hulika

Author Topic: Listen To Alter Bridge's New Album 'ABIII' Exclusively On NME.COM \m/  (Read 1909 times)

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
For All Alter Bridge fans out there!  :-D

Alter Bridge release their third album entitled, 'AB III' this month and you can stream it exclusively right here:

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&p=9206&title=listen_to_alter_bridge_s_new_album_abiii&more=1&c=1

Woohoo! di na ko nakatiis nung nakita ko tong link, i had to listen to it..First Day Buyer here!  :-D

Tremonti is a monster on the guitar! And so is Myles Kennedy's bluesy driven riffs...DAMN this is awesome! :D

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Listen To Alter Bridge's New Album 'ABIII' Exclusively On NME.COM \m/
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 02:39:10 AM »
Thanks bro!  Listening right now. 8-) Looks like I'll be streaming for awhile til I get my hands on the album.  So far sounds like a solid album, with some interesting new melodies you can expect only from MT.  Just don't like the loose, dirty, fuzzy tone he seems to be going for on some songs.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 06:06:13 PM »
Hehe, he likes those loose dirty fuzzy tones eh kinda like in Metalingus...so far i'm liking it too...Not as much impact compared to their first 2 albums especially One Day Remains but i'm sure with a lot of listens this will grow on me...I'm loving Isolation, plus the shared vocals ni Myles and Mark sa last song, forgot the title hehe...Can't wait to have my copy as well...Alter Bridge Rulz! \m/

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
Used to have tighter rhythm tones.  On Metalingus siguro that's intentional, since he needs a GOB of gain to play with all the pinch harmonics, scrapes, and whammy bar work on that song.  Listen to Watch Your Words, nakaka-miss yung ganung tone nya.  I think it's back when he depended heavily on the mesa rectos.  Ngayon parang mas nadidinig ko yung halo favoring the uberschall..  But aside from the recording engineer, we don't really know he tracks.

Yeah, I like that last song too!  :-D  Buti dinadagdagan nila vocals nya, ganda ng contrast sa boses ni myles.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 05:37:30 PM »
Album's out! Although i admit i just have the downloaded copy...for now  :evil: hehe
But definitely buying this as i have both previous albums as well...Isolation's such an aggressive track.

Words Darker Than Their Wings is such an awesome closer to this album! Ganda ng duel tandem ni Myles And Mark on vocals talga! :D

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 09:02:44 PM »
heya bros...

san ba available dito sa Manila ang AB III?

Regarding naman sa new album, Kay Myles daw ang solo guitar ng "Isolation" ah... Naniwala ako pero yung sa main solo lang, pero yung aggressive picking before the solo at yung fills, I believe kay Tremonti na yun...

Kahit naman si MT aminado na masmagaling daw si Myles kesa sa kanya... For me, hindi naman siguro pero para sa akin, mas-ok ang rhythm ni MT, lalo na kapag yung riffs... kasi kapag nagsosolo sya, puros technique talaga nawawala yun rhythm... magaling sya no doubt... pero minsan ang hirap sakyan ng solo ni MT... MT pa rin ang pinaka-idol ko nonetheless...

AB Rulez!
Click Here

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 09:42:52 AM »
tindi no? im a big big fan of alter bridge!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I play guitars for EMBERCORE | LITA'S CURSE | BLUNT CONCEPT

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 03:12:59 PM »
It's been a week that i've been listening to AB III...and OMG this is just another epic record by ALter Bridge...

My favorites so far are:

Slip To The Void - very dark, and perfect first track song...starts off with Myles' sounding very deep then explodes into the heaviness of the guitars! \m/

Isolation - so far the stand-out track, no wonder its the first single...love the intro and the chorus! \m/

Ghost of Days Gone By - can be classified as one one of their catchy songs, could be the next single maybe :D

Still Remains - one of the HEAVIEST songs on the album...there's that part in the middle with MT's short but sweet chuggin' ala James Hetfield style hehe very aggressive!  :evil:

Words Darker Than Their Wings -  This is just the perfect ending track! MK and MT's voices harmonizing is just heaven to the ears!  :-o

Overall: I'd give this an 8/10...MT as usual is epic and flawless on the guitar although one thing i noticed is his solos are sometimes drowned out by the muddy and dirty distortion of the songs, but still a beast!  :-D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:14:38 PM by feeldeeznuts85 »

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 03:03:24 AM »
nice!  :-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline opmpassion

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Streaming.

The only song I loved from this is Open Your Eyes. I might buy their album if this streaming turns out to be good!