hulika

Author Topic: [question] What effects/gadget/pedal/ was used...  (Read 2937 times)

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
[question] What effects/gadget/pedal/ was used...
« on: February 24, 2006, 09:54:59 PM »
...sa song ng Boston na More Than a Feeling? mainly yung pa-chorus na, yung riff nun (heavy sha pero mild pa rin, gets nyo) i'm after that sound. and yung ginamit sa solos. ang GANDA!!!
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 12:12:09 AM »
Boston's guiarist Tom Scholz, MIT mechanical engineer, strated his own company called Scholz Research & Development which ended up making his gears called ROCKMAN which became his sound. If you want to get the same sound or close to it I suggest you check the ROCKMAN products. Unfortunatelly, SR&D/ROCKMAN closed shop and stooped making these guitar products. So, you may have to hunt a liitle harder for used ROCKMANN gears.

http://www.boston.org/tom.html

Check Ebay US. They have a bunch of those units for bidding.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 12:17:22 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
Boston's guiarist Tom Scholz, MIT mechanical engineer, strated his own company called Scholz Research & Development which ended up making his gears called ROCKMAN which became his sound. If you want to get the same sound or close to it I suggest you check the ROCKMAN products. Unfortunatelly, SR&D/ROCKMAN closed shop and stooped making these guitar products. So, you may have to hunt a liitle harder for used ROCKMANN gears.

if i remember it right, my auntie has one and was giving it to me... i wasn't big on it though...
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 01:23:35 AM »
Quote from: fretburner
Quote from: stratman1

if i remember it right, my auntie has one and was giving it to me... i wasn't big on it though...

sana you still have it or nasa auntie mo pa. mejo interested aco eh. :)
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 01:47:07 AM »
I'm not even sure if that's the exact unit... but whatever that rare thing was, it's still with my Auntie... I might reunite myself with it on April and do another go at it... It was like a mini-rackmount distortion (not a stompbox).
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."