hulika

Author Topic: How do you prepare for Church service?  (Read 4160 times)

Offline loubs_king

How do you prepare for Church service?
« on: September 06, 2013, 10:32:08 AM »
Share nyo naman po yung mga bagay-bagay na ginagawa ninyo before ng service, for example, tuwing kelan at paano ba kayo nagprapractice? Stage preparation? At madami pang iba...
Suggest po kayo para mag-improve yung service, what do you do? :)
-------------------------------------------------
Loubert
loubs_king@yahoo.com

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: How do you prepare for Church service?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »
We pray before the service starts.  :-D

Anyway..... Worship team usually be the first one to be in the church every Sunday. We set all our gear (pedals, guitars, wiring, mics, cymbals, PA). After nun, soundcheck talaga. mga isang pasada ng isang kanta. tapos isesetup na din yung lights, kung san mas babagay. hehe we also do videos or music before the service starts. panglibang lang sa mga maaaga na members..hehe.

And I think that's the usual na ginagawa bago magstart.hehe.
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline Brewstein15

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:24 AM »
kami nagseset-up na pagdating sa church...After that,pag kumpleto na yung mga members,we pray.
Soundcheck din kami ng one song,after nun tigil kami kasi may pini-play na reflection video before the P&W starts para sa mga early attendees kaya kailangan tahimik.
We also join in engaging other attendees para feel nilang welcome sila...
references: Zakiya897, Llever_custom, amorkulasisi, mikko21ganja, ryann, darxide_chronology, hwan, brax_monster, zero44, renmarquez, rowell.sales

Offline jolam1431

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 11:56:49 AM »
Same din sa amin, we make it a point as part of the discipline that we should be at the church at least one hour before the service starts... Because we have already made our practice during Saturday afternoon, so bale, prayer, sound check (usually one slow at one fast pace song) at final checking of the stage aesthetics/decors na lang ang gagawin. After that play ang lang ng mga inspirational videos....

Syanga pala mga kapatid, baka meron kayong ma share dyan na mga 5mins countdown that will serve as worship inspiration videos na rin.

Thanks at God bless sa lahat.

Offline samyueru14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »
sa amin kpag mga hapon 3pm nag sset up na kami tpos rest. tpos prayer ng mga 10-15mins, and  un  mag sstart n ang service for about 4:30pm. pero s umaga prayer nlng at konting sound check

Offline ken14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »
Kami po prayer and devotion before practice, tapos pag sunday prayer and devotion din po. Yung mga na practice namin na sequence kinabukasan ng sunday hindi rin na susunod, pag nag flow po talaga kusa nalang lahat

Offline iAmSorry08

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 06:46:43 PM »
sa amin po sa youth service or practice namin, may devotion muna kaming mga musicians 15-20 mins. then setup, soundcheck and yun na.  :-)
Dapat Tama

Offline circle

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 09:57:30 PM »
Kami rehearsals the day before. Tapos service time, we come in 2hrs before mass for last min soundchecks and rehearsals. Songs are provided days before the service. Syempre prayers before and after each session. :)

God bless.

Offline niroh

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 12:42:34 AM »
tuwing thurs ang practice for sun., fri. or sat. naman ang youth (sat. due to students ang karamihan ng music team)

week before ng prac. naibigay na ang line-up ng songs. . ., depende din minsan sa ptr./speaker kung may ipapadagdag or papalitan na song

the day before service, tech./sound guy, sinisigurado na namin na ok ang mga gamit na gagamitin, cables, instruments, sequence ng song, etc.

devotion/prayers before prac. or service, may prayer din after the whole day of work at church.

Offline badfinger

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »

Kami we prepare ourselves spiritually, that anything we do will not be for any of us but for God.

Offline david_leyson

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »
 :-D :-D :-D

sa Satuday Youth Service:

Saturday 10:30am setup everything from speakers to amps, mics to lights, projector screen to instruments.

pahinga unti then by 1pm devotions til 2pm.

kapag Sunday service:

a good saturday night sleep, why? you don't go to battle weak. you have to be physically and spiritually strong.

before 7am dapat nasa church na for rehearsal ng lineup  ^-^ ^-^
Faith Hope and Love, but the Greatest of these is Love.

Offline blueberry

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
we usually attend our dawn watch service at 5am. Then Worship at spiritual feeding yun ng mga tatayo for the am service. 

actually mejo tahimik ako before Praise and Worship starts or even sa rehearsals before the service. concentrate lang sa mga transition at arrangement ng mga songs. Pero calm and relax lang ako, hindi trying-hard Im just worshipping GOD. Pero anandun pa din kung kurot ng kaba na masasabi kong excitement para tumugtog sa BUHAY NA DIYOS.

my break kami ng 7-8am yun na yung time ko mag-warmup tsaka i-recall ang mga guitar parts ko.  metronome for warming ups w/c I find very effective.

God bless everyone

Offline ejecruz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 10:17:25 AM »
1.) Sleep early on Saturday night.
2.) Wake-up early on Sunday morning to have my devotion for 30-40 mins..
3.) Have a good breakfast.
4.) Arrive early at church to warm-up and review the line-up.
5.) Pray for the right heart before the worship
Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Offline bladecutter_ph

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 01:48:14 PM »
Wow these experiences are very helpful.

Recently joined a music ministry in Las Pinas, and putting my piano talent for our P&W. May I ask if you guys, aside from the keyboard role, are the one's leading the vocal arrangement, voice practices of the P&W team? Or is this task given to another member?

Offline loubs_king

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 10:29:34 PM »
Wow these experiences are very helpful.

Recently joined a music ministry in Las Pinas, and putting my piano talent for our P&W. May I ask if you guys, aside from the keyboard role, are the one's leading the vocal arrangement, voice practices of the P&W team? Or is this task given to another member?

In our church we have a Leader on worship team  8-), the whole worship team, and a leader in musicians :idea:, a leader in vocals :-o, and a leader in dancers :razz:.

The arrangement will depend on the worship leader :wave: or the one who will lead on a particular song...
But still they are open for suggestion :? to improve the things we are doing...  :)
-------------------------------------------------
Loubert
loubs_king@yahoo.com

Offline bladecutter_ph

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:26 AM »
In our church we have a Leader on worship team  8-), the whole worship team, and a leader in musicians :idea:, a leader in vocals :-o, and a leader in dancers :razz:.

The arrangement will depend on the worship leader :wave: or the one who will lead on a particular song...
But still they are open for suggestion :? to improve the things we are doing...  :)

Thanks Brother. I think with the size we have, the Praise & Worship leader is overseeing the overall music ministry for the entire chapter (las Pinas). Soon we'll have new small chapters and regular choir mainstay, however I maybe joining them all since I'm the only keyboard player for now. It's good to have team leader for Vocals, and maybe instruments, depending on the size and services frequency.  :)

Offline eug

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »
During service ba hindi nawawala musikero ninyo after praise and worship? Sa likod naka pwesto tapos wala ng dalang Bible ang ingay pa...pupuwesto ulit sa unahan pagmalapit na mag pray si pastor.  :wave:
"Live your dream"