hulika

Author Topic: Pawnshop Dilemma... The aftermath  (Read 6818 times)

Offline chipsdelight

Re: Pawnshop Dilemma
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 02:00:45 PM »
That will be a lessons learned to all of us. Avoid pawnshops as possible as we can. Better sell the pre loved guitar if our financial is falling down. At least you have the worth of your guitar, and to think positive way, iingatan siya ng taong mapapagbilihan mo. Unlike sa pawnshop na kapag nawala o nasira eh nganga tayo. And malay natin, kapag nakaluwag na ulit tayo, ibenta nya ulit sayo yung guitar with the same price. That will be better.

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »
Loan balance lang ang dapat magbago. Not an issue though coz nagstick sila sa original appraisal amount.

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »
Just want to share kasi sanay din akong mag pawn.  May mga cases din ako na di ko pa kayang tubusin kaya pay lang muna ako ng interest and everytime I pay the interest, they will go inside their vault and show my item I pawned for checking.

Well, pinapakita ba nila yung gitara mo sa tuwing magbabayad ka ng interest? At least na checheck mo kung okay yung gitara mo  kasi parang ang tagal ng nakababad sa tubig ng gitara mo.

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »
Despite the fine print of your contract, demand the full amount of the guitar.  Liability for gross negligence cannot be waived.  Write them a letter stating that you will file a complaint with the BSP.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 06:29:46 PM »
Here's a thought. Maybe you could still save the guitar? As long as the neck's not twisted, or if the fretboard is relatively flat, maybe all it needs is a good sanding?

Maybe you could take their 5k offer and use it to repair the guitar.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 08:44:26 PM »
Here's a thought. Maybe you could still save the guitar? As long as the neck's not twisted, or if the fretboard is relatively flat, maybe all it needs is a good sanding?

Maybe you could take their 5k offer and use it to repair the guitar.

A soaked guitar is damaged goods bro....Kumbaga yung mga fiber ng kahoy loosened na... yung kapit ng fretwires, screws and bolts ay mahina na and It will not hold string tension properly.

having said that, depende pa  rin sa severity, Pero kung ako, hindi ko na ire-restore yan

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »
A soaked guitar is damaged goods bro....Kumbaga yung mga fiber ng kahoy loosened na... yung kapit ng fretwires, screws and bolts ay mahina na and It will not hold string tension properly.

having said that, depende pa  rin sa severity, Pero kung ako, hindi ko na ire-restore yan

You may be right.

It's just that I've seen amazing stuff from luthiers onthe guitar forums. Have you seen how many guitars Gibson wrote off for disposal at the aftermath of the flooding of their factory? Lots of folks saying it's such a waste. Or where are the guitars getting sent to. Bottom line, speculation is that those flooded guitars are not being disposed because they got flooded, it's that they have to, so they can make insurance claims. How about sinker wood guitars. Are the wood fibers too loose then?

What im agreeing on is that it does depend on the severity, and it might be too much trouble. But he does get the guitar back, and some cash on top of it. Make the most of life.

Or going back to original programming he could just try and squeeze some more out of the pawnshop for their negligence. With threats of reporting to the authorities. TS already said he can't afford a lawyer, what are the chances our government will bend over and help the guy get his guitar's worth back?
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 02:00:59 AM »
Good idea..take the 5000 or if you could push it up to 8k...use it to refurbish and repair..relic is the way to go.its gonna have an interesting story to tell! (optimist view)…remember john mayer freezed his tbo.prototype .jaco carried his bass of doom everywhere without a case...and rory galgghers strat was dumped into a ditch in the rain or something..some lespaul dudes in northern cities place their guitars outside the cold and back in to age em...

I think..id save the body..and if the neck is bad now..just find a new fender neck..should be an interesting project..who knows baka theres mojo now sa guitar mo...and its a strat!!!! It can survive nuvlear meltdowns..hehe

Sabi nga nila water is lucky element! Sa fengshui storys..yung grand opening ng building na sumabog water  pipes..
Then nagthank you pa owners kasi super naging swerte yung business nila..

I myself have axperienced the fengshui effect of water..kala mo sa una bad..but everything after was really good!

May Mojo be with you! Swerte yan!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:05:00 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline ninevoltrhythm

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 07:14:56 AM »
update:

I already talked to the manager yesterday on phone.
Based from your replies, i think i might go for getting the 5k.

My fault for not taking the TERMS and CONDITIONS seriously. like i wouldn't thought of
it to happen since its in a descent pawnshop and the guitar is in a hard case.  :-(

Painful lesson indeed..

The manager promised me to give everything i pawned.
sana lang may pampalubag-loob (like ipitan nila ng gold bracelet, rolex watch or iPhone5 na
na remate na LOL)

sad to say we don't have much guitar doctors here in davao..

i'll make this a project strat the soonest.
purchase part by part here..

@gandydancer123 - love your comments sir!
                                 water! be good to me... :-)

@everyone- thank you2x
                    learned a lot from you...
                    i hope this post will help the future "pawnee" to READ the contents at the back..  :-D

update lang ako kung nakuha ko na
and na restore na ang strat ko.. :-)

successful transactions with:
wannabeguitarist|yjuangab|avatar|BossingBoss|Mondemonle|PLeSIM|spankyrigor|pao2pao16|PedalMax's Emil Murillo|G3MANIAC|drahcirnna24|andressito|Wheel|rockhouse|hahaha!

Offline mysmileyface

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 09:46:12 AM »
Good idea..take the 5000 or if you could push it up to 8k...use it to refurbish and repair..relic is the way to go.its gonna have an interesting story to tell! (optimist view)…remember john mayer freezed his tbo.prototype .jaco carried his bass of doom everywhere without a case...and rory galgghers strat was dumped into a ditch in the rain or something..some lespaul dudes in northern cities place their guitars outside the cold and back in to age em...

I think..id save the body..and if the neck is bad now..just find a new fender neck..should be an interesting project..who knows baka theres mojo now sa guitar mo...and its a strat!!!! It can survive nuvlear meltdowns..hehe

Sabi nga nila water is lucky element! Sa fengshui storys..yung grand opening ng building na sumabog water  pipes..
Then nagthank you pa owners kasi super naging swerte yung business nila..

I myself have axperienced the fengshui effect of water..kala mo sa una bad..but everything after was really good!

May Mojo be with you! Swerte yan!

Haha, very nice comment.

@TS: Yup, just take the 5k and start anew

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 10:44:41 AM »
Haha, very nice comment.

@TS: Yup, just take the 5k and start anew

Hahaha.feel good di ba??

ironic nga..enthusiasts would pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to relic artisans to achieve life like aging snd wear..hahaha..

May isa pa akong interesting story..there was a big music store here..and unfortunately a fire burned down their warehouse... And halos naubos lahat ng inventory nila..except for one fender american standard srat.. Being chinese guys sabi ng store clerks may swerte daw yun..an americsn guy bought it at firesale price..dirt cheap skb case and all..swerte!..haha
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline mysmileyface

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 12:59:58 PM »
Hahaha.feel good di ba??

ironic nga..enthusiasts would pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to relic artisans to achieve life like aging snd wear..hahaha..

May isa pa akong interesting story..there was a big music store here..and unfortunately a fire burned down their warehouse... And halos naubos lahat ng inventory nila..except for one fender american standard srat.. Being chinese guys sabi ng store clerks may swerte daw yun..an americsn guy bought it at firesale price..dirt cheap skb case and all..swerte!..haha

Big music store, hands Fender = Company Y yan siguro?!

Yup, haha napangiti ako sa comment mo super pampalubag-loob. Yun na nga lang gawin, keep na lang and take the 5k. Pwede pa naman siguro yung wood, at alam ko pwede pa yan no matter what condish it is. I wonder if pwede patuyuin nang husto using a sack of rice?

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »
Much as I want to spread good vibes as everyone, I cannot stand that the pawnshop is taking advantage of our fellow forumer.

On the 3rd paragraph of Section 4321P of the BSP Manual of Regulations for Non-Bank Financial Institutions - Pawnshops (COPY HERE), it states:

Pawnshop owners shall be liable for any pawned item
lost or destroyed arising out of their negligence, fault,
delay in delivery or willful violation of the loan agreement.

The 2nd paragraph of the next succeeding sections states this naman:

The pawnshop shall return the pawn in the same
condition when they were first pawned by pawner, upon
full settlement of the loan.

IMHO, the clause limiting their liability runs contrary to those provisions of the rules, and thus void.  Pawn shop is liable, therefore, for the full replacement (or repair) costs.

Just something for you to think about before finally settling. Regret's a bitch.

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
And please stand by may discourse pa ako about general waivers and how it cannot affect a party's liability for things that cannot be reasonably foreseen when the contract was perfected. Like how you never even imagined na masisira yung gitara mo while in their possession.  It goes into the consent element of the contract.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:01:34 PM by greasykid »

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2015, 02:40:20 PM »
good share @greasykid. if i am at the ts's shoes...i would definitely fight for my cause. these kind of abuse that the pawnshop is doing to their clients is unacceptable.

btw, ts if you are still there. you are from davao...bring up this issue to your mayor. probably duterte will be interested it listening to your case.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2015, 03:40:29 PM »

i'll make this a project strat the soonest.
purchase part by part here..

update lang ako kung nakuha ko na
and na restore na ang strat ko.. :-)

Probably for the best. ^-^

Good for you and I hope a restore thread is in the works soon! Your story makes for a much more interesting strat, to be honest.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline voldemort

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »
sa akin lang, if the pawnshop can get away that easy for their negligence, this will not be the  last time.

kaka stress yung mga pictures, sakit sa dibdib.
makalyo ang daliri

Offline ninevoltrhythm

Re: Pawnshop Dilemma... The aftermath
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2015, 08:41:20 PM »
It's alive!

page 1  :-D
wannabeguitarist|yjuangab|avatar|BossingBoss|Mondemonle|PLeSIM|spankyrigor|pao2pao16|PedalMax's Emil Murillo|G3MANIAC|drahcirnna24|andressito|Wheel|rockhouse|hahaha!

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2015, 09:33:44 PM »
kaya it pays talaga to have some reserves so one will not have to sell something very precious to them.

easier said than done but that's what we should strive to achieve...

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2015, 09:38:37 PM »
all's well that ends well.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2015, 02:14:42 AM »

congrats sir,buti na lang at naayos pa.
Shot na!!!

Offline ninevoltrhythm

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2015, 05:48:23 AM »
kaya it pays talaga to have some reserves so one will not have to sell something very precious to them.

easier said than done but that's what we should strive to achieve...

Yep, learned bigtime talaga..
You're right. may savings pero iba ang pinaggamitan.
Pero nag save na ako without my wife knowing..hehehe
For G.A.S

@shoegaze geezer and @igor
\m/

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2015, 09:44:32 AM »
now theresca guitar with a good backstory! enjoy her! glad to see shes back in action!beats hundred thousand peso faked relic guitars..hehehe
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2015, 07:44:55 PM »
nice, i think you got your guitar the nash treatment...insta relic?

Offline ninevoltrhythm

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
now theresca guitar with a good backstory! enjoy her! glad to see shes back in action!beats hundred thousand peso faked relic guitars..hehehe

Thanks @gandydancer123

nice, i think you got your guitar the nash treatment...insta relic?

yep. insta relic.. :-)