hopefully i can finish this project within this year and show you guys the finished product.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #523 on: March 01, 2012, 09:11:26 AM »
@ paltic: Very niiiiice, bro. Hindi ako umabot sa latest na batch order ni stereordinary kaya ako na lang gumawa. Parang yung aluminum plate mo dahil wala akong makitang polished chrome plate. Pero may nakita akong blank na chrome wall switch sa amazon.com, yung pantakip ng switch ng ilaw (haha!). Yun ang gagamitin ko sa pag fabricate ng switch plate.
Wronski kesa Marr na rin siguro gagawin ko para hindi na ako magbawas ng kahoy sa cavity.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #524 on: March 01, 2012, 09:15:39 AM »
@ paltic: Very niiiiice, bro. Hindi ako umabot sa latest na batch order ni stereordinary kaya ako na lang gumawa. Parang yung aluminum plate mo dahil wala akong makitang polished chrome plate. Pero may nakita akong blank na chrome wall switch sa amazon.com, yung pantakip ng switch ng ilaw (haha!). Yun ang gagamitin ko sa pag fabricate ng switch plate.
Wronski kesa Marr na rin siguro gagawin ko para hindi na ako magbawas ng kahoy sa cavity.

hey bart, oo better pag ganun para in the future(just in case na gusto mo ibenta) pwede pang i-restore to a conventional jaguar at di mo na kelangang magbawas sa cavity  :)

btw sa wronski plate: yung sa taas ng pic yun yung chrome, sa baba yun yung temporary aluminum...binigyan ako ng 2 ni Paul e so may dalawa akong aluminum plates for future projects  (parang kaya pa no?:wave:)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:18:04 AM by paltic »