hulika

Author Topic: Praise and Worship Leaders  (Read 47377 times)

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Praise and Worship Leaders
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »
Definitely AgreeAbsolutely AgreeIn my understanding - most of the "church" songs that we sing borrows heavily from "worldly" songs.  Even some of the hymns are said to have been copied from secular folk songs.  Songs themselves have no "moral" value - it's how the listener receives it - how the listener plans to use it that matters.  Songs and talents and everything else belongs to God so it won't be a waste if you listen to a good blues song, if you have the right heart - you will see His glory in everything that he has done - including secular music that you know where done well.  Of course there are songs that are intended for evil and what not - but what makes them evil is not the song or lyrics themselves it's the heart behind it. 
 It is not for us to judge if you are serving two masters - it depends on your heart.  We can't force Christian teachers to always teach about God's word and not teach about secular things like World History and the like - just as we can't force musicians to just play Christian music.  If you are playing in a Praise and Worship setting and your heart is bent on impressing people - that is much worse than playing any secular song.  It is not for us to judge.

I however would implore that we use available Christian materials and music for learning - simply because those are of the same quality if not better than secular ones.  Take Lincoln Brewster as an example :)

i remember rick warren discussing about christian music

he said there is no such thing as christian music just christian lyrics

i agree with it in the sense that i have heard a lot of genres being touched by christian music/lyrics

from african american swing/blues/jazz to solemn hymns to alternative rock (hillsong united,lakewood,etc) to hard classic rock (candlefuse)

and they would not be able to create the renditions nor develop the musicality if they did not explore and listen to other types of music or what we would term secular

bro jeff

ganda ng website it will help a lot of people a lot :D

Offline Asaph

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »
there is no such thing as christian music just christian lyrics
Agree!

Offline dekturrr

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
e pero a chrstian lyric equals christian music di ba?
Pr. 23:23a

Buy the truth and do not sell it

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18:20 AM »
e pero a chrstian lyric equals christian music di ba?

sir ang point naman ni rick warren dun is that the genre of the type of music that is being used would vary.
the lyrics/message would equate it as "christian music"per se

but there is no real classification of what genre or type of music christian music would fall under as we are heavily influenced by the set standards of music (folk songs,blues * mostly african americans would have this style in choir singing,rock and what not)

Offline Kunanskie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »

The lyrics/message would equate it as "Christian music” per se
Agree!
The Lord is good, a strength and stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge and trust in Him (Nahum 1:7)

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts."

Offline rald02

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »
Isa lng mapapayo ko pray lng tol

Offline Kunanskie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2010, 07:00:54 PM »
Isa lng mapapayo ko pray lng tol

:-D
The Lord is good, a strength and stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge and trust in Him (Nahum 1:7)

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts."

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
guys, you might want to check this out

http://www.worshipapps.com/

meron silang free desktop version para sa mga walang iphone/ipod touch

Offline wannabeguitarist

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2010, 02:27:56 PM »
guys, you might want to check this out

http://www.worshipapps.com/

meron silang free desktop version para sa mga walang iphone/ipod touch

nice

Offline dx020

• Netizen Level
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »
Suggested reading po:

Anointed Music and Worship, by Rev. Norman Holmes

I'm sure maraming mabe-bless sa book na ito, as well as magkakaroon ng understanding into truly worshiping the Lord. I've read it and am blessed by it.

You may download a copy at this site: http://zion.ph/dbuk.html

Yung Music and Worship po.

God bless!  :-)
God does not call the qualified - He qualifies the called.

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2010, 11:20:30 AM »
indeed :)

read the book na

one main view point :)

worship Like king David did :D

in spirit and in truth more on ung intentions for worshipping

not the instruments

but the intentions for playing

is it really for God or is it just because you want excitement and exhilaration?
or because it's something that you are used to? (traditions)

it isn't purely about what song selection you would chose,but it's what's in your heart when you worship.

but based from what i understood about what the book's message was..
 a P&W team should have hearts as "one"

shared vision working towards a same goal.

to God be all the glory.

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »
wow....nice finding bro....sana maisahre ko din ito sa worship team namin. thanks sa nagbigay ng link. God bless this group :D

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »
mga kapatid, invite ko kayo sa guitar clinic/mini EB bukas, sa University Baptist Church

andito details

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,14720.5550.html

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2010, 02:15:07 PM »

Offline malabert

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »
hehehe...meron pala ako mga kasama rito...I'm a worship leader & a musician   in our Church here in La Trinidad (malapit ng Baguio City)...nice to meet you here guys... let's keep on singing for God!

Offline Jazz_n_Blues

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2011, 05:18:43 AM »
as the deer? astig un... ako kase kaka start ko pa lang mag song lead, drummer/bassist ako talaga sa church, e naubusan n ng worship leaders, kaya un..kaya ko nga naisipan tong thread na to e, para makahingi ng inputs nyo... personally gusto ko ung sa skillet, ung ardent worship na album,  maganda renditions nila e. fave song pa din ang shout to the lord tsaka amazing grace..

bro!!! di ako song leader pero vocal coach ako sa church. pakinggan mo yung amazing grace ni leann rimes!! astig!! un nga lang quarter note higher sa D. kaya alanganin  pero asitg talaga! sobrang blessed boses nun!

di pa ko nakakapakinig ng skillet. masubukan nga. lagi kasi lakewook, hillsong, faithmusic at musikatha ang nasa line up namin eh. ako lead guitarist pala bro.

God bless sa pag song lead!!

bro, tip lang as a vocal coach, also listen to secular songs but not with bad content. i recommend you listen to brian mcknight, boys2men, and some artists na favorite mo. kasi their singing can add something you can use to your song leading.  marami rin kasi tayo matututunan sa secular, and God allowed us to be with them but NOT TO BE LIKE THEM. alam naman natin ang limitations natin.

thanks for reading my comment. God bless us more!!!!

Offline jocobalb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2011, 09:59:43 AM »
hi guys  :-D pasubscribe  :-D

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2011, 05:47:23 AM »
OT:

May mga taga Nueva Ecija ba dito? :?

May libre kaming concert & film showing para sa inyo...  :-D

Thanks & God bless... grin :-D

ISA PANG OT:

Just grabbed this post from GC, gusto share sa inyo kase alam ko may mga fans sila dito...

Eherrrmmmm... :roll:

Biglang flashback ako sa May 26,2008...
1st time ko silang marinig ng live in worship...
And I still have the ticket in my wallet... :-D

HILLSONG
UNITED IN MANILA '08

ARANETA COLOSSEUM  
MAY 26, 2008 8:00PM

Sa mga di pa sila napapanood ng live eto lang masasabi ko...

MALUHPET ANG DRUMMER NILA &
SOLVE NA SOLVE AKO KAHIT GEN AD LANG!!!

Glory to God sana makapunta kayo!!!
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline Daave

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2011, 01:50:30 AM »
^ bro, alam mo ba kung kelan ang concert ng hillsong dito sa pinas kung meron man this 2011. Thanks. Godbless

Nakaka bless talaga tong topi na to as I read it. More power sa mga worship Leader/singer sa church nyo including the band. Sing to God! Godbless.

Jesus died for You.

Offline yukinohana

• Veteran Member
« Reply #270 on: May 31, 2011, 03:41:52 AM »
^ bro, alam mo ba kung kelan ang concert ng hillsong dito sa pinas kung meron man this 2011. Thanks. Godbless

Nakaka bless talaga tong topi na to as I read it. More power sa mga worship Leader/singer sa church nyo including the band. Sing to God! Godbless.

June 2 po concert nila..

Manila AFTERMATH Worship Night
(Hillsong United)   
Thursday, June 2 · 7:30pm - 10:30pm

Araneta Coliseum

Doors open TBC
Online Ticket : http://www.beccamusic.com/
Hotline : 910.5524 or 911.5555

Offline Daave

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
^
Salamat. Pero sa kasamaang palad, nauubusan ng ticket.
Jesus died for You.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2011, 12:57:13 AM »
bro!!! di ako song leader pero vocal coach ako sa church. pakinggan mo yung amazing grace ni leann rimes!! astig!! un nga lang quarter note higher sa D. kaya alanganin  pero asitg talaga! sobrang blessed boses nun!

di pa ko nakakapakinig ng skillet. masubukan nga. lagi kasi lakewook, hillsong, faithmusic at musikatha ang nasa line up namin eh. ako lead guitarist pala bro.

God bless sa pag song lead!!

bro, tip lang as a vocal coach, also listen to secular songs but not with bad content. i recommend you listen to brian mcknight, boys2men, and some artists na favorite mo. kasi their singing can add something you can use to your song leading.  marami rin kasi tayo matututunan sa secular, and God allowed us to be with them but NOT TO BE LIKE THEM. alam naman natin ang limitations natin.

thanks for reading my comment. God bless us more!!!!

ngayon ko lang nabasa to. astig vocal coach ka pala. i'm trying to listen to those guys, kaso after 2-3 songs, parang inaantok na ko. haha. but yeah, galing ng boses ni mcknight. medyo maingay genre na madalas ko pakinggan kaya wala ako natutunan sa pagkanta sa mga un.

skillet, kutless, all together separate. eto mga worship albums na enjoy ako pakinggan.

Offline angelyasha

• Netizen Level
« Reply #273 on: June 09, 2011, 07:22:13 PM »
Pansin ko lang sa pinoydrummers, may forum for drummers sa church pati sa bass place tsaka sa guitar.. dito wala.. any worship leaders here? pakilala naman kayo. Share tips and tricks na alam nyo on how to be a more effective worship leader. God bless!!!

weee! ako drummer sa church nmen. pero pde bang mag bigay din ng saluobin? :)

ganito. pag worship leader k kse sa isang music team, ikaw dpat mag papatakbo nyan? pero syempre required ung mga musikero n skill full para d ka mahirapan sa pag dala. kse ang music team ay prang isang floodgates. tayo ung nag bubukas, nagsasara, nag papahina, nagpapalkas ng daloy ng worship. pero syempre tru spirit tlga ng Dios ung nadaloy.
kelangan din pag mag gagawa kayu ng line up wag basta basta! porke maganda ung melody un na! wag ganun.
pray kayu then hingi kayu sa Lord ng revelation, then saka n kayu gumawa ng mga song na related sa revelation sa inyo ng Dios. smen kse 1 opening song. 3 praise and 3 worship. ganyan d2 mag line up.
tpos dpat wag kalimutan ng song leader ung hand signal.( hand signal kse mas madali ung s lhat ng signal)
then magugulat kayo ung goal nung line up song nyo related sa message ng pastor! ;)
Wither

Offline Daave

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #274 on: June 10, 2011, 12:05:30 AM »
Anong mga band ba ngayon ang christian rock ang tinutugtog, kahit hindi naman masyadong rock. Like mga skillet at seventhday.
Jesus died for You.