hulika

Author Topic: ALTERNATIVE TO MANG RAUL  (Read 4033 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
ALTERNATIVE TO MANG RAUL
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:29:56 PM »
Yeah... I know he is busy.

Lately, I have been using Audio Amplified which is located along C5 libis.  Its on the 2nd floor of Madison Square commercial complex which has BIG GUYS PIZZA at the right side of the parking area and a Crispy Pata stall on the left side of the parking.  You cannot miss it because it is beside a spa 'na tinatawagan'.

Anyway, they are open from 10am-6pm, Tuesdays thru Saturdays.

Look for P.J. or Mark.  The rates are reasonable and usually are quick to fix guitar amps.  Not only that but they have a supply of German made Capacitors for audio use which makes it easier for them to immediately fix capacitor problems.  They also have chinese tubes.

I have decided to recommend them to help those on the forever wait list of Mang Raul.  By the way, they are less grouchy, too.  I cannot guarantee though that every repair goes without a hitch but so far so good FOR ME.  Besides if they deal with hifi tubes amps, I guess guitar tube amps are a walk in the park.

P.S. I have nothing to gain by endorsing them... I just want to share the love to those who cannot wait.  Also, I want to point out that I live in the area and near -- that's why it easy for me to have my amps repaired.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:01:27 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline j.escueta

Re: ALTERNATIVE TO MANG RAUL
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 10:32:09 PM »
Open pa pala sila?

Anyway, i tried their service already (As recommended by firemodel) a few years back.  And OK sila.  They fixed my blackstar HT5.  2 thumbs up. 

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:24:19 PM »
I'm more interested in that "spa na tinatawagan" establishment, though.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:50:51 AM »
Open pa pala sila?

Anyway, i tried their service already (As recommended by firemodel) a few years back.  And OK sila.  They fixed my blackstar HT5.  2 thumbs up.

Yup they are.  Thanks for reminding me.  I also thought they were closed.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:52:24 AM »

:drool: :-P

Offline dyames

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 11:15:32 PM »
+1  :-D
Successful transactions with:
Raikidoodles | obetski | Kyle Travers | rockchops_14 |  pusanghapon

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 10:09:56 AM »
That "spa-na-tinatawagan" called me...

oops  :eek:
zzzzzzz

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »
Wow, good to know there's a spot that does these repairs as well! Tend to agree that to them guitar amps should be easy work since Hi-Fi tube work is more demanding and has tighter tolerances.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 07:01:00 AM »
Wow, good to know there's a spot that does these repairs as well! Tend to agree that to them guitar amps should be easy work since Hi-Fi tube work is more demanding and has tighter tolerances.

This is the place my amp ended up in after our talk 2 weeks ago.  :-D

Learned about them from a friend who brought in a Blues Jr for a Frommel Mod kit upgrade 4 years ago. Very clean work and price is really reasonable. Nice people to talk to pa. Only issue then was that they installed a cap meant to discharge stored electricity in the circuit. In all fairness, that was the only item in the kit that didn't come with an instruction. They actually went out of their way to figure out where they thought it was supposed to be. It didn't hurt the amp and was eventually removed after it was discovered that the cap was for discharging purpose.  :-D

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 08:53:09 AM »
This is the place my amp ended up in after our talk 2 weeks ago.  :-D

Learned about them from a friend who brought in a Blues Jr for a Frommel Mod kit upgrade 4 years ago. Very clean work and price is really reasonable. Nice people to talk to pa. Only issue then was that they installed a cap meant to discharge stored electricity in the circuit. In all fairness, that was the only item in the kit that didn't come with an instruction. They actually went out of their way to figure out where they thought it was supposed to be. It didn't hurt the amp and was eventually removed after it was discovered that the cap was for discharging purpose.  :-D

Very nice! Are you sure though that the discharging piece was a cap and not a resistor? In any case, good to know your amp is working now.

Yeah, bleed resistors are always a point of debate for amp folks. On the one hand, it makes the amp more safe for service folks, but at the cost of losing some power because it bleeds some volts to ground even when playing live). In any case, I like having them cause they add a bit of sag to the tone but that may not be ideal if you want a super tight low end.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 08:58:22 AM »
Awesome. Medyo bad experience ko kay mang Raul e. Di niya madiagnose ng maayos yung C30 ko. He rewound my output transformer and charged me a fortune for it, tapos di pala yun yung problema. He told me to replace the tubes, tapos di parin yun. May pinalitan siyang capacitor, nope still not it. Tapos after like a year of not using the amp binalik ko sakanya tapos may crack daw pala yung isang poweramp tube socket. Sa ngayon okay na yung amp pero yung isang power tube medyo sunog na ata. Hassle. Laki ng ginastos ko tagal ko di nagamit yung amp. Thanks for this Alex.
hanggang ngayon hindi ko parin alam ang tunog ng ipis

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »
in
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline UselessFingers17

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »
Yeah... I know he is busy.

Lately, I have been using Audio Amplified which is located along C5 libis.  Its on the 2nd floor of Madison Square commercial complex which has BIG GUYS PIZZA at the right side of the parking area and a Crispy Pata stall on the left side of the parking.  You cannot miss it because it is beside a spa 'na tinatawagan'.

Anyway, they are open from 10am-6pm, Tuesdays thru Saturdays.

Look for P.J. or Mark.  The rates are reasonable and usually are quick to fix guitar amps.  Not only that but they have a supply of German made Capacitors for audio use which makes it easier for them to immediately fix capacitor problems.  They also have chinese tubes.

I have decided to recommend them to help those on the forever wait list of Mang Raul.  By the way, they are less grouchy, too.  I cannot guarantee though that every repair goes without a hitch but so far so good FOR ME.  Besides if they deal with hifi tubes amps, I guess guitar tube amps are a walk in the park.

P.S. I have nothing to gain by endorsing them... I just want to share the love to those who cannot wait.  Also, I want to point out that I live in the area and near -- that's why it easy for me to have my amps repaired.

Is this the establishment sa tapat ng dating shopwise yung may overpass?  :?

parang familiar kasi yang "spa na tinatawagan" eh  :wink: may paayusan pala ng amp jan

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 08:37:09 PM »
Is this the establishment sa tapat ng dating shopwise yung may overpass?  :?

parang familiar kasi yang "spa na tinatawagan" eh  :wink: may paayusan pala ng amp jan

Yes sa 2nd floor. Katabi ng spa. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 02:59:45 AM »
any alternative na sa south area? (near las pinas). got a busted hughes and kettner edition blue lying around.
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline toybitz

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 12:46:19 PM »
Can they modify effects?
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »
Ok yan ah.

Gusto ko paayos yung Bass Amp ko dyan. Or pwede kaya ipagbili na lang sa kanila for parts?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 07:26:39 AM »
Can they modify effects?

I think they can if you provide the modified schematics and bring the parts...

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »
removed post.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:52:55 PM by mozart123 »
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline Gravityman

• Netizen Level
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »
Does anyone have the contact number for this establishment?  :)

Offline Gravityman

• Netizen Level
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 06:16:55 PM »
Does anyone have the contact number for this establishment?  :)

Nevermind. Just found their FB page. Thanks

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 07:27:22 PM »
wait...

wait...

ano number nung spa?  :-D  :eek: :eek: :eek:

joke