hulika

Author Topic: OD/Distortion shootout/guessing game  (Read 6101 times)

Offline markflo

OD/Distortion shootout/guessing game
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 06:33:45 AM »
heheh...pare!!! cured nako sa GAS!

gigs naman habol ko ngayon...para di masayang gamit!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 10:16:31 AM »
Quote from: markflo
nice overdrives with the "MARKFLO SEAL OF EXCELLENCE"

...and the nominees are...

1)Digitech Bad Monkey - the only thing stopping me from buying this one is the fact that it won't fit in my board anymore... :(

2)Boss SD-1 - ok na ok to lalo na pag naka mod ng keeley...

3)Boss OD-3 - This is the BEST, i say, BEST production overdrive pedal i've EVER heard...panis ang tube screamer, miski keeley ts9...

4)Xotic BB preamp - the most natural sounding od in the market (for me)...mahal nga lang...kaya medyo hassle...

anyway...yun lang...

Sir Mark, if you were to choose between Bad Monkey and OD-3, which one would you choose?

Offline markflo

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 10:18:32 AM »
Boss OD-3 meng...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 10:20:54 AM »

1)Digitech Bad Monkey - the only thing stopping me from buying this one is the fact that it won't fit in my board anymore... :(

3)Boss OD-3 - This is the BEST, i say, BEST production overdrive pedal i've EVER heard...panis ang tube screamer, miski keeley ts9...

4)Xotic BB preamp - the most natural sounding od in the market (for me)...mahal nga lang...kaya medyo hassle...

anyway...yun lang...

okay which one would be good as an OD sa clean channel and a gain boost sa dirty channel (na hindi masyadong or will never color your amps gain)....sa linista mo.

what can you say about these MFrs here:
AC Booster
Jekyll and Hyded daw ( yung pula )
MI Audio Blues Pro
MI Audio Crunchbox
MI Audio Blue Boy
Jacques Tube Blower

problema ko din ...I don't have a guitar equipped with an SC...for that SRV sound.....looks like I should get a strat first huh?
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 10:33:49 AM »
Question:
How can a Dyna Compressor function as a gain boost? I asked in another forum and this guy said that....he said just keep the compression to a minimum.

Is this true? ano ang tone lalabas? ( when using amps gain only(dirty channel......no OD pedal)

Offline markflo

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 10:59:41 AM »
MI Tube Zone!
BB Preamp!

a compressor sounds best with just overdrive...with full on distortion, you won't hear the difference, maybe when you raise the output of the compressor, you'll hear a bit of gain boost (provided that it comes before the distortion)

Quote from: Phil

anyway...yun lang...

okay which one would be good as an OD sa clean channel and a gain boost sa dirty channel (na hindi masyadong or will never color your amps gain)....sa linista mo.

what can you say about these MFrs here:
AC Booster
Jekyll and Hyded daw ( yung pula )
MI Audio Blues Pro
MI Audio Crunchbox
MI Audio Blue Boy
Jacques Tube Blower

problema ko din ...I don't have a guitar equipped with an SC...for that SRV sound.....looks like I should get a strat first huh?

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 12:57:57 PM »

anyway...yun lang...

Bro nde ba may peavey bandit ka rin? Have you tried the modded sd-1 on it? Makapal ba ang tunog? how about the od-3 on it?

What I've tried is the ts-9 on bandit using hi gain setting...ayos lang, it cuts trhough, kaso medyo nakakabawas ng low end... :?
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline markflo

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
ang maganda sa od-3...very natural yung tone niya...very creamy yung pag drive niya ng amp...parang malagkit yung tunog niya...miski solid state...after i sold mine, i tried one sa sam ash...roland cube yung amp na gamit nila with the boss pedals...ok parin! not as good as with the tube amp though, pero nakakaloko narin kasi parang tube amp yung characteristics niya...ok na ok pang push din kasi di naman super dami ng gain niya eh...literal, overdrive lang talaga...

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 01:17:23 PM »
Mark I remember you were playing a guitar with HBs last EB natin...how the hell did you get that SRV sound, bro?

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2006, 01:33:50 PM »
ang maganda sa od-3...very natural yung tone niya...very creamy yung pag drive niya ng amp...parang malagkit yung tunog niya...miski solid state...after i sold mine, i tried one sa sam ash...roland cube yung amp na gamit nila with the boss pedals...ok parin! not as good as with the tube amp though, pero nakakaloko narin kasi parang tube amp yung characteristics niya...ok na ok pang push din kasi di naman super dami ng gain niya eh...literal, overdrive lang talaga...

ah oki... ma try din nga od-3...okay naman ako sa hi gain ng bandit kaso bitin wen playing pinch harmonics, so I use the presence knob. Kaso i find it very sterile sounding...so i use the ts-9 then turn the presence knob off, pang boost lang ng konti...
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary