hulika

Author Topic: TWO MULTI FX AT THE SAME TIME  (Read 6656 times)

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
TWO MULTI FX AT THE SAME TIME
« on: August 20, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
I just wana share what I did to my rig. So from my endless search and trades I ended up with this equipment.

Guitar: Custom LP by Elegee
Amp: Hot Cabs 10W
FX: Nux MFX-10 & Boss ME-70

I connected the two multi's at the back of the amp with the Nux coming first. The Nux only served as a pre-amp and cab simulator and the ME-70 as my stomps on manual mode. Who would have known that the possibilites are endless. Now I will have to tinker more to get very good sounds out of these two machines. But I'm thinking of changing the Nux to a POD 2.0 coz from what I've heard, Line6 does a good job with simulators.

I will post some sound clips as soon as I get my tones organized.

I have always been fascinated with multi-effects so I'm sticking with it. No offense to the stomp box guys, it's just that I feel like I can get more from the multi than using a chain of stomps  :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a personal thang  :-D :-D :-D

Any comments would be highly appreciated... If you guys got some tips please share... I'm more than willing to take criticisms and suggestions  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline El Mariachi

• Veteran Member
Re: TWO MULTI FX AT THE SAME TIME
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
same like my current setup bro..multi-to-multi

GUITAR  ==>  ZOOM G2NU ==> BOSTON OD ==>  ZOOM G3 ==> AMP
                           ||                                                      ||
                           V                                                       V
                 DIY TAP TEMPO                         ZOOM FS01 VOLUME PEDAL

it's a hybrid setup actually but the multifx takes the major role, especially in modulations, delay, Cold-Clean tone and ambient sounds.. =]

I play mostly in church and sometimes jamming with friends [urbandub, franco, linkin park and incubus].. ganyan ka-versatile pag naka multifx, from soft majestic sound [church songs] to Hard head-banging sound [secular songs].. happy jamming sa setup mo bro!

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 09:02:48 PM »
same like my current setup bro..multi-to-multi

GUITAR  ==>  ZOOM G2NU ==> BOSTON OD ==>  ZOOM G3 ==> AMP
                           ||                                                      ||
                           V                                                       V
                 DIY TAP TEMPO                         ZOOM FS01 VOLUME PEDAL

it's a hybrid setup actually but the multifx takes the major role, especially in modulations, delay, Cold-Clean tone and ambient sounds.. =]

I play mostly in church and sometimes jamming with friends [urbandub, franco, linkin park and incubus].. ganyan ka-versatile pag naka multifx, from soft majestic sound [church songs] to Hard head-banging sound [secular songs].. happy jamming sa setup mo bro!

and I thought I was crazy for having 2 multi-effects  :lol: :lol: :lol: that G3 rocks!

Offline El Mariachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »
and I thought I was crazy for having 2 multi-effects  :lol: :lol: :lol: that G3 rocks!

thanks sir! as you've said, It's a personal thing.. hahaha.. :-D

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
I did the same with my POD xtl and my zoom g5. I had my pod xtl running direct to amp and G5 in the fx loop.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 09:30:56 PM »
I did the same with my POD xtl and my zoom g5. I had my pod xtl running direct to amp and G5 in the fx loop.

Kamusta naman bro? Win ba? Mukhang pinili mo yung G5 noh? Hehe

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 09:42:58 PM »
^ Talo Xtl sa features eh hehe.

Offline El Mariachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
huwaw! astig bro! Black all the way! porma ng setup mo..  :mrgreen:

hahaha di ko napansin yun ha  :lol: :lol: :lol:

yung fretboard lang ang white

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »
^ Talo Xtl sa features eh hehe.

OT:
Musta naman amp sims bro? Sino lamang?

@Hetfield
Kung panalo amp sim ng nux go mo na yan!  :-)

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
OT:

@Hetfield
Kung panalo amp sim ng nux go mo na yan!  :-)

kahit china itong Nux bro e nakuntento ako sa Amp and Cab simulators niya... maganda naman... yung mga gusto ko na tunog andun, e wala sa ME-70 hahaha kaya kailangan ko ng diverse na sounds para hindi nakakasawa  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
soundclip na lang... tatakbo na!

Congratz on you gear TS!

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 11:03:54 PM »
soundclip na lang... tatakbo na!

Congratz on you gear TS!

I will keep you guys posted... kinakapa ko pa yung mga tones na gusto ko... hopefully over the weekend I can make a sound clip of the multi's

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »
:) why is the NUX for sale sa classifieds?
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 12:09:32 AM »
:) why is the NUX for sale sa classifieds?

never ending GAS  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 12:20:04 AM »
never ending GAS  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kung pwede pag-isahin, isa nalang sana. Yun ang sagot tama ba? :lol:

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »
Kung pwede pag-isahin, isa nalang sana. Yun ang sagot tama ba? :lol:

Korek bro! M13 na meron expression pedal and lots of amp and cab sims... or my GAS killer the HD500 hahaha  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »
Korek bro! M13 na meron expression pedal and lots of amp and cab sims...

This is basically....

or my GAS killer the HD500 hahaha  :lol: :lol: :lol:

....this.

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »
This is basically....

....this.

Working my way up for the HD500 or maybe something newer in the coming months...

for the meantime, I will tinker with what I have now but still it will be up in the classifieds (except for the ME-70 though coz this is the third time I owned this kind of multi, and why do I keep coming back to the ME-70??? the dirt on this baby is driving me insane  :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »
OT:

Zoom G5 for me hehe. Shoot out natin yung dalawa when we meet.

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »
Zoom G5 for me hehe. Shoot out natin yung dalawa when we meet.

If only I were in Manila I would welcome a shoot out anytime and play with you guys  :-D it's one way to learn more about these gears that we all have... I wana try also the G3 and G5...

I'm yet to hold on a Digitech and Line6, these are the 2 brands I'm trying to get my hands on to, specially the Line6 multi's which have very good reviews like the HD series...

Most Pinoys get their tones sa FX and we seldom invest on amps, that's because most players are short of cash (i'm one of them  :-D ). That only shows our ingenuity and resilience by working within our means. We get what we want on the FX and we are contended, so why bother looking for kick-ass amps when we can get it on the effects. (I'm not starting World War III to amp lovers   :lol: :lol: :lol: wala lang talaga akong pambili ng swabeng amp sa ngayon  :lol: :lol: :lol:  )

Offline El Mariachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 03:55:43 PM »
If only I were in Manila I would welcome a shoot out anytime and play with you guys  :-D it's one way to learn more about these gears that we all have... I wana try also the G3 and G5...

I'm yet to hold on a Digitech and Line6, these are the 2 brands I'm trying to get my hands on to, specially the Line6 multi's which have very good reviews like the HD series...

Most Pinoys get their tones sa FX and we seldom invest on amps, that's because most players are short of cash (i'm one of them  :-D ). That only shows our ingenuity and resilience by working within our means. We get what we want on the FX and we are contended, so why bother looking for kick-ass amps when we can get it on the effects. (I'm not starting World War III to amp lovers   :lol: :lol: :lol: wala lang talaga akong pambili ng swabeng amp sa ngayon  :lol: :lol: :lol:  )

pareho tayo mentality sir.. due to lack-of-funds, priority buying ang ginagawa ko.. i invest on effects rather on expensive tube amps and will settle on a mediocre amp [50w solid state china made amp specifically, hehehe].. saka dun ng-stand-out effects ko [zoom for me] na kahit crappy amp ang gamitin eh maganda at buo pa rin ang tunog..

kaya minsan pag nasa guitar store ako at pumipili ako ng gitara.. ipapasaksak ko dun sa pinaka mura nilang amp para makita ko kung ngsstand-out ung gitara.. minsan kasi madadala ka sa ganda ng tunog ng gitara  pag nakasaksak ito sa mga top-of-the-line amps like marshall, fender, peavey, etc...

pero nevertheless, kung may breads.. GAS lang ng GAS.. mas oks kung top-of-the-line lahat ng gamit.. hehe..

resourcefulness counts and priority buying helps..  :-D

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »
pareho tayo mentality sir.. due to lack-of-funds, priority buying ang ginagawa ko.. i invest on effects rather on expensive tube amps and will settle on a mediocre amp [50w solid state china made amp specifically, hehehe].. saka dun ng-stand-out effects ko [zoom for me] na kahit crappy amp ang gamitin eh maganda at buo pa rin ang tunog..

kaya minsan pag nasa guitar store ako at pumipili ako ng gitara.. ipapasaksak ko dun sa pinaka mura nilang amp para makita ko kung ngsstand-out ung gitara.. minsan kasi madadala ka sa ganda ng tunog ng gitara  pag nakasaksak ito sa mga top-of-the-line amps like marshall, fender, peavey, etc...

pero nevertheless, kung may breads.. GAS lang ng GAS.. mas oks kung top-of-the-line lahat ng gamit.. hehe..

resourcefulness counts and priority buying helps..  :-D

trade-buy-trade-buy-trade
build lang ng build...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 08:37:04 PM »
So far I got to use 2 amp sims with common stomp configs on these babies. As I was playing I suddenly had this urge to try the stereo cable to connect the Nux and ME70. And what do you know, noise was lower, and sound was better (is it just me  :?)

anyone tried using stereo cables to connect their chain of stomps and fx?