hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 258615 times)

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #450 on: February 02, 2007, 04:12:29 AM »
Its OFFICIAL!!! Elegee Customs and BAMFX have tied-up already!!!

pics will be uploaded by bluejem

WOW! 2007 is just The Best Year of Gears!!!!
Click Here

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #451 on: February 02, 2007, 04:31:20 AM »
honga....na excite na ako mag pascalarize!! open ba sina sir bamfx ng sat? til wat tym? :mrgreen:

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #452 on: February 02, 2007, 04:33:02 AM »
honga....na excite na ako mag pascalarize!! open ba sina sir bamfx ng sat? til wat tym? :mrgreen:

every saturday is a tone party... punta ka cguro mga 7pm kasi nasa skul si BAMF ng hapon nagtuturo  sa isang college eh
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #453 on: February 02, 2007, 04:40:49 AM »

jimi..what's ur guitar? I might be there by 4-5pm to scalarize other guitars from the north side. PM mo lng ako kung gusto mo isabay na ung sau...
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #454 on: February 02, 2007, 08:45:08 AM »
I had my RG7321 with stock pickups scalarized yesterday! I told BAMF that I want the metal core scalarizer installed. After he installed the scalarizer, I noticed that the notes sound much much clearer! Clean tone and slight overdrive sounds ung napakinggan ko sa shop niya using his Fender amp so I said to myself "I need to go home... must try the guitar using Hi-gain... must go home... need my Digitech XMM and a marshall to slay!!!

Umuwi agad ako (excited to use my guitar using insane gain settings), excited sobra to try it at home using my rig. I used my Digitech Metal Master and a Boss GE-7 through a marshall valvestate 8080. Hindi muna ako gumamit ng modulation. When I started playing riffs even using the low-B, DAMN! ang linaw ng tunog! hindi muddy ung mga low notes. When u play solos! It really shines! clarity to the highest level! Sweep arpeggios sound soooooooooooooooo sweet using the neck pickup! YUM YUM!!! Kelangan ng practice para hindi na sumabit! heheheheh  :-D

Hindi ko tlaga maexplain! Ganda sobra!

To sum up everything, AS OF THE MOMENT I NO LONGER HAVE PLANS TO REPLACE THE PICK-UPS ON MY 7 STRING!  :-D

BAMF gawa ka ng scalarizers na aside from doing their thingy. ngpapalakas pa ng output ng pickups! hehehehe para no need na tlga magpalit ng pickups ung mga tao! especially ung mga metal players heheheheh  :-D
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #455 on: February 02, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »
I had my RG7321 with stock pickups scalarized yesterday! I told BAMF that I want the metal core scalarizer installed. After he installed the scalarizer, I noticed that the notes sound much much clearer! Clean tone and slight overdrive sounds ung napakinggan ko sa shop niya using his Fender amp so I said to myself "I need to go home... must try the guitar using Hi-gain... must go home... need my Digitech XMM and a marshall to slay!!!

Umuwi agad ako (excited to use my guitar using insane gain settings), excited sobra to try it at home using my rig. I used my Digitech Metal Master and a Boss GE-7 through a marshall valvestate 8080. Hindi muna ako gumamit ng modulation. When I started playing riffs even using the low-B, DAMN! ang linaw ng tunog! hindi muddy ung mga low notes. When u play solos! It really shines! clarity to the highest level! Sweep arpeggios sound soooooooooooooooo sweet using the neck pickup! YUM YUM!!! Kelangan ng practice para hindi na sumabit! heheheheh  :-D

To sum up everything, AS OF THE MOMENT I NO LONGER HAVE PLANS TO REPLACE THE PICK-UPS ON MY 7 STRING!  :-D

BAMF gawa ka ng scalarizers na aside from doing their thingy. ngpapalakas pa ng output ng pickups! hehehehe para no need na tlga magpalit ng pickups ung mga tao! especially ung mga metal players heheheheh  :-D

Pero what more if you get new pickups as well, ever wonder what it would sound like? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I agree...my strat has texas specials and improved after the scalarizer was installed. New pickups once installed and scalarized...u might get blown away with the results, don't you agree, bro phoenix_rising?
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #456 on: February 02, 2007, 09:14:50 AM »
Its OFFICIAL!!! Elegee Customs and BAMFX have tied-up already!!! Both Jon's and BAMF's geniueses will be ONE on all custom guitars!

Its OFFICIAL!!! Elegee Customs and BAMFX have tied-up already!!! Both Jon's and BAMF's geniueses will be ONE on all custom guitars!

hahaha! astig! parang yung filing na nagsama si melo at si iverson hehehe! :evil:

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #457 on: February 02, 2007, 09:21:15 AM »

hahaha! astig! parang yung filing na nagsama si melo at si iverson hehehe! :evil:

ehehe melo and AI flopped down ehehehe sana wag din bumagsak ehehe Denver is losing right now

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #458 on: February 02, 2007, 09:23:17 AM »

Pero what more if you get new pickups as well, ever wonder what it would sound like? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh my! probably tonal wet dreams!!! heheheheheh DAMN! kelan b mgkakastock ng duncan distortion 7 at jazz 7 sa audiophile?! heheheheh  :-D

I'll bring my 6 string RG equipped with Mr. Scary's pickup in the bridge position next time! I wonder how will it sound like after the scalarizer is installed! hmmmm...
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #459 on: February 02, 2007, 12:06:38 PM »
Of the pickups that I've installed scalarizers on, two of them I distinctly remember as making me soil my pants, after scalarization.

They are the Antiquity pickups of Jaime on his LP, and the EMG pickups of Phoenix Rising, also on his LP.

Maybe I'm really an LP guy and not a Strat or Tele guy, but Mico's guitar makes me wanna buy a couple of EMG's myself.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #460 on: February 02, 2007, 12:09:48 PM »
Due to problems with my sked, I think I am moving my visit to the BAMFx shop to Thursday night.  OK lang ba BAMF? 

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #461 on: February 02, 2007, 12:11:02 PM »
Hi Bamf, punta ka ba sa shop ni sir jon's this saturday? I wanna test your scalizer and ds1   :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #462 on: February 02, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »
Eyy Dodjie !

Yep, Thursdays are better. I have the entire afternoon to play in my shop din.

Jun_gats,

Sina Elegee naman ang pupunta sa BAMFx on the next meeting, although it escapes me right now kung sa Saturday tone orgy nga yun. At any rate, I left two sample scalarizers (one crystal, one metal) with Jon for his further evaluation. With a strict condition to never install one on you-know-who's guitars.  Jon wants no part in my quarrel, but he did say he will abide by my request. You can check them out there when you swing by his place.

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #463 on: February 02, 2007, 12:27:58 PM »
Thanks sir, hopefully makapunta ako sa shop nyo.   :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #464 on: February 02, 2007, 12:32:52 PM »
Ay teka. I remember now...hindi pala "never" ang usapan namin. Pag si you-know-who, sisingil sya ng USD$400 each, hati kami. Tutal, you-get-what-you-pay-for hahahaha !

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #465 on: February 02, 2007, 12:38:04 PM »
Jobet,

Planning to go either on Monday or Friday afternoon, after I get my printer in Quezon/Araneta Ave. Available ka ba in those days?
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #466 on: February 02, 2007, 12:47:34 PM »
Due to problems with my sked, I think I am moving my visit to the BAMFx shop to Thursday night.  OK lang ba BAMF? 

@ BAMF - Ako din my sked problems tom, Sat. 6-8pm Firebottle rehearsal. 8pm up naman Soul Beners mtg and rehearsal.  If we don't finish too late, I might still manage to drop by.

But, Jobet, i hope Anton texted you kanina re other possible reviewers of scalarizer.  PM me bro.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #467 on: February 02, 2007, 12:55:02 PM »
Surely Al ! The shop is very near Araneta. When on QA facing quiapo, take araneta and go into the first u-turn slot. Don't take the U-turn, but instead go into the road that tumboks it. On the second corner from araneta, turn right and drive slowly till you see on your right a house with painted walls reading something like "Migun". The house across it, along Calamba street is the BAMFx Hive :D Enter Calamba and beep your horn at the white and green rail gates (or wait for the dogs to bark) and someone will open the gate for you :D .

I gotta hand it to you Al. I should have listened to you a loooonnnnnggg time ago.

Jobet,

Planning to go either on Monday or Friday afternoon, after I get my printer in Quezon/Araneta Ave. Available ka ba in those days?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #468 on: February 02, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »
Aaayy....
 :cry: :cry: :cry:
Baka you can come tonight ! I'm almost desperate that your guitars *should* be scalarized, I'll even do you a house call and install them at your place ! Naks ! That's how a big fan I am (but yeah, seriously).

While Anton is most certainly a Guitar-God-In-A-Closet (Guitar Closet Queen ? Nyahahaha...no sexual preferences implied), you reattached me to my musical roots and made me wanna play the Blues again. :D :D :D . It's like...Anton blows me... away with his Fusion, but with the Blues...I feel my very soul...crying.

Teka...that didn't sound right...

HARDOGEI !!!!!!!

@ BAMF - Ako din my sked problems tom, Sat. 6-8pm Firebottle rehearsal. 8pm up naman Soul Beners mtg and rehearsal.  If we don't finish too late, I might still manage to drop by.

But, Jobet, i hope Anton texted you kanina re other possible reviewers of scalarizer.  PM me bro.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 01:08:51 PM by BAMF »

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #469 on: February 02, 2007, 02:10:38 PM »
"Hardgay" 
"Closet Queen" 
"...blows me..."

Ayayayay!  Ano ba yan mga FAFA?!?!  Hehehehe.  8-)

Aaayy....
 :cry: :cry: :cry:
Baka you can come tonight ! I'm almost desperate that your guitars *should* be scalarized, I'll even do you a house call and install them at your place ! Naks ! That's how a big fan I am (but yeah, seriously).

While Anton is most certainly a Guitar-God-In-A-Closet (Guitar Closet Queen ? Nyahahaha...no sexual preferences implied), you reattached me to my musical roots and made me wanna play the Blues again. :D :D :D . It's like...Anton blows me... away with his Fusion, but with the Blues...I feel my very soul...crying.

Teka...that didn't sound right...

HARDOGEI !!!!!!!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 02:12:41 PM by greasykid »

Offline boy_noel

« Reply #470 on: February 02, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
can make [gooey brown stuff] guitars come to life.. hmm.. sa fernando kaya pwede?
rock & funk!!!

Offline raBid

« Reply #471 on: February 02, 2007, 06:46:38 PM »
sir BAMF pwede ba yan sa semi hollow na guitars? 09208037430 pag ok painstall ako s guitar ko. tnx
rabid@09208037430

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #472 on: February 02, 2007, 10:43:56 PM »

Oh my! probably tonal wet dreams!!! heheheheheh DAMN! kelan b mgkakastock ng duncan distortion 7 at jazz 7 sa audiophile?! heheheheh  :-D

I'll bring my 6 string RG equipped with Mr. Scary's pickup in the bridge position next time! I wonder how will it sound like after the scalarizer is installed! hmmmm...

Uy, screamin demon pickup, i used to have that pickup, ganda ng tunog, old school tone but it really bites, what more pa pag na scalarized? patay tayo dyan!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

yup! screamin demon sa bridge. sa Rg321 ko sya nilagay! mahogany body pero ayos na ayos rin! i'll have this baby scalarized soon! isa isa muna, matagal ko napabayaan ung 7 string ko eh! sya muna lalaruin ko, kse baka kapag scalarized na rin ung RG321, baka hindi ko mapigilan sarili ko at gamitin ko sila ng sabay! using both hands legato! heheheheh
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #473 on: February 03, 2007, 03:18:10 AM »
can make [gooey brown stuff] guitars come to life.. hmm.. sa fernando kaya pwede?

Ohhh yeah. You should see and hear my RJ PRS ! With el cheapo pickups !

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #474 on: February 03, 2007, 03:20:24 AM »
What a perfect, perfect night. Got to meet the Blue Rats in person. Scalarized Blue Buddha's guitar on the spot and hear it in action. It wasn't loud-set, but it surely CUT right into the mix !

Haayyyy...too tired...even perfect nights and days can bring a very happy tiredness. Sheet...I'm falling asleep on my keyboopiasdufopisjsdljf;lskdfj-09UR.90U0ISDJFSJC[V904UR904JFSODFJVO;LXJVLJLVJL;KXJVXLKVJLKJX SFSDFASF