hulika

Author Topic: anong pipiliin nyo? RJ guitars or fernando guitars?  (Read 63781 times)

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anong pipiliin nyo? RJ guitars or fernando guitars?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »
RJ guitars.... Fernando guitars use PLYWOOD for their body. RJ guitars use premium woods for their's. Great difference in tone.

Wow. Where'd you get that info? Amusing..

Offline manilacoke3

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »
+1 sir

ang LP ng RJ is agathis body which is a substitute for mahogany ito ung ginagamit sa squiers and ibanez na mic kaya malapit ung tone sa epi les paul na warm tone but agathis is not as solid and doesnt sustain as much kasi hindi kasing dense ng mahogany. Its a little heavy kaya it might fool you na mahogany ang body. As for Fernando tama yun alder nga ata and its also good so its just your choice. I still think RJ les paul is a little better but doesnt mean Fernando is not any good.

Some RJ LPs back in 2004 were made of mahogany. My Goldtop is one. Anyway, none of them make their own guitars. They buy from Korea.
1993 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
1996 Squier Pro Tone Series Fat Strat MIK
2011 Epiphone '59 ES-335 Limited Ed. CS

Offline dirazon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 07:09:38 PM »
Some RJ LPs back in 2004 were made of mahogany. My Goldtop is one. Anyway, none of them make their own guitars. They buy from Korea.

sir may link ka ba ng Goldtop mo? Patingin naman. Naghahanap ako ng Goldtop na RJ may darating daw ngayon December pero agathis ulit un.

Offline elstupido

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 04:57:05 PM »
Maybe the ones you have are the good ones. I heve repaired a few fernando guitar and basses kasi. And it turned out that their body where made of plywood /plyboard. Kaya some of the screws on the body are easily loosened. 

Offline killjom

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 09:32:55 AM »
Maybe the ones you have are the good ones. I heve repaired a few fernando guitar and basses kasi. And it turned out that their body where made of plywood /plyboard. Kaya some of the screws on the body are easily loosened. 

sir may picture ba kayo? curious lang po ako..  :-)
Fear neither fire nor blood.

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 02:06:14 AM »
ANy ideas kung anong wood gamit nila sa RJ tele nila?
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline Johnny Sniper

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 08:35:15 AM »
di ko trip logo ng rj.
If you think there's good in everyone...                                          you haven't met everyone.

Offline killjom

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 10:05:58 AM »
lahat naman ayaw sa logo nila e  :-D
pero may logo sila sa strat dati na ok  :-(
Fear neither fire nor blood.

Offline ZeroForceXXVII

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 06:56:35 PM »
i have a Fernando LP copy that's over a year old.  :-D

mine's not the unique series, but it had a bonus...
Epiphone 490R neck and 500T bridge pups.  :-D

as far as playability is concern, i've been gigging with it using stock hardware until late last december. i had to replace the kluson-styled machines with gold gotoh machine heads that i just recently acquired (which meant modifying the headstock to have 10mm holes instead of 8mm). the bridge stays okay, although the saddles wear out easily, and have to be replaced, i would say, at least every year (if you gig with it like every week).

neck has a truss rod, which i haven't touched at all. maybe because i was using gauge .008 strings (because of carpal tunnel syndrome), leaving the neck with the least bit of tension, even at E# tuning (for some Black Crowes songs).

tailpiece studs are kinda fragile, and so do the bridge studs, so be careful in adjusting the tailpiece heights. the studs itself get eaten by a standard screwdriver really quick, so you have to be extra careful. plus, the output jack loosens up pretty quick, so you have to be gentle in pushing/pulling the plug.

compared to the RJ LP copy (which was another choice for me before i had my Fernando), weight appears to be evenly distributed. although the finish doesn't appear the same on both guitars, i would say that mine looks good at any angle, although the RJ has a lot of nice finishes available. plus, the tone appears to be different as well. the Fernando (since mine was modded already from out of the box, i tried a stock guitar instead. both stringed with .010 sets, and plugged straight into an MG15CD Marshall amp) sounded warmer, more round and heavy with the least bit of gain on any pickup setting, ideal for rock, blues or metal applications. the RJ, IMHO, sounds a bit thinner, as if you're playing Jazz, although the sustain appears okay though. with a little tweaking, you can get a real fat sound from the guitar, and you can use it to play rock, blues or metal. both guitars need its pickups to be properly set prior to getting your optimal playing performance and listening quality.

overall, if gauging the guitars on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), i give the RJ's a good 7, and the Fernando a whopping 8 for the reason that they have very good tone and sustain considering the fact that they are very affordable guitars. if we were to compare a Fernando Unique LP copy against the RJ, now that's totally different. maybe the Unique would get a scandalous 9 on my scale.  :-D

then again, my review is a bit subjective, so you should really rely on your taste. listen on how the guitars sing for you, how comfortable you can play the guitar while sitting down or standing up. most guitars have different weights, so you have to take that into account (you might have difficulties playing a guitar that makes you feel uncomfortable, regardless of weight).

sensya na, mahaba ang sagot ko po... i hope i didn't bore anyone with my post. di naman po lecture ini... hehehe

btw, i just remembered what a friend of mine said about guitars and players....

"wala sa pana iyan, pare... nasa indian yun..."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:40:09 AM by ZeroForceXXVII »

Offline ParanoidAndroid

• Netizen Level
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 09:47:54 PM »
magkanu po ba ang unique series ng fernando tsaka my mga tele copy din ba sila?
jonny greenwood is the controller

Offline rayannsupershredder

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 10:44:08 PM »
e yung mga 7string na RJ ba ok? n :-)atanong ko lang..

Offline ZeroForceXXVII

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 12:37:00 AM »
e yung mga 7string na RJ ba ok? n :-)atanong ko lang..

you might want to check bro xelalien for that...

calling xelalien... hehe

magkanu po ba ang unique series ng fernando tsaka my mga tele copy din ba sila?

you may want to refer to this thread instead... lots of info regarding your desired axe here:

Code: [Select]
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,89321.0.html

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »
onga those old RJ ventures sound really good, na phase-out na ba yung ventures line?

yan din ang una hinanap ko sa rj sm annex wala na yung ventures kasi yung friend ko meron sya na strat kamukha ke yjm. pangit yung mga porma ng gitara dun sabagay di naman talaga sila gumagawa ng gitara import lang naman nila sa korea saka tinatatakan.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline istipen

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2009, 12:55:38 AM »
YUng mga fernando po ba ano yung kahoy?
ang alam ko kasi yung mga strat at LP ng RJ mahogany....

Offline cleancrunch nix

• Netizen Level
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 08:27:39 AM »
When I bought my fernando telecaster copy from JBmusic the salesman told me the body was alder...not too sure how much alder costs, because my telecaster copy was quite cheap (despite it having a maple fretboard and it being a string-thru tele) but it has great tone!

I also bought a fernando electric/acoustic dreadnought, and my luthier friend told me the back and sides were mahogany.

Obviously I'm a fernando guy.  :-D Awesome bang for the buck, if you choose carefully. :-)

Offline keida

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »
the new rj thinline tele's with bigsby styled tremolos look really beautiful though.
need a photographer? check my work: http://xkeidax.deviantart.com http://flickr.com/photos/xkeidax
-to see with eyes unclouded by hate -

Offline edjohn01

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »
mga bro! panu ba tinatanggal yung logo sa may headstock na hindi naapektuhan ung pintura nya???

Offline lord4dark

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2009, 11:50:58 AM »
anybody ever tried the new RJ GT series? I visually liked the acoustic-electric Flying V and it only costs P1.4K! I haven't checked how it sounds, maybe next week I'll get one.

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »
Both? :roll: :-D

Offline ZeroForceXXVII

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 06:39:56 AM »
anybody ever tried the new RJ GT series? I visually liked the acoustic-electric Flying V and it only costs P1.4K! I haven't checked how it sounds, maybe next week I'll get one.

tried the cheapo RJ acoustic/electric hybrid that they had, and all i could tell you is that they sound like sh*t... not really worth buying if you're planning in including it in your arsenal of stage guitars... you'll know exactly what i mean when you get to touch one. it is visually appealing though, in the same vein as the Dean Acoustic V, but having 3 or 4 slots instead of 1 gaping triangular sound hole.

however, i'm not one to put down the effort of RJ to bring these cheap guitars to the masses, i would safely say that it's still one of those guitars that you can grab, and use as your main axe in the "inuman-sa-kanto-kasama-barkada" sessions. very light, and easy to play (neck and frets are a bit rough though). i'm sure that if you grabbed the Flying V inspired one, you'll be an instant hit with the passers-by, and your barkada as well.  :-D

overall, ranking the guitar on a scale of 0-10, 10 being the highest, i'd give the guitars a decent 4.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 07:42:42 AM »
I played a Fernando strat when I was in the Philippines and sounded and felt really good..... like my AmDeluxe. I think it goes down to proper setup and right amp.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 03:29:03 AM »
I played a Fernando strat when I was in the Philippines and sounded and felt really good..... like my AmDeluxe. I think it goes down to proper setup and right amp.

pssst.. ang pickups diay

Offline DrDeathRNMD98

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »
I tried and tested the RJ Flying V at SM North Annex as well as there in Glorietta 5 and all I can say is it is pretty awesome soundwise, the built is quite durable, and the guitar was a setneck, for longer sustains! I think bumaba yung presyo, when I last saw it at MOA, it was around 9,500+ but now, it just costs around 7k++. It was made in Korea so expect it to be at a better quality. The customer service at both branches are uberly satisfying, very helpful people indeed. What I liked most was when I tested the guitar, hindi sila yung binabantayan ka at nakikialam na akala mo eh maraming alam, I really took some time, and I was quite happy about it, and this week, I'm gonna buy me a RJ Flying V, ohhh yeahh...  :evil:

Offline DrDeathRNMD98

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:11 PM »
I tried and tested the RJ Flying V at SM North Annex as well as there in Glorietta 5 and all I can say is it is pretty awesome soundwise, the built is quite durable, and the guitar was a setneck, for longer sustains! I think bumaba yung presyo, when I last saw it at MOA, it was around 9,500+ but now, it just costs around 7k++. It was made in Korea so expect it to be at a better quality. The customer service at both branches are uberly satisfying, very helpful people indeed. What I liked most was when I tested the guitar, hindi sila yung binabantayan ka at nakikialam na akala mo eh maraming alam, I really took some time, and I was quite happy about it, and this week, I'm gonna buy me a RJ Flying V, ohhh yeahh...  :evil:

nga pala, san po ba ung mga ibang branches ng RJ guitar center? alam ko na yung sa MOA, sm north chaka glorietta 5.

Offline aero-zep

• Netizen Level
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2009, 11:29:43 AM »
mga bro! panu ba tinatanggal yung logo sa may headstock na hindi naapektuhan ung pintura nya???

niliha ko hanggang ma tanggal tas ako na nag repaint nakuha ko lang yung tips sa net  :lol:

its a rj firebird copy mahogany daw body and neck binenta ko kase mabigat tsaka yung frets parang inaamag :lol:joke! need lang ng cash :lol: pero ok ang pag ka warm tone nya! antiquity style pups!