hulika

Author Topic: Jamfest at Mag:net last night -- bingi na ako!  (Read 17733 times)

Offline dopedeeva

Re: Jamfest at Mag:net last night -- bingi na ako!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 07:38:54 PM »
bwahaha boys, behave! pero sige alang-alang sayo veggie joe, meet SHS QC Batch '98 (do the math!).

Tutal hindi naman kasi pumupunta girls ko sa gigs ko, pag birthday ko lang. so ayan, memories :D hulaan niyo sino chinicks diyan ni tele-tubby  :lol:  :evil:
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline Deacon Blues

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 09:54:15 PM »
Towards the fadeout of one of the tunes from the second set, I thought I heard what seemed like a piano-like trill rising above the din ..

I had to check twice, knowing that there wasn't any keyboard in sight. It turned out to be Tom E. ..  :-D Galing! I guess the guy doesn't get as much attention as he deserves ..
"No static at all ..."

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 01:25:48 AM »
I would be absolutely tickled pink to take another shot at the Allman Bros. tune named after the headstone at Rose Hill Cemetery  :wink:

i promise to learn the parts for "in Memory of Elizabeth Reed" well  :-) I just love the groove you guys build up on it, and Joey P. just shines!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 02:43:35 AM »
bwahaha boys, behave! pero sige alang-alang sayo veggie joe, meet SHS QC Batch '98 (do the math!).

Tutal hindi naman kasi pumupunta girls ko sa gigs ko, pag birthday ko lang. so ayan, memories :D hulaan niyo sino chinicks diyan ni tele-tubby  :lol:  :evil:

i like the one with the 5 0'clock shadow :evil:

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 02:46:44 AM »
my vote goes to the short haired lady...  :wink:

what a head turner... right veggie?  :wink:

Ron Kirn

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 02:58:05 AM »

sige bro.  basta when the Upsilon guys go out to get you, just tell them you're left handed para you can spare your playing hand :lol:

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 03:40:07 AM »

sige bro.  basta when the Upsilon guys go out to get you, just tell them you're left handed para you can spare your playing hand :lol:

bwahahahahaha!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 04:43:08 AM »

hahahahah! i'll pass the word around for safety's sake then... i need both hands! they can have my feet  :lol:

Ron Kirn

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 05:47:47 AM »

They are all very pretty, except for the semi-cal with the 5 o'clock shadow...

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 08:19:51 AM »
may girls??? di ko napansin! crap, that means i totally geeked-out to the music (especially that giant steps tease  :-D). does that make me gay around guitars?  :-o

buti may inabot ako! sobrang appreciated after a really long day. you guys are crazy good! found out that flying headstocks are not my thing too. hehehe.

sign me up for the 'waiting-on-the-veggie-jam' thing! masusulsulan din yan one of these days. and it'll be good!  :evil:

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »
Sayang, micr0chimp, na late ka na dumating. Not because of the women but coz di ka na nakapag-jam. Love your playing and would have been great to hear you jam with the other gtrslingers.

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 10:00:55 AM »
naku salamat, ser! it's just that i enjoy the chance to soak in everything they do whenever i'm allowed. i prefer listening to the jam roster way way more than hearing myself flail blindly trying to keep up. the stylistic diversity is wonderful! i'm learning a lot!  at wala pa yata akong tapang. but i'd love to just groove away in the background. lalo na pag ikaw na naka spotlight! :-D

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 03:47:02 PM »
Towards the fadeout of one of the tunes from the second set, I thought I heard what seemed like a piano-like trill rising above the din ..

I had to check twice, knowing that there wasn't any keyboard in sight. It turned out to be Tom E. ..  :-D Galing! I guess the guy doesn't get as much attention as he deserves ..

We try to feature Whitey as much as we can, but only recently has he gotten the gumption to stand out in front of the band -- the guy used to try and hide behind the biggest house speaker he could find! I used to have to poke his back with the guitar to shove him out front.  :lol:

I would be absolutely tickled pink to take another shot at the Allman Bros. tune named after the headstone at Rose Hill Cemetery  :wink:

i promise to learn the parts for "in Memory of Elizabeth Reed" well  :-) I just love the groove you guys build up on it, and Joey P. just shines!

Game.  :-D

naku salamat, ser! it's just that i enjoy the chance to soak in everything they do whenever i'm allowed. i prefer listening to the jam roster way way more than hearing myself flail blindly trying to keep up. the stylistic diversity is wonderful! i'm learning a lot!  at wala pa yata akong tapang. but i'd love to just groove away in the background. lalo na pag ikaw na naka spotlight! :-D

Your number's up next micr0chimp -- flailing away is OK. Blues lang'yan. Make yourself known and grab an axe.

We'll keep on working on the veggie too. One day... one day....

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 09:39:21 PM »

dopedeeva,

uhmmm... names? names?! ... Anton wants to know!  :wink:

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2007, 01:04:53 AM »

dopedeeva,

uhmmm... names? names?! ... Anton wants to know!  :wink:

hahahahahah! veggie! youuuuuu!!!  :lol: soliciting information at my expense, hahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bet really, dopedeeva, for the shy folks, i guess providing the names to the pretty faces would be a good thing  :-D don't worry, I intend to keep ALL my limbs intact and in working order  :wink:

Ron Kirn

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »
dd,

can you pm me kun sino single jan!

I did the Math...pwede!
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 05:31:31 PM »
Sana yayain uli ni DD yang girls nya sa next gig... para dadating din yung mga boys.  Eh di jampacked gig na naman!  ;-) 

I found the one at the bottom right the prettiest in person (*cough* ano nga *cough* name nya?), pero sa pic parang mas pretty nga yung iba.  Kasi naman, I wasn't looking (ogling?) as LONG and as MUCH as these other guys did!   :-P

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2007, 05:42:31 PM »
I am going to be very honest and say that I am quite dispapointed by the way this thread has turned out.  I mean whatever happened to talking about gear?  about tone?  about playing? You know, stuff that we as guitarists and musicians can really learn from.  If I wanted to ogle at pictures of girls, I would have gone to another web page.  But this is the Jazz & Blues Cafe of the Philmusic Talkboard, don't you think we should stick to the relevant stuff? :?

ok here's my contribution

:-D

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »
I am going to be very honest and say that I am quite dispapointed by the way this thread has turned out.  I mean whatever happened to talking about gear?  about tone?  about playing? You know, stuff that we as guitarists and musicians can really learn from.  If I wanted to ogle at pictures of girls, I would have gone to another web page.  But this is the Jazz & Blues Cafe of the Philmusic Talkboard, don't you think we should stick to the relevant stuff? :?

Gee, and I thought the whole point of playing guitar was to attract the wimmins...  :roll::wink: :-D

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »
Gee, and I thought the whole point of playing guitar was to attract the wimmins...  :roll::wink: :-D

sabi nga ni tone guru Mel Po in answering the question What made you decide to the learn guitar?  Babes.

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2007, 09:35:06 AM »
hahaha! ditto. ano pa ba rason para i-pondo ang 'more than words' at 'it might be you' sa acoustic???  :lol:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2007, 12:13:09 PM »

sabi nga ni tone guru Mel Po in answering the question What made you decide to the learn guitar?  Babes.

The above statements are absolutely true. And any heterosexual male who tells you different is lying through his teeth.  :-D (note the teeth) But that only applies to learning to play guitar.....

..... what drives one to GAS and tone obsession is........ toyo sa utak. It's simultaneously a disease, perversion, and a fetish of the most enjoyable kind.... :wink: and reportedly oftentimes lasts well beyond the ability of said heterosexual males to have their plumbing react, take action, and unclog the drains with regards to the Babes.....   :-P

Thank God these latter aspects remain completely theoretical at this point.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2007, 03:29:21 PM »
..... what drives one to GAS and tone obsession is........ toyo sa utak. It's simultaneously a disease, perversion, and a fetish of the most enjoyable kind.... :wink: and reportedly oftentimes lasts well beyond the ability of said heterosexual males to have their plumbing react, take action, and unclog the drains with regards to the Babes.....   :-P

Thank God these latter aspects remain completely theoretical at this point.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:-D :-D :-D hahahahaha

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 01:23:52 PM »
looks like the very pretty ladies will remain nameless...   :roll::-(    sorry na lang, Anton... :lol:

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 07:08:06 PM »
looks like the very pretty ladies will remain nameless...   :roll::-(    sorry na lang, Anton... :lol:

wahahaha i just got back from my 6-day tour of visayas so sorry for the delayed response. but yeah, my girls will remain nameless...mahirap na! mapupusok ang mga kalalakihan sa thread na 'to!

they're all taken by the way...

hopefully, they'll come to our gigs again some day. joric, the tisay girl on the right is a blues fanatic. ill bring her in one of our jook jams ;)