hulika

Author Topic: i know this should go sa fashion thread but...  (Read 1936 times)

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
i know this should go sa fashion thread but...
« on: January 13, 2006, 09:49:31 PM »
just want to ask u.. wat should a female musician wear.. if she plays

Blues
Alternative
Metal
Jazz
Ska
Emo Pop
Emo PUnk
Punk
Punk Rock
Metalcore
Admitted AC Rock
etc...

i know it's just part of being a musician.. but it's stll a part, isn't it?

so please share your thots!
 :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
Louis Armstrong
 http://akibanda.multiply.com  MSG RJUR PATAK BY ABS COMBO to 2959

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 11:13:53 PM »
i think a musician (male and female) can wear anything for most of those genres 'cause only a few of those actually have a "look" that goes with them. i'll try to show you what most female musicians look like in those genres with a look though...

SKA

lolita no. 18 they're a punk band though but i've noticed a lot of people into ska have the same fashion sense as them in this picture.

EMO

http://www.myspace.com :D

PUNK this is the look that started all the other rock looks, in my opinion. anything radical/different is good! and if you're not getting any stares from people then you're doing it wrong! torn/ripped up t-shirts and jeans; plaid; crazy hair (mohawks and [gooey brown stuff]); make-up is good too but you might be mistaken for a goth by some people (depending on what you're wearing); etc... basically, a degenerate look, haha. like you're a trouble maker. :D

brody armstrong (the distillers)

lolita no. 18

siouxsie sioux (siouxsie and the banshees)

METAL a bit more plainer than the fashion styles above. lots of black; leather; plain black t-shirts or band t-shirts; long, messy hair; tattoos; etc... basically, a "tough" look.

that chick from arch enemy

otep shamaya (otep) i know, [gooey brown stuff] band but i can't think of anyone else right now. :P

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 05:44:20 AM »
Her birthday suit.

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
s
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 04:20:51 PM »
thanks po for the pics and info. :D but how about jazz..? what do contemporary jazz artists wear? is there any source of these clothing(in ur posts) her in th phiLs.? or no choice but to DIY? thnks a lot. :o
There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
Louis Armstrong
 http://akibanda.multiply.com  MSG RJUR PATAK BY ABS COMBO to 2959

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:26:10 PM »
like i said, all those other genres don't really have a look sooo... i dunno. i'm sure most female jazz musicians look more "proper" and classy than punks and metalheads though. :P

and yeah, it's best to d.i.y. when it comes to punk fashion 'cause it's a big part of the culture. also, you'll get a lot of [gooey brown stuff] from other punks if they find out that you bought ready made stuff from somewhere like hot topic or something. :lol:

Offline screaming mango

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 02:23:03 PM »
Quote from: year2apocalypse
like i said, all those other genres don't really have a look sooo.......other punks if they find out that you bought ready made stuff from somewhere like hot topic or something. :lol:

Nicely said.

And I agree, "looks" today cross-over on most cases.
But if in doubt, you cannot go wrong with a simple white button-down shirt, nice fitting jeans, and hair tied at the back or  just hangign loose.

Those "looks" were for cinematic effect. And when you perform live you'll realize basic clothes make for comfy gigs.

Unless, of course, you are touring with KISS . . . .
scrEaMing
        mANgo's
malice and mayhem