hulika

Author Topic: Blue Jean Junkies  (Read 11161 times)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »
na email ko na bro...hehe...she remembers me daw at sayang d daw kami nakapag bonding masyado...hehe..kinilig ako doon a! :lol:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »
Quote from: blues2death
na email ko na bro...hehe...she remembers me daw at sayang d daw kami nakapag bonding masyado...hehe..kinilig ako doon a! :lol:

bilis ah!  parang fast and the furious!
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 04:38:02 PM »
Quote from: toybitz

bilis ah!  parang fast and the furious!

got her number na....hehe nyc here i come...joke lang po
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 06:23:53 PM »
pa plug na din...

gig kami tomorrow night at Tavern in the square, Greenbelt 3.

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
I think they're more classic rock inspired than a blues band... they always sorta remind me of The Rolling Stones, or is that just Nino channeling Mick...

the first incarnation of the junkies was really more an art/glam/punk type band heavily influenced by the velvet underground, bowie etc. there was a conscious effort not to be too bluesy. the first drummer was actually a percussionist (toni bernardo) and the bassist was actually a guitarist (coco coo) the stones were an influence early on but more the countrified stuff...

it was only later on when the lineup stabilized that it became more a blues rock band in the traditional sense

bitoy: sino na lineup nyo ngayon?
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 04:39:28 AM »
Quote from: chuck sabbath
Quote from: pinoymusika
I think they're more classic rock inspired than a blues band... they always sorta remind me of The Rolling Stones, or is that just Nino channeling Mick...

the first incarnation of the junkies was really more an art/glam/punk type band heavily influenced by the velvet underground, bowie etc. there was a conscious effort not to be too bluesy. the first drummer was actually a percussionist (toni bernardo) and the bassist was actually a guitarist (coco coo) the stones were an influence early on but more the countrified stuff...

it was only later on when the lineup stabilized that it became more a blues rock band in the traditional sense

bitoy: sino na lineup nyo ngayon?

Uy Chuck!  You're the MAN!  Nice of you to fill in!  The Junkies now a days are bluesier than before.  Yep, a very strong hint of rock/punk still resides.  In fact Nino's last compo was very punk.  And a song before that, very Zeppelinish naman.  But we haven't really gotten to nail the newest of the new songs.  We jam to it before but now Nino's very busy with his wifey.

Current line up:

Nino:  Vox/Guitars(lead and rhythm)
Zann: Guitars (lead and rhythm) aka Tele Tubby of Snakecharmer(rocks!)
Miggy Matute:  Bass (former Maegan Aguilar)
Bitoy:  Drums (former Word of Hope Cubao, Capital City Alliance Church and 14 yrs strong at Alliance Fellowship Church)

Here's a bunch of musicians who've been a part of Junkies since I joined.

Armand Quimpo (Wally Gonzalez)
Kakoy
Jun Lopito
LC de Leon (Reklamo, Naked Tongue)
Loren (Junkies and Heavy Traffic)
Noel Duegena (drummer, Pinwheel)
Minco Fabregas - drums (Color It Red, vox/gtr for Pinwheel)
Bassist of Pinwheel (couldn't remember the name)
Eric Hernandes (bass, Huka ang Mr. Crayon)
Chad (bass, Sound and Liquid Jane)

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 05:07:58 PM »
Quote from: bestcritic2006
crappy band, crappy lineup,crappy style!

all crap!

uy!  Thanks!

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 06:07:57 PM »
Quote from: bestcritic2006
YOU'RE WELCOME TOBITS.....

LOVE YOU

CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Uy, flattered ako BETCRITIC2006!!

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 08:59:39 PM »

chuck, i was quite shocked to learn kaw pala orig na guitarist ng BJJ, especially since I have the Salamangkero tape 8)  

and yes, actually what i love about BJJ is the country aspect (Dead Flowers, Let it Bleed)  and i love playing the orig "the Show" although these guys dont really love it that much haha...

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 09:18:27 AM »
hey guys:

bitoy: si rico baldonado yung pinwheel bassist, former inquisition etc.

tele tubby: you know the first demo of "the show" i gave to nino was a straight up punk song, double time hehe, somehow naging honky tonk...

good luck to you guys

ps. ran into miggy matute pala here in davao when urbandub came over, gulat ko pag labas ko sa c.r., si miggy! :shock:
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 10:27:19 AM »
itong si chuck, idol ko from sunvalley in pque.....tropa ko si loren bro.when his band mutiny would play sa dredd, sumabit ako minsan.

anno domini....with inyaki on drums(whose sister was an acquaintance of mine) and zoom(or soom-whatver)...the first time i saw a three pc band perform live.

playing stuff like 'tales of brave ulysess', sabbath stuff like 'war pigs'...in fact sila ang una kong nakita na nagsasabbath--live.

kaya ako gusto ko ding mag power trio---chuck is an early influence.

welcome brother!

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 11:38:36 AM »
hey man you know what goes around comes around...im not actively doing rock and roll (musically im jamming with a reggae band (gaucho) here in davao playing keys :shock: and doing my electronic stuff: http://tinyurl.com/oc83j) but you young bloods are an inspiration and i always think about playing in a rock band again...thanks for the kind words 8)

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »
Yun si Rico nga!  Thanks Chuck.

Yup, Nino mentioned that "The Show" was originally really fast.  Sometimes, I refer to Nino as "The Show".

Tele Tubs, si Miggy yun tamad na tamad ng tugtugin ang Show.

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 12:22:08 PM »
hey man you know what goes around comes around...im not actively doing rock and roll (musically im jamming with a reggae band (gaucho) here in davao playing keys :shock: and doing my electronic stuff: http://tinyurl.com/oc83j) but you young bloods are an inspiration and i always think about playing in a rock band again...thanks for the kind words 8)

im in cali right now...but i always dream of retiring in a place like davao or cebu.because of the food and music....in that order. ano nga palang pangalan ng 'square' dyan where bands play?

may napanood ako dyan na banda na puro long hair at ung singer naka-crutches kung kumanta sa stage. si felipo laypi ata yun.

and chuck, 33 yrs young na ako. remember si loren naging tropa ko..hindi kami nagkakalayo sa edad.

sorry OT...the best pa din junkies. that time in the beach where we met toybits?..for everyone in the dark, i was in a showband then....firstcircle yun...anyway, deep inside i always want to get back into blues rock mode. kainuman ko si nino nung gabi...in passing sabi nya, 'you gotta do what you gotta do man'.

and that's what ive admired about the junkies...stick to your guns....

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 05:46:34 PM »

im in cali right now...but i always dream of retiring in a place like davao or cebu.because of the food and music....in that order. ano nga palang pangalan ng 'square' dyan where bands play?

may napanood ako dyan na banda na puro long hair at ung singer naka-crutches kung kumanta sa stage. si felipo laypi ata yun.

and chuck, 33 yrs young na ako. remember si loren naging tropa ko..hindi kami nagkakalayo sa edad.

sorry OT...the best pa din junkies. that time in the beach where we met toybits?..for everyone in the dark, i was in a showband then....firstcircle yun...anyway, deep inside i always want to get back into blues rock mode. kainuman ko si nino nung gabi...in passing sabi nya, 'you gotta do what you gotta do man'.

and that's what ive admired about the junkies...stick to your guns....

Yup, I subscribe to that motto too, but if I was in your position where most showbands are making more than underground bands..I would not hesitate to do sideline if I had mouths too feed.

You are a responsible blues man Jon, and I admire you for that!

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 05:46:39 PM »
weeeet weeeet.  taxiiiii!!!

freakin classic! hahaha

Offline okives

• Veteran Member
Blue Jean Junkies
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2006, 06:48:22 PM »

Chuck Fournier astig to!!! Anno Domini to Mutiny to BJJ idol ko na to.. Anno Domini.. one of the best power trio sa pinas yan... sayang nga lang your not that active sa rock n roll scene in manila nowadays...

Yup last time i heard nga you we're doing those electronic stuff there in davao... questions lang po sir : Where is Sum Go right now? He's been my main inspiration why i started playing bass.. lupet sa groove hehe... I know he's been "the bassist" of those three bands of yours that i mentioned but i don't see him around lately din... Is he also in davao playing electronic music?

In any case you wish to go back playing rock and roll again and you need a bassist.. just contact me... i'll be your humble servant and lay down the groove for you anytime!:D

Good luck with whatever music projects your in right now... I know guys here in philmusic supports every local artists in every music genre.. walang "crab mentality" dito hehe :D

Rak En Rol!!!
Check out our band sampler : http://www.myspace.com/3logy Rak En Rol !!!