hulika

Author Topic: Hello :) Newbie here  (Read 1449 times)

Offline imeextraordinary

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hello :) Newbie here
« on: May 20, 2014, 03:45:27 PM »
Hello! Newbie in the house, yo :-P

My name's Imee, I'm mainly a band vocalist but I also write and perform my own songs, sometimes alone and sometimes with my band. Been writing songs since maybe 12 years ago, but I have a lot to learn (as in, hahaha!). My first onstage performance was when I was 6, and my first paid gig was when I was..hmm I think 11? But those were covers, so... :p Oh, I play guitar and piano decently enough, as I was self-taught. If I have the time, energy, and money, I'd like to pursue lessons for those and for voice, because I believe we should hone our craft and there's always room for improvement :)

I was also a student of Center for Pop Music back in the 90s (haha, hello Celine Dion songs!) but now I focus mainly on my music which is a nice mix of alternative/pop/rock. I'd like to think of my band (8 Moons of Jupiter) as too pop for rock but too rock for pop. Saktong trip lang, hehe. I was also in a cover band called The Saboteurs for about 2 years, and we played mostly OPM and international alternative/rock songs, usually for our office events.

Anywho! I love indie music, especially indie OPM and indie British bands, but I listen to a wide spectrum of music. Signed or unsigned, mainstream or not. I go to a lot of concerts and gigs, mainly to appreciate those bands and singers that I respect, but also to discover new music. Like, for example I go to a gig to watch my friend's band, and of course there's other bands lined up and I end up liking them too :)

Looking forward to discovering new music and friends here! :)

Offline rickbig41

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Hello :) Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
Hello!! welcome to the Forum...  :)
Those who did not learn from history are meant to repeat it...

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »
Welcome to the community Imee! Enjoy your stay with us! From your brief bio you're extraordinary indeed...  :-D
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 07:10:48 AM »

welcome  :wave:

pix please  :-D
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline imeextraordinary

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
Hihi. Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!  :-D