hulika

Author Topic: Guitar/Bass Recording ground?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Guitar/Bass Recording ground?
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »
Hey guys,

Id just like to get some suggestions on how to avoid, remove, or reduce the buzz/ground sound when recording a guitar. I do it sometimes in non-studio environments and those are not well-grounded and I've read that it's the cause for the buzz or grounded sound when recording. Or did I understand wrongly?

I tried connecting a wire on the guitar bridge or the jack area and connecting it to your skin. It reduces it a bit but not enough.

Guitar shielding perhaps?

I've tried using a strat with lace sensors and it did seem to really lose the buzz. But it's not just a strat thing for those thinking it might be the strat hum or something. Even my bass makes the buzz sound when plugged.

What's the usual cause of this in the first place?

Any help would be appreciated :)

I'm not talking about fret buzz. Just had to clarify  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:35:47 AM by lovecore »

Offline YKM

Re: Guitar/Bass Recording ground?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 12:40:40 AM »
baka sa cord lang do you use the same cord? or baka sa input ng guitar? siguro pacheck mo na lang sa nag aayos  :-D
=)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:05:46 AM »
thanks. Of course I tried other cords and it's not the input. The buzz sound I meant was ground sound. :-)

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 02:36:16 AM »
If i could only have my STRAT again... i'l show you what i did...

ganito yun: i wrapped the pick-ups with an INSULATING material ( masking tape ). Then wrapped it again with FOIL.

Yung foil ay nakakabit sa GROUND ng guitar. ( use jumper wire ). ang ginawa ko, every pick up, may jumper wire to GROUND.

NO MORE NOISE. Hope it works on yours.
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua