hulika

Author Topic: Sheila & The Insects  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Amoch

Sheila & The Insects
« on: October 09, 2003, 05:40:44 PM »
I just acquired their 3 CDs. New Wave is Alive!!! 'Di ko tuloy malaman kung matatanda na 'tong mga ito dahil na-master nila yung genre o wala silang ibang album sa bahay kundi yung mga old records and tapes ng mga kuya (o tatay) nila.

From what I've listened from their CDs, we could deduce that their influences would surely include: The Smiths, The Cure, Echo & The Bunnymen and lots of Railway Children.

Hanep 'tong band na to. Nung nalaman ko nga na Cebu-based sila parang gusto kong pumunta ng Cebu.  Too bad, nahuli ako sa balita.

Offline schizzo

Sheila & The Insects
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 10:29:15 PM »
astig nga sila! ok yung IDLEHANDS!
here i am expecting just a little bit
too much from the wounded.
but i see through it all and see you. so i threw you the obvious to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel, eyes of a tragedy. oh well. apparently nothing. you don't see m

Offline Amoch

Sheila & The Insects
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 01:56:16 AM »
Listen to their older songs lalo na yung nasa Tangible Rhymes Demo. Asteg! Check mo 'tong site na 'to, may mga sample audio tracks: http://www.indieculturerecords.net

Offline schizzo

Sheila & The Insects
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 05:27:37 PM »
cool. tingnan ko!
here i am expecting just a little bit
too much from the wounded.
but i see through it all and see you. so i threw you the obvious to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel, eyes of a tragedy. oh well. apparently nothing. you don't see m

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sheila & The Insects
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 10:34:14 AM »
We ran a feature story on the band back in 2000. Check out:

http://www.philmusic.com/zine/features/2000/10/101800_sheila

Offline raindrops

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Sheila & The Insects
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 07:37:39 PM »
i've only heard manipulator and flowerfish, but i hear plastic eyes, static mind is also good. manipulator is an awesome album, though... :D
For we are all but drops of rain...