hulika

Author Topic: G.A.S DAY REPORT - SO MUCH WIN  (Read 50170 times)

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
G.A.S DAY REPORT - SO MUCH WIN
« on: April 11, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »
Dear everyone,

Thank you so much for making the event ANNUAL MUSIC GEAR SHOW - NATIONAL G.A.S. DAY 2010 a huge success!

I would like to thank (of equal importance)

Philmusic.com (Sir Jim) for letting me promote my event in the forums. (Sorry for the cross posting, I wanted everone to see it) \m/

Our truly great and epic artists that brought the house down: (these guys are just broooootalz)

EVEN - Jam, thank you for your attendance last night. I know the whole day was hectic for you guys. I really liked your performace. At least now I can say that I saw Even perform live. And at my show. \m/
FUSEBOXX - Year 3. I just love these guys. Ever supportive. Thank you thank you thank you!
PENGUIN 627 - Happy peroformance as always. Nong, Kat, Thank you.
FLOOD - Sosi. haha. PJ, moar girls next time. Lulz.
YUMMY INSTANT MOMMY - Loved it. Pboard fail? Meh. You don't take care of your gear. Lulz. Dude, why the hair? haha. But thanks for performing at my event. Year 2 na kayo. Haha. Congrats to your Bassist for winning the Elixir bass strings.
PUSAKAL - Bunny, thank you for helping me out here by launching the show. You guys really sounded great with those amps. I really like them. Amazing performance.

The participation of our friends in the luthery, custom creations, and music gear industry:

BAMFX - I am in awe of his work. I really liked the tone of his amps. Jobet, now you know. \m/
ELEGEE GUITARS - Sir Jon, thank you for attending. This is the 3rd year that you have helped me out. Let's make it bigger next year. A lot bigger.
KALIKOT AUDIO - You son of a .... You just got drunk! Lulz. People, he's back. Wait for the ultimate broooootalz.
KUSTOM AMPS BY MODULAR DISPLAY - Sir Alvin, I truly appreciate you powering the event with Lyric. I got so many responses that "that's not the usual gear is it?" I hope they can change all their equipment to what you have. Too epic. "buong buo" lahat ng tunog ng mga banda. Super Solid.
LYRIC MUSIC STORE - Sir Gep, as with Alvin, thank you so much for providing the drumset for the event. I made a realy good choice in making you guys do it.
NELLDEN MUSIC COMPANY - Jeff, where's my extra strap? Congratulations on your sales man. MONO is da bomb. No doubt.
NICAI STOMPS - Nicko. I told you so. Remember what I told you. It's gonna be bigger next year. Guaranteed.
PJC MUSIC - dude, bring moar girls next time. Enough for everyone. The testosterone levels on the even and on the GAS Day thread are too much. Balance it out. Seriously, this guy made me worry about the space. He got 4 slots. + teh chicks. Deym.
The Music Source - Dax, Dax Dax! I truly appreciate your participation. Nice demo man. Looking into those pickups after I heard it live from you.

I would like to ask the other local builders to join in next time.
Jmorerro Pedals
Sebastienn Custom Pedals
Reijimago
Sub Zero Fx
Numero Unoh
Mahavishnu Custom Pedals
MarkV Electronics
Talentado Arts and Shirts
Gnarly Clothing and Shoes
Guitarfix
Guitar Hospital
Arcee
Roadtone
Guitar 911
Max Rufo Guitars
kenzu0911 power supplies
demoboi pedal boards
abstract pedalboards
bumbum gigbagas
darkus cases

there's more.

I would like to congratulate Chad Robles for winning the Pedal Train Mini via Mind Control. I woke up today with a different ticket in my hand. And it wasn't your number. Seriously, congratulations man. Next year, it's a bigger Pedal Train.

Congratulations as well to all the winners of the prizes from PJC Music, Modular Display Pro, The Music Source, LOA Studio, Epic Tone Music Company, Lyric Music Store.

To everyone that attended the event. Thank you so much. It would never have been possible if not for all of you. A special mention to our host Erika who did a really great job in hosting the event. Magnet staff for providing a great service. And I would like to thank Paolo (Kurtcobainer) for relentlessly shooting photos throughout the whole event.

As a token of my appreciation, to all the exhibitors and bands that performed in this event and the past two, I will be putting up a directory on my website so that eveyone can access it when they need help in repairs, custom work and info on our local stuff. Yes. All of them.

That's all I can think of now. I will be updating this thread again.

All the best,
Lorenzo
A.K.A Turiguiliano
www.epictone.com

GAS DAY FAN PAGE - http://www.facebook.com/pages/GAS-DAY/116971598315129
PJC Music Facebook page - PJC MUSIC

In...

Mico, you smile will echo throughout eternity

Photos by Stay Defiant

Kalikot Audio/Cacophony

Turi's board

Visual Sound

BAMFx

Elegee

Other pedals

Photos by kurtcobainer

Turi's board!!!

... and of course..

Here's one with progressive_pilipinas

The bands that played are:

Pusakal

Forgot this bands name.. Sorry

Yummy Instant Mommy

Flood

Penguin..

Fuseboxx

Even

Teh WINNARS ARE:

.. Madami pa yan! But this guy got the best of 'em all!

Mr. Chad Robles got the Pedal Train Jr.!

They even gave away free picks!

Glad to meet the faces behind the usernames! Until next GAD day! :-D

Congrats Turi for and EPIC & successful event! 'Till next time. I hope I win a Lava, bahahaha!!! :lol:

Habol! Gig Effects from jefisipbata & Nellden Music.

Danelectro from Lyric.

Moar pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13495&id=100000564207601&saved#!/album.php?aid=13495&id=100000564207601

Photos by samishellacool

MORE TO COME...

Photos by progressive_pilipinas
my turn haha:

progressive_pilipinas and BAMF - had my guitar scalarized.

ahhh more gear to try out!

erika and turiguilliano giving out prizes!

and the pedaltrain jr winner? Chad Robles. hahaha

bro ang sarap ng ngiti mo ah. WIN!

The event was a success! thanks to turigilliano for planning and having the vision to gather musicians in an epic display of GAS inducing gear. Thanks to the people who never get tired of creating gears and bringing in gears to the pinoy musician. Mabuhay ang musikerong pinoy!

LOTS OF DISCOUNTS THAT DAY! NEXT TIME KAILANGAN MAY GAS MONEY NA DALA. KAYA PAGHANDAAN NA NGAYON PALANG!

heto pala mga new friends ko rin, pau ako rin meron kala mo kaw lang ha? hahahhahaa

END.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:05:01 PM by turiguiliano »
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: G.A.S DAY REPORT - R_E_A_D NAO!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:20:10 PM »

NICAI STOMPS - Nico. I told you so. Remember what I told you. It's gonna be bigger next year. Guaranteed.

Oops. It's "Nicko". Hehehe. Thanks for the great deal man. Congrats too! It was nice and awesome having this as my first. More to come! Keep rocking! :-D

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 06:43:26 PM »
ang hassle talaga at may gig ako kahapon... :x

oh well, there's always next year.

Offline kingthomas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:51:28 PM »
oi Nicko, nakuha ko na gitara ko. Salamat sa pagbalik. Sabi pa nga ng kuya ko na yun yung gitara na gamit mo for demoing your pedals. Naging part pa ng GAS day gitara ko. Pumunta ako, pero mga bandang 11 pm na ako dumating. Sayang wala ka na nun. Hehe.  :mrgreen:

At gusto ko magpasalamat kay sir Turi, for all the beer and food stubs you gave me. Sulit. Pero feeling ko mukang mas nag enjoy pa rin kuya ko. Mas nakarami siya. Hehe.  :lol:

Offline sinosimelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »

wahahaha natawa ako dito!

i love that "look in your eyes" man... very, very, very nicey nice nice.  :evil:

Offline thrash666

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:37 PM »
Ganda nung apat na babae  :-D, sana sila na lang yung pwede itry at testing  :lol:

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »
oi Nicko, nakuha ko na gitara ko. Salamat sa pagbalik. Sabi pa nga ng kuya ko na yun yung gitara na gamit mo for demoing your pedals. Naging part pa ng GAS day gitara ko. Pumunta ako, pero mga bandang 11 pm na ako dumating. Sayang wala ka na nun. Hehe.  :mrgreen:

Mismo bro! Hahaha! Di ko nakilala utol mo nung una. Sayang! Dapat sinabi mo! Pinasubok ko sana yung pedals :-D

Offline mojokat

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »
Panalo ang GAS day! Thanks for inviting us to play again Turi! Kat here from Penguin627! GAS DAY!
Penguin!
http://www.facebook.com/penguinmusic

Offline fish_shtick

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »
WEEE!!! saya ng GAS day! Thanks Turi for the strings.

Offline bazgrol0413

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 07:23:18 PM »
awesome event! had a hell of a fun. how much for a new set of ears? might need one. lols! congrats turi!  :evil:
References: turigilliano, kulas, micsis, bh, deltaslim, Saturn/Return, spankyrigor, ejbasses, Red_Strat, alvin_ching5782, alvinratsim, mandoytz, trix, jetleebog, BrianLP, mr.brownstone, ajct3, yahu, weeping_demon, scofield, lovecore, teleclem

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »
I won a Lava Cable!!! lol
Suwerte! Thanks Turi! Anlakas nung ZT!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:25:13 PM by Bolt Thrower »

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
YUMMY INSTANT MOMMY - Loved it. Pboard fail? Meh. You don't take care of your gear. Lulz. Dude, why the hair? haha. But thanks for performing at my event. Year 2 na kayo. Haha. Congrats to your Bassist for winning the Elixir bass strings.

First of all. Thanks for having us. It's always a pleasure!  :-) Congratulations in organizing an amazing event!

As for my board. Natanggal yung contact sa loob doon sa "removal" wire to the wall socket. I'll reconnect it and "heat shrink" it. I was surprised nga walang ganun since it's twist to lock. In an awkward angle it can slowly loosen.

I hope that you invite us next year. I promise to bring more chicks! Ang problema lang after our set umaalis sila eh. HAHA.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »
SI PAPOTZKI TULOG PA RIN!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
ang daming pics ni progressive pinas sa mga chix haha.. lakas!  :lol:
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah

Offline studiowan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 08:05:14 PM »
ha ha! buti kasabay ko umuwi yun, kung hindi baka nakarating na ng bicol yun malamang :mrgreen: GAS day is awesome! had a blast! salamat sir turi, sa mga na meet ko salamat! masterchoxter, red hot,cacophony, sir mico ong, sana monthly may gas day para lagi tayo nagkikita kita!

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »
ha ha! buti kasabay ko umuwi yun, kung hindi baka nakarating na ng bicol yun malamang :mrgreen: GAS day is awesome! had a blast! salamat sir turi, sa mga na meet ko salamat! masterchoxter, red hot,cacophony, sir mico ong, sana monthly may gas day para lagi tayo nagkikita kita!

lol! mkuhang minsan mangyayari yan. 19 bottles meng. hahahahaa. wild.
thanks man! next time mas malaki. haha. togs kayo ha. bakasyon nalang kayo sa May. hahahaha

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 08:50:37 PM »

Bwahahaha.

Dapat forfeit yung kay Chad. Lava cables yung gusto nya eh. Tsaka di kasya yung Tonelab SE nya sa pedaltrain mini.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 09:03:19 PM »
19. Congrats sa Pedal train mo na bago. hehe.

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 09:06:39 PM »
@turi - you are very much welcome! you are the man! it's a success!!!

@chawi/PJC - thanks for the giveaways, the great gear.. and yeah, the eye candies  :-)

@Gep / Lyric / Modular - salamat! thanks for letting me try out the Tokai guitars! Kustom amps rock!

@jefisipbata - ayus! isa kang alamat!

@BAMF - thanks for the support! your amps are freakin' loud! yeah!

@cacophony - isa ka pang astig! salamat!

@Kuya Jon / Elegee - ano?!? ha??? naririnig mo ko? salamat ha! special delivery na lang order mo! ha? OK ba?!?!
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

at sa lahat ng dumayo, nakihalubilo, nag-testing, bumili, tumingin, nagtanong, nabingi, nalasing; SALAMAT!
rakenrul!!!  :lol: :lol:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:48:21 PM by dakuykoy »
Yes, I'm no longer affiliated with TMS

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 09:07:07 PM »
Yeah hehe, may utang pa ako. lol! Phaser papi!!! I won't be getting another volume pedal, and might not use a wah, di na kasya sa board pala. LOL!

Kasya yan. Unleash your tetris skillz.

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 09:20:25 PM »
Had a great time @ GAS day. Sooooooo much gear, soooooo little cash. Masterchoxter, red_hot, kidkash, ponky26 (love your PRS, man!) and everyone pati yung mga nag-test sa booth ni Jeff. Astig kayo lahat!

Turi, thanks a lot, man! The 300+ pics are still here with me. Burn ko nalang sa CD bro, hahaha!!! You da man!

This was my first time to attend GAS day, grabe! Ang saya! Sa mga performers:
- Pusakal - Great set!
- Doki - Galing nyo!
- Yummy Instant Mommy - Astig!
- Penguin627 - Hahaha, galing! Mojokat (I'm now a fan!). Pati yung drummer nyo, lupet!
- Flood - Galeng, pare!
- Fuseboxx - Laglag panga ko.
- Even - Nalaglag nanaman panga ko tapos gumulong-gulong pa!

The best! Looking forward to the next. :-D

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »
Had a great time @ GAS day. Sooooooo much gear, soooooo little cash. Masterchoxter, red_hot, kidkash, ponky26 (love your PRS, man!) and everyone pati yung mga nag-test sa booth ni Jeff. Astig kayo lahat!

Turi, thanks a lot, man! The 300+ pics are still here with me. Burn ko nalang sa CD bro, hahaha!!! You da man!

This was my first time to attend GAS day, grabe! Ang saya! Sa mga performers:
- Pusakal - Great set!
- Doki - Galing nyo!
- Yummy Instant Mommy - Astig!
- Penguin627 - Hahaha, galing! Mojokat (I'm now a fan!). Pati yung drummer nyo, lupet!
- Flood - Galeng, pare!
- Fuseboxx - Laglag panga ko.
- Even - Nalaglag nanaman panga ko tapos gumulong-gulong pa!

The best! Looking forward to the next. :-D

300??????????? Dude, how are you gonna watermark all of those? I want all of them. Lulz. Thanks man!

Offline samishellacool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »
My favorite day of the year so far! Thanks Turi for organizing this event!  :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »
300??????????? Dude, how are you gonna watermark all of those? I want all of them. Lulz. Thanks man!

Lightroom bro, hahaha!!! :evil:

I luff you Lightroom!

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »

wahahaha natawa ako dito!

i love that "look in your eyes" man... very, very, very nicey nice nice.  :evil:

waaaaahhh!!!! well you guys missed tons in this event. =)
The fretboard is a vast universe.