hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 257588 times)

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #725 on: February 12, 2007, 11:07:42 AM »
nasagot na ba 'to?

what exactly is it and what does it do? i mean, i know, it makes your guitar sound "bigger" and gives it "clarity"... but what does it do to do that?

Nats,

baka secret na lang ni Jobet ito kung whether it's the goats' blood and incantations or the electronics.  :-D

Subukan mo na lang. Transpo money is all you have to lose if you don't like what it does to your guitar.

Itulad mo na lang sa pagpunta sa AP to try out the latest hyped effects pedal.  8-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #726 on: February 12, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »
nasagot na ba 'to?

what exactly is it and what does it do? i mean, i know, it makes your guitar sound "bigger" and gives it "clarity"... but what does it do to do that?

Nats,

baka secret na lang ni Jobet ito kung whether it's the goats' blood and incantations or the electronics.  :-D

Subukan mo na lang. Transpo money is all you have to lose if you don't like what it does to your guitar.

Itulad mo na lang sa pagpunta sa AP to try out the latest hyped effects pedal.  8-)

I agree. You can't argue with results.  But in my case, my curiosity about the device is not related to music, but to better understanding the physical world. 

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #727 on: February 12, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »
nasagot na ba 'to?

Nats,

I agree. You can't argue with results.  But in my case, my curiosity about the device is not related to music, but to better understanding the physical world. 
its sort of like that for me too. i'm not putting anything in my guitar if i dont know what it is. same way i wont be eating anything i cant identify. :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline a-boi

« Reply #728 on: February 12, 2007, 11:40:30 AM »
Hi,

Based on the posts here, the scalarizer enhances the sound by altering the electronics. Is it nearly similar to a preamp since it also enhances the sound?
Too much of anything yields disdain.

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #729 on: February 12, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »
peace to all!aba pwede sa bass guitar, astig!mukang pati bass ko ah...hehehehe...ngatz.gbu

peace sir BAMF pm po..ngatz.gbu
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 01:48:36 PM by bindoy »
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline smarty

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #730 on: February 12, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »
hay sa wakas nabasa ko na buong thread.

keep up the good work sir bamf and psychic sushi! sana makadaan din ako sa PIMP pag punta ko ng manila next week.

ot. sir jepoy tuloy ba dating nung shipment sa katapusan?

thanks

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #731 on: February 12, 2007, 08:36:38 PM »
Hi,

Based on the posts here, the scalarizer enhances the sound by altering the electronics. Is it nearly similar to a preamp since it also enhances the sound?

Hey bro!

It doesn't alter the electronics actually, as it also affects the wood. It can be considered a passive device, as it does not have electronically circuitry. it sources its power from the woods resonance, and an itsy-bitsy bit from the pick ups. whereas, preamps (or most of them) have to be juiced by a a battery.

:-)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #732 on: February 12, 2007, 08:41:36 PM »
nasagot na ba 'to?

Nats,

its sort of like that for me too. i'm not putting anything in my guitar if i dont know what it is. same way i wont be eating anything i cant identify. :-D  :-D  :-D

dont worry bro, we wont be soldering a drop of goat turd to your guitar  :-D

really, this thing is hard to explain, it is better felt. Al Librero just had his ultra-fantastic custom axe scalarized. (damn, that guitar was hot! Bill and Becky Lawrence loaded)

Ron Kirn

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #733 on: February 12, 2007, 08:56:10 PM »
sandali lang ba process ng scalarization??
makati pa kasi ako eh.. punta lang ako sa qc para kumuha ng tcg tapos isasabay ko na pagpapa-scalarize.. hehe :-D

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #734 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:14 PM »
sandali lang ba process ng scalarization??
makati pa kasi ako eh.. punta lang ako sa qc para kumuha ng tcg tapos isasabay ko na pagpapa-scalarize.. hehe :-D

yup! as stated, put the guitar on the table, go to the toilet to hang a leak, before you can hit the flush button, its installed!  :-D

Ron Kirn

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #735 on: February 12, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »

really, this thing is hard to explain, it is better felt. Al Librero just had his ultra-fantastic custom axe scalarized. (damn, that guitar was hot! Bill and Becky Lawrence loaded)
ah ok. so meron ultra exclusive scalarizer? something more special than goat turd. maybe mountain goat turd. maybe even lamb turd.

Offline stratboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #736 on: February 12, 2007, 09:10:23 PM »
pwede ba ako nalang iinstall kasi wala naman isosolder, pick upin ko nalang sainyo yung scalarizer, hassle kasi pag ilalabas ko sa bahay yung gitara ko e.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #737 on: February 12, 2007, 09:14:17 PM »

ah ok. so meron ultra exclusive scalarizer? something more special than goat turd. maybe mountain goat turd. maybe even lamb turd.

heheheh, virgin goat's turd, pare  :-D

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #738 on: February 12, 2007, 09:16:15 PM »
pwede ba ako nalang iinstall kasi wala naman isosolder, pick upin ko nalang sainyo yung scalarizer, hassle kasi pag ilalabas ko sa bahay yung gitara ko e.

there is minimal soldering involved, if you've got the skills, its a small job. can be connected to the out put wire. BAMF or Dominant_Chord can show you how its done when you drop by.

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #740 on: February 12, 2007, 09:25:19 PM »
jobet/anton,

is the scalarizer mosfet based?  just wondering.

cheers.

hi!

nope, not at all  :wink:

Ron Kirn

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #741 on: February 12, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »
dapat talaga anton nasa wikipedia na ang scalarizer natin. paulit ulit na ang mga tanong eh hehehe

:D
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #742 on: February 12, 2007, 10:36:06 PM »
nasagot na ba 'to?

Nats,

Fellas, not long after BAMF scalarized a guitar of mine with good results a couple of weeks ago, I wrote him as I was quite sure of the essence behind the technology. I did promise him never to yakk about it publicly, as he deserves the best shot for getting it onto the market and making a tidy profit for all the effort and ingenuity he's put into it. Not to mention that he's gone about this business in a very decent entrepreneurial way -- go go go Jobet!

For those who "doubting thomases" about the device however, I will say this to ease your mind: it's based on very sound physics and electrical principles, notwithstanding the voodoo/mojo that some folks choose to ascribe to it. The technology has been around for sometime now and been in use quite extensively in many areas of endeavor, including within the music industry. In fact there are musical instruments that have already applied these principles, albeit with differing kinds of formulations, configurations, and degrees of control. The brilliance in this case lies in the following aspects:

• the fundamental formulation of the material which defines its voicing,
• the simplicity of application,
• the basic design and construction of the device,
• the minimal "intrusiveness" of the mod with regard to the stock appearance of an instrument,
• easy reversibility, and
• its cost to effectiveness ratio which makes it accessible and affordable to everyone wishing for a tone upgrade in this general direction.

At the end of the day, it's a technology that you would be able to identify and understand (yes there are sound physical explanations, delta), and nothing that would be harmful to yourself, the instrument, or the environment. Sorry guys.... no blood of endangered species spilled here.... should easily pass WWF, Greenpeace, and Haribon standards (making it ok therefore to eat, nate!  :-D).

Am just beginning to run tests in several types of guitars to see if the inherent qualities that make these models tonally identifiable are preserved by the scalarizer. Just have been swamped at work over the last weeks and a bit short on time  :oops:. Promised BAMF a review -- I'll get to it soon....

One thought: I'm aware of several devices and gear currently on the commercial market that move one's guitar sound towards a certain sonic territory that the scalarizer seems to want to occupy. The descriptions on this thread are fairly good indications of that direction. The cool thing about this device is that it's much more economical than most any of that other stuff (which includes amps, guitars, tubes, pedals, processors, cables, guitar parts, pickups, capacitors, etc.). This is the product's competitive advantage, and for me, will be the root of its success provided it doesn't stray too far from this basic parameter. Keep the product close to P500 (or within USD$ 10-15 inclusive of all packaging, material, promo, and labor costs) and you have a surefire winner.  8-)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 10:42:29 PM by blue buddha »

Offline ayofish

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #743 on: February 12, 2007, 11:11:02 PM »
sharing lng ito recording namin ng band ko pero one guitar lng ako lng. my scalarized guitar kasama ung mga bamf modded pedals ko heehheh tapos rage amp lng sharing lng ito tunog ng scalarized guitar hehehhe.. patawad d pa mastered ung recording gegegeheehhe

www.soundclick.com/kilchi

unmastered hehehhe bsta panalo tunog ng scalarizer!! thanks sir bamf heehhe
"Practice makes perfect, But no one is perfect so why practice? Because practice makes masters and experts!!!!"

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #744 on: February 13, 2007, 01:49:15 AM »
hay sa wakas nabasa ko na buong thread.

keep up the good work sir bamf and psychic sushi! sana makadaan din ako sa PIMP pag punta ko ng manila next week.

ot. sir jepoy tuloy ba dating nung shipment sa katapusan?

thanks

yup tuloy. txt txt na lang tau pards!

PEACE!
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #745 on: February 13, 2007, 09:39:07 AM »
bamf, sushi and dominant chord,
it was nice meeting you guys.

it's a little too bad that i was already tired when i came in (nagkamali pa ako ng bahay na unang pinuntahan. hahaha). my hands were a bit shaky and my ears were struggling to evaluate the tones from the different configurations we tested. i could, however, some differences already. i'll comment on these gizmos in detail after i've spent enough time playing and listening through my own setup.

jobet, i'm sorry i couldn't take you up on that offer to lend me a pair of your specially-potted pickups. i actually have the perfect test guitar for it, but Jun and I have to be assemble it first. i'll ask Jun to start working on it. i'll come back for the pickups if they're still not in someone else's guitar by then. thanks again.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #746 on: February 13, 2007, 10:22:38 AM »
have you guys tried dual crystal scalarizers? parang gusto ko pa ng isa para sa dual humbucking guitar ko. :-D

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #747 on: February 13, 2007, 11:09:07 AM »

it's a little too bad that i was already tired when i came in (nagkamali pa ako ng bahay na unang pinuntahan. hahaha). my hands were a bit shaky and my ears were struggling to evaluate the tones from the different configurations we tested. i could, however, some differences already. i'll comment on these gizmos in detail after i've spent enough time playing and listening through my own setup.

jobet, i'm sorry i couldn't take you up on that offer to lend me a pair of your specially-potted pickups. i actually have the perfect test guitar for it, but Jun and I have to be assemble it first. i'll ask Jun to start working on it. i'll come back for the pickups if they're still not in someone else's guitar by then. thanks again.

Al, I personally didn't hear and identify the differences right after they put it in. But after trying it out at home with a valve amp, there was something drastically different. I typically give up playing the guitar after 3 hours due to ear fatigue (I play with the channel volume at 10 and master at 5) but after installing the thing, I never experienced it again even after playing four 4 or 5 hours. It could be that the scalarizer really takes out some of the harsh elements, or alernatively, I just happen to quit playing way before the fatigue sets in, hehehe. :) Either way, it's a good thing.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2007, 11:29:17 AM »
BB,
Thanks so much. Hiya ako to reply to kudos posts...it might sound like I'm gloating. In truth, I really am and you've just tickled me pink :D . Thanks man.

Al,

It was a pleasure to meet you in person. Your custom guitar is killer, man.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #749 on: February 13, 2007, 11:33:07 AM »

Al, I personally didn't hear and identify the differences right after they put it in. But after trying it out at home with a valve amp, there was something drastically different. I typically give up playing the guitar after 3 hours due to ear fatigue (I play with the channel volume at 10 and master at 5) but after installing the thing, I never experienced it again even after playing four 4 or 5 hours. It could be that the scalarizer really takes out some of the harsh elements, or alernatively, I just happen to quit playing way before the fatigue sets in, hehehe. :) Either way, it's a good thing.

... ummm... suggestion lang po... you might wanna try practising at a lower volume. That might help too.  :-)
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3