hulika

Author Topic: Life Hacks for Guitarists  (Read 36654 times)

Offline anjoesatriani

• Veteran Member
Re: Life Hacks for Guitarists
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2014, 03:36:58 PM »
para sa kumakapa ng kanta with Windows Media Player, at hindi pa din makuha gusto gayahin.

Ctrl + Shift + S = 50% speed nung track, note by note, tumbok na tumbok(malaman mo pa how sloppy or precise yung artist sa track).
Ctrl + Shift + N = back to normal speed.

P.S.
anyway madami ng media players ngayon like VLC, may ganun ding feature, (upto 16-33% speed!), but for almost 7 years subok na sakin yung sa WMP  :lol:

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2014, 04:22:27 PM »
para sa kumakapa ng kanta with Windows Media Player, at hindi pa din makuha gusto gayahin.

Ctrl + Shift + S = 50% speed nung track, note by note, tumbok na tumbok(malaman mo pa how sloppy or precise yung artist sa track).

P.S.
anyway madami ng media players ngayon like VLC, may ganun ding feature, (upto 16-33% speed!), but for almost 7 years subok na sakin yung sa WMP  :lol:

di ko alam ito my life was a lie!! naka winamp pa ako datipara lang may slomo  :eek:
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline jajacabel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »

P.S.
Iniiwasan ko na yung pag slowmo ng mga kanta pag kumakapa. Gusto kong sukatin yung ability ko dito tsaka para maimprove pa ko pa yung tenga ko :) ewan basta.. Hahaha

Offline anjoesatriani

• Veteran Member
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2014, 09:01:12 PM »
di ko alam ito my life was a lie!! naka winamp pa ako datipara lang may slomo  :eek:

i remember winamp, with multiple band eq, to enhance the typical crappy stereo speakers that days  :lol:

@jajacabel, i tried that one too, haha, but sometimes practicing slow is also the setup, to build speed. in my case nahihirapan ako sa ibang song na agad2 full speed.  :lol:

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2014, 02:06:20 AM »
On using tube Amps,

Turn the Amp on then smoke a cig or drink a bottle of beer.

After that, The Power Tubes have warmed up and ready,

And so are you.

Offline JunIbasco

« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2014, 05:34:55 AM »
Hello sa lahat! If you have an old CD Bag / Wallet, you can try this.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2015, 11:32:20 AM »
by the way if youre getting those DIY aluminum/ analok brown boards..that are mitered..a life hack to remove the Killer pointed edges is to hammer them flat to dull the point out..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:42:30 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2015, 11:38:32 AM »
i'm not sure if na-mention na:

para sa mga "nadudulasan" sa guitar picks nila

try scratching both sides with a knife. kahit anong pattern. did it to a bunch of old tortex picks I had...now I don't have to buy those expensive Eric Johnson jazz3s just for the grip.
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline crayzajhie

« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »
i'm not sure if na-mention na:

para sa mga "nadudulasan" sa guitar picks nila

try scratching both sides with a knife. kahit anong pattern. did it to a bunch of old tortex picks I had...now I don't have to buy those expensive Eric Johnson jazz3s just for the grip.

para sa madulas na pick . Laway mode lng katapat may grip na hehehe at isa pang pdeng solution pra may grip sa pick ay double sided tape hehehe

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2015, 03:57:49 PM »
From where I live madalas mag brown out...I think malawakan na 'to by summer once the power crisis kicks in.....

Thank God I have a USB-powered Creative SBS A50 and a G1XoN (w/c I rarely use now, pero dadalas na 'to as the summer heat nears) ....Then 2 Xiaomi 10400 mAh powerbanks to Power both devices....Super portable , fits in any backpack...and it's SURPRISINGLY LOUD !  .Dinala ko' to minsan sa farm na walang kuryente at solb na solb :wave:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:00:36 PM by KennyKen »

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2015, 04:02:32 PM »
From where I live madalas mag brown out...I think malawakan na 'to by summer once the power crisis kicks in.....

Thank God I have a USB-powered Creative SBS A50 and a G1XoN (w/c I rarely use now, pero dadalas na 'to as the summer heat nears) ....Then 2 Xiaomi 10400 mAh powerbanks to Power both devices....Super portable , fits in any backpack...and it's SURPRISINGLY LOUD and GOOD (for what it is) !  .Dinala ko' to minsan sa farm na walang kuryente at solb na solb :wave:

Offline aglozada

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2015, 03:46:56 PM »
pano pinapanatiling malambot ang strings? sabi nung kakilala ko, WD40 daw (yun yung ginagamit ng tatay ko pampatahimik sa gate namin. haha). ok lang ba yun?

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »
pano pinapanatiling malambot ang strings? sabi nung kakilala ko, WD40 daw (yun yung ginagamit ng tatay ko pampatahimik sa gate namin. haha). ok lang ba yun?

wd pangtanggal ng kalawang, dirt at grime..I use it, I spray the rug with some WD40 then I rub them string per string..up and down..

watch out for maple necks at nakakamantsa yung wd40 pag tumagal..

pero yung "pinapalambot" walang relationship sa WD40...sadyang may slinky or soft to the touch lalo kapag malaiit yung gauge...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2015, 01:27:59 AM »

make the most out your mono!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:50:09 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »
Tap the preamp tubes of your amp with a pencil eraser before practice to check for microphonics.

Offline bryantheanimal

« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2015, 04:08:42 PM »
alternate option at mas mura sa WD-40/zippo lighter fluid is denatured alchohol sa mga kanto hardware. less than 30 pesos kasing laki na ng gin bilog.

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2015, 06:23:43 PM »
Not sure how practical this is, but if you get picks with the thicknesses clearly written on the face, you can use these as thickness gauges for adjusting action. I like 1mm ones - I lower the action on my guitar, slip the pick in between the metal 12th fret and the string, and then while in playing position standing up, I raise the action until the pick falls off, meaning the action is around the same as the thickness of the pick.

If you want a more precise BPM setting on your TC Electronic Flashback's audio tapping feature, download yourself a metronome application on your smartphone. With the volume at full on your phone, set your desired tempo, activate audio tapping, and play the clicking tempo sound on your pickups Toneprint beaming style. The pickup will hear the clicking sound, which will then be analysed by the Flashback. Verify the precision by continuing to play the tempo clicks into the pickup while the Flashback repeats the click sounds in perfect time.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2015, 06:56:08 PM »
Not sure how practical this is, but if you get picks with the thicknesses clearly written on the face, you can use these as thickness gauges for adjusting action. I like 1mm ones - I lower the action on my guitar, slip the pick in between the metal 12th fret and the string, and then while in playing position standing up, I raise the action until the pick falls off, meaning the action is around the same as the thickness of the pick.

If you want a more precise BPM setting on your TC Electronic Flashback's audio tapping feature, download yourself a metronome application on your smartphone. With the volume at full on your phone, set your desired tempo, activate audio tapping, and play the clicking tempo sound on your pickups Toneprint beaming style. The pickup will hear the clicking sound, which will then be analysed by the Flashback. Verify the precision by continuing to play the tempo clicks into the pickup while the Flashback repeats the click sounds in perfect time.

goood stuff! especially about the pick trick :wave:
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2015, 08:01:01 AM »
goood stuff! especially about the pick trick :wave:

oo nga eh! mind blown!
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »
Here's one effective method for focused guitar practice when there's too much distractions around (facebook, tv, email, philmusic, etc.....)

The Pomodoro Technique

Oh yeah, it can be used on other tasks too...  :-D
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2015, 04:29:37 AM »
Di ko lang makita yung kahoy na drawing board ko dati. Pero mukhang pwedeng pedalboard yun, he he he.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2015, 06:16:52 AM »
I use a military type duffle bag 50" x 30" to fly around with 3 guitars in 3 hard cases. Checked in lang as one luggage. Just make sure to secure the cases together with a luggage belt.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2015, 09:02:06 PM »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2015, 01:00:14 AM »
makadaan nga ng jolibee mamaya gandy  :wave:
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2015, 11:06:49 AM »
matagal ko na ginagawa ito. for tremolo equipped guitars (fender, floyd rose, gotoh, wilkinson, etc...)

cheap 3mm clear vinyl tubing - available at any hardware stores

measure and cut with scissors

insert into springs

spring noise gone  :-D

one roll can accommodate more than 20 guitars
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:14:32 AM by randymarsh »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx