PhilMusic.com Announcements & Feedback > Forum Inquiries & Suggestions

Additional Threads/Boards General Suggestion Thread *merged*

<< < (69/70) > >>

no.736:
sana po meron dedicated board ang metal music, under ng music forums..  :-D

Riff_6603:

--- Quote from: no.736 on August 01, 2013, 04:54:23 PM ---sana po meron dedicated board ang metal music, under ng music forums..  :-D

--- End quote ---

unfair sa ibang rock genres if genre-specific ang board allotment sa PM; kukulangin din tayo sa bandwidth to cater to all if ever. You could start a Metal "Thread" sa Rock Forums instead though. :mrgreen:

no.736:

--- Quote from: Riff_6603 on August 02, 2013, 04:52:59 AM ---unfair sa ibang rock genres if genre-specific ang board allotment sa PM; kukulangin din tayo sa bandwidth to cater to all if ever. You could start a Metal "Thread" sa Rock Forums instead though. :mrgreen:

--- End quote ---

Thank you sir for that information and I understand what you mean about the bandwidth.

I just have my two cents though:

- Metal is not a sub genre of rock. Metal is a genre of its own. I wouldn't call dying fetus or cannibal corpse or necrophagist rock bands, they are metal bands.

- Metal is a genre evolved from rock and has generated its own identity as a genre itself and sub genres.

Rock sub-genres > classic rock/glam rock, punk rock, acid rock, hard rock, grunge, etc..

Metal sub-genres > death metal, technical death metal, djent/math metal, black metal, metalcore, deathcore, doom metal, etc..

So the statement said about the being unfair of a metal thread to other rock genres (for me) is not correct. But if you make another separate thread for say "acid rock", then that would be unfair to other rock (sub) genres.

And another thing, the "The Music Forums" board IS actually a genre-specific section of PM. Thus the thread names/board allotments are like "Pop", "The Rock Music Forums", "Jazz and Blues Cafe", "Classical", "Soul", etc., which separates these threads by the type of the "genre" to be discussed under each thread..

But if the "issue" will be bandwidth, maybe we can call the thread "Rock/Metal" thread instead..

Again, just my opinions. Thanks!  :wave:

mezzomaestro:
Music Teachers Section ?

dun sana magpopost yung mga nagtuturo ng any form of music, either through private practice, schools, bands, choirs, or any other institution. may sariling language and mindset kasi ang mga educators eh hehe so i think it would be a great idea to make this possible

Riff_6603:

--- Quote from: no.736 on August 02, 2013, 03:14:13 PM ---Thank you sir for that information and I understand what you mean about the bandwidth.

I just have my two cents though:

- Metal is not a sub genre of rock. Metal is a genre of its own. I wouldn't call dying fetus or cannibal corpse or necrophagist rock bands, they are metal bands.

- Metal is a genre evolved from rock and has generated its own identity as a genre itself and sub genres.

Rock sub-genres > classic rock/glam rock, punk rock, acid rock, hard rock, grunge, etc..

Metal sub-genres > death metal, technical death metal, djent/math metal, black metal, metalcore, deathcore, doom metal, etc..

So the statement said about the being unfair of a metal thread to other rock genres (for me) is not correct. But if you make another separate thread for say "acid rock", then that would be unfair to other rock (sub) genres.

And another thing, the "The Music Forums" board IS actually a genre-specific section of PM. Thus the thread names/board allotments are like "Pop", "The Rock Music Forums", "Jazz and Blues Cafe", "Classical", "Soul", etc., which separates these threads by the type of the "genre" to be discussed under each thread..

But if the "issue" will be bandwidth, maybe we can call the thread "Rock/Metal" thread instead..

Again, just my opinions. Thanks!  :wave:

--- End quote ---

Di ko napansin ito, di ko na tuloy nabalikan sorry. I'm thinking about adding a metal board as a sub board of the rock forums since madami na din naman nagrequest nito; traffic-wise OK naman yung expected projection and bandwidth could cater pa naman kahit papaano. I'll work on it within the week. :mrgreen: 

EDIT: Done as promised |m|

The Metal Forum
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?board=194.0

--- Quote from: mezzomaestro on September 18, 2013, 04:55:55 PM ---Music Teachers Section ?

dun sana magpopost yung mga nagtuturo ng any form of music, either through private practice, schools, bands, choirs, or any other institution. may sariling language and mindset kasi ang mga educators eh hehe so i think it would be a great idea to make this possible

--- End quote ---

You could create a thread sa Words and Music Section for the meantime, I'll sticky it para madaling makita. If OK naman yung response ng mga tao, enough to turn it to a board of it's own then I'll update it by then. Thanks! :wave:

Words and Music
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?board=186.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version