hulika

Author Topic: Anti Avril  (Read 39874 times)

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Anti Avril
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2007, 01:26:31 AM »

Lucky bastard.

Offline avery97

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2007, 11:03:26 PM »
she's a fake about sa punk lifestyle at music nya..,she mellow down now and medyo girly na sya,which is good.....

Offline frogfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 07:53:32 PM »
she's a fake about sa punk lifestyle at music nya..,she mellow down now and medyo girly na sya,which is good.....

I've been waiting for someone who'll say this and I concur.
"Competition is for horses, not artists." - Bela Bartok

"I don’t like to look back, because the whole point in jazz is doing it now." - Scott LaFaro

Offline tikimusicster

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »
Why all this anger? Rock is pop. Wait until you grow older, and you'll discover that much of both becomes fake.

Offline cocaineshake

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 06:19:36 AM »
and dont think im so biased, i also sometimes listen to "punk" like the casualties,X,suicidal tendencies,new york dolls,left over crack etc.. (for those of you who think i sound old,im 15) :mrgreen:

wow i didn't know that left over crack was so popular. i thought it was only an nyc thing. i igot to see them twice live  :-D

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2007, 06:12:16 AM »
Why you hate her so much??? She's just a musician who wants to express what she feels with the music she could make. Musicians ba kayo? Could you make songs better than her? Do you have a songs na nakapag hit number 1 sa charts worldwide or kahit nakaposk lang sa billboard? Subukan niyo kaya gumawa ng kanta. Hope you could play instruments such as guitar. I'm a musican too, I write songs and I respect every other musicans who writes their own song. Kahit anong genre. I'm not much into artist who dosen't write lalo na kung puro revivals lang. I don't find them interesting. Critics are just noting but a piece of sh@$%****. Eh kung sila ang mas magaling eh bakit they don't have songs na nakapasok sa billboard. Before judging a musician judge yourself first. Gawa kayo ng kanta and tingnan natin or baka naman poser lang kayo na wu cudn't even play a simple guitar chords. To be a rocker you have to be a musician who could play musical instruments such as guitar and who could write songs and who loves rock music by heart and oh yeah respect other musicans no matter what genre they are into. PEACE! :mrgreen:   
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »

perhaps the only reason why im not as popular as avril right now is that im not as cute and  thin as avril *lol* and oh, im a guy too, and i drink blood, so i guess that doesnt make me pop material no matter how hard i try. *lol*

seriously man - number 1 hit isn't equivalent to good song.

you want a number one hit? Boom Ta Rat Ta Rat, dude!  or maybe Bulaklak would do for you? or if you wanna go international we could talk about Britney Spears ... or Madonna ... or even Ricky Martin.

Lito Ocampo is like a lot richer than most of the musicians here ... it's all about mass appeal, not whether its a good song or a bad song.

as for avril... its funny that ppl can be pissed with a cute girl like that... shes too cute and too commercial to be taken seriously. 14 year olds like avril... how can a 26 year old like me even think that shes destroying the minds of the kids? i dont want 14 year olds to listen to vital remains you know... with lyrics like "I DENY GOD AND ALL RELIGION!!!!" ... i'd rather have kids sing "IM WITH YOUUUUUUU HUUU HUUU!"

just messing guys... cause after all, i am a "rocker"

hahahaha...

seriously, ppl should stop using that term... id be aghast to hear some guy calling me "hey you rocker person you" ... thats like ... you know it kills my satanic image or something. *lol*

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 01:33:44 AM »
Why you hate her so much??? She's just a musician who wants to express what she feels with the music she could make. Musicians ba kayo? Could you make songs better than her? Do you have a songs na nakapag hit number 1 sa charts worldwide or kahit nakaposk lang sa billboard? Subukan niyo kaya gumawa ng kanta. Hope you could play instruments such as guitar. I'm a musican too, I write songs and I respect every other musicans who writes their own song. Kahit anong genre. I'm not much into artist who dosen't write lalo na kung puro revivals lang. I don't find them interesting. Critics are just noting but a piece of sh@$%****. Eh kung sila ang mas magaling eh bakit they don't have songs na nakapasok sa billboard. Before judging a musician judge yourself first. Gawa kayo ng kanta and tingnan natin or baka naman poser lang kayo na wu cudn't even play a simple guitar chords. To be a rocker you have to be a musician who could play musical instruments such as guitar and who could write songs and who loves rock music by heart and oh yeah respect other musicans no matter what genre they are into. PEACE! :mrgreen:   

Uhhh.... I beg to differ, although i'm not an avril hater (she looks more gorgeous now), I think her punk style was just a packaging stunt. She proclaim she hate preppies so much, where she in fact, is one. Check her interviews, all behind-the-scenes, and reality news, preppy is oozing out from her. Pero good choice na rin for now ang bago nyang album, medyo mas at ease ako sa kanya. Not like the "Let Go" album.

I am also a composer / arranger for our band and our org here in our area, and i know how difficult it is to compose and arrange songs, what always pisses me off about the artists is their packaging, sometimes it's too much or a 180 degree turn from their real life. FYI, I play drums, keyboards, rhythm guitars, a little bit of bass and some backing vocals. You can fairly say i'm a billy corgan wannabe, lol  :lol:

Avril's new song "Girlfriend" is quite catchy but i think she is following Gwen Stefani / Fergie's footsteps. Correct me if i'm wrong, yun yung nakita ko agad sa video nya. Sa boses, sort of nagbago na rin ng konti, pero halata pa rin yung roots of punk pop sa boses nya.

P.S.: why does she look like jeniffer love hewitt when she's(avril) brunette?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 01:37:54 AM by daemonite »
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuña Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline orion

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2007, 11:54:22 AM »
She's hot like spicy tamales :-D
It's either "Less is More" or "Less is Bore"

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »
Novelty ba sya?

Offline otistikako

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
Toni Basil, anyone? haha..
Seriously, i love her new radio single, so pom-pom smoochy!
reminds me of The Go! Team - only poppier, immature, lesser character, preppy, and less technical.
haha.. :evil:
All these accidents,
That happen,
Follow the dot, Coincidence, Makes sense, Only with you, You don't have to speak, I feel.

faircharlotte

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2007, 05:12:00 AM »
she's a fake rockstar!

"hey, hey, you, you," wtf..

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2007, 10:52:17 AM »
we all know that artists get no say with what the recording and managing company says.

and btw, hate and anti threads get locked here more often than not. :-)

Offline jaythegame

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2007, 08:09:09 AM »
avril=punk is like cueshe=rock

kaya ko lang inalam ung guitar ng 'why' kasi pinapaaral saken ng ate ko tugtugin daw namen pag wala kameng magawa.. :-P
geeesh

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2007, 05:25:13 AM »
canadian female artist like avril, celine dion and others are better than........ooooopppssss, shes cool and i like most of her songs even im getting old.

Offline lilith

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2007, 06:24:12 AM »
Aminin nyo na, her songs are good! She's not a one-hit wonder punk rock chick either.  Between Britney, Mandy, Cristina, Jessica and Avril....I'd definitely pick Avril anytime.  Btw, I'm a fan of all the gurls I've mentioned and I own an album (or 2) from each artist.  It's just that, kung sino pa yung pinaka-astig na pnoproject na image, sya pa yun me pnaka matinong personal (private) life . . . kinda makes you think twice . . .

jakobspiral

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2007, 08:48:21 AM »
if i didn't watch her video or learn about her "fake rockstar" image...

her songs are pretty good. the songwriters must've been payed a lot. :-)

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2007, 01:35:13 PM »
i like it when she sings that "hey hey you you" in different languages and her accent was so bad *lol* i thought it was cute.

avril is very cute... but i wouldnt  like it if my gf sings/performs her songs ... i'll tell her, "baby, cant you sing a different song? you know... i just dont think the song is appropriate"

not appropriate for what? i dont know... i just feel that someone that close to me should sing something with more meaning and intelligence to it... like maybe hands to heaven *lol*  talk about love songs being described as "intelligent" ... that would make them un-love songs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:36:40 PM by IncX »

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2007, 12:07:11 AM »
what is punk? :)

punk is when you ask why?when you question answers .thats punk!
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2007, 12:11:57 AM »
Why you hate her so much??? She's just a musician who wants to express what she feels with the music she could make. Musicians ba kayo?

I agree.... like her or not  you have to admit that she has created jobs for any good song writers out there who doesn't have the charisma, looks or whatnot to market their own songs.

Ultimately it's the the celebrity you have to dig or hate, but don't hate the song please. Some lyrics are really crappy... why? because they're marketed for KIDS not for adults who now the difference between good lyrics and crappy lyrics.

i'm sure nobody here went straight to listening to 'legitimate' musicians... you listened to pop stars. pop stars who don't write their songs and have no musical ability.
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

Offline jaythegame

• Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2007, 04:05:08 AM »
what is punk? :)

punk is when you ask why?when you question answers .thats punk!

+1
geeesh

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2007, 07:55:15 PM »
Sana mabasa nya ang thread na ito. (Syempre may translator)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2007, 02:54:50 AM »
This girl can easily whoop Avril's ass in the vocals department.  I hadn't picked up their new album yet though... :oops:

Offline Edward

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2007, 04:16:17 PM »
This girl can easily whoop Avril's ass in the vocals department.  I hadn't picked up their new album yet though... :oops:

inlab na ko!
夢見

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2007, 12:48:44 PM »

inlab na ko!

di ba eto yung vocals ng paramore?
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuña Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys