hulika

Author Topic: active speaker query  (Read 1383 times)

Offline smarty

• Forum Fanatic
active speaker query
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »
for those who are using active speakers as foh - what is your preferred volume settings? thanks

Offline jeo

• Veteran Member
Re: active speaker query
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:00:27 PM »
naka-todo.
>Use your ears, dont worry about the hype!>"Not everything that counts can be measured and not everything you can measure counts">TECHNIQUE is in the FINGERS & TONE is more in the GEAR>HIYAW, if you didnt get it, its your problem not mine>killed ur killer

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:48:21 PM »
I prefer setting my gain structure on the board first and set my volume at the back of the active speakers accordingly, with additional 2-3 notches in case I need to boost weak sources. Trying to keep the noise floor as low as possible in a church setting.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:26:59 AM by sikyo »
make sound matter
"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard..." - Psalm 66:8a (NIV)

Offline mixx

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:15:54 AM »
I prefer setting my gain structure on the board first and set my volume at the back of the active speakers accordingly, with additional 2-3 notches in case I need to boost weak sources. Trying to keep the noise floor as low as possible in a church setting.

same procedure din po in my case..... during sound check i set my levels up to clipping(mixer) then set the speakers the same, at least you get a visual warning when you're clipping already.

Offline niroh

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 11:41:02 AM »

I agree with sikyo, try nyo po i unity ang loudspeakers. (nakatapat sa zero or naka 12 o'clock) tapos during soundcheck ayusin nyo yung gain structure, para maiwasan din yung mga feedback at hindi maabuse yung speakers

Offline smarty

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »
naka-todo.

is this really possible na todo yung volume sa speaker?

Offline jeo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:19 AM »
is this really possible na todo yung volume sa speaker?
The volume pot on a powered speaker is an attentuator in the line level mode. You get more dynamics doing this then control for volume are from the main fader of the mixer. If you have a novice operator, to be safe, better set it to half lang they might clip it kasi. Different powered speakers has different input sensitivities, you can adjust accordingly. Just match the gain structures to the levels you operate.
>Use your ears, dont worry about the hype!>"Not everything that counts can be measured and not everything you can measure counts">TECHNIQUE is in the FINGERS & TONE is more in the GEAR>HIYAW, if you didnt get it, its your problem not mine>killed ur killer