hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 257516 times)

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #875 on: February 18, 2007, 08:22:04 PM »
Well you better check again with Anton.  Arie was waiting the whole day and Arie never ever said he would go to PIMP.  He is too busy fixing too many guitars.  As I remember correctly, si Anton ang magpapaset-up and we all know that Arie does not do home service because of the current load for repair. 

point of clarification.

arie texted me out of the blue interested to hear the scalarizer, i gladly obliged. as i do have a busy sched and deal with shifting schedules, we tried to set a particular time, and he did tell me that he had things to do with lito. I was supposed to be on at 8pm that day, but fate had it otherwise, and i did invite him to pass by if he had the time with lito, as BAMF would be at the workshop.

it takes him 2-3hrs sometimes to reply, i understand he's got his hands full. i, on the other hand, need to sleep during the day.

i also find it creepy that you take pot shots at other threads, then finally gather the guts to throw poop here when you muster the strength to, when everyones having a blast.

your timing is impeccable.
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #876 on: February 18, 2007, 08:27:18 PM »
I was scalarized last night! Thanks for DominantChord and BAMF!

My MIJ Squier is suddenly singing. I thought the reverb in the Yamaha amp was on when Dominant was slinging away, it was at zero pala. The clarity and the presence of the strings finally appeared. Now, I just have to replace my crappy HS-3.

On my $99 (5,000) Epi LP Jr Special (Now, at 5,500 because of a tootsie roll): The muddines was gone. Clear and a little more mid range tone. The great Anton jammed on it with Elmo. Man, Anton knows how to play. He played 5 genres in 2 minutes.  He was even better dressed than me! The EPI sang like Larry Carlton with Anton picking the strings. Anton on a $99 guitar will always be better than a $4,000 amp.

Hahahahah! It was an optical and aural illusion  :wink: thank you for the compliment! and heck, it was a nice LP junior, cant beleive that its cheaper than two boss pedals on sale!  :-D lovely axe

Ron Kirn

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #877 on: February 18, 2007, 08:32:18 PM »
Well you better check again with Anton.  Arie was waiting the whole day and Arie never ever said he would go to PIMP.  He is too busy fixing too many guitars.  As I remember correctly, si Anton ang magpapaset-up and we all know that Arie does not do home service because of the current load for repair. 

i also find it creepy that you take pot shots at other threads, then finally gather the guts to throw poop here when you muster the strength to, when everyones having a blast.

Anton, people like them are full of [gooey brown stuff]. Di nila alm kung saan nila ilalaglag excess ebak nila!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #878 on: February 18, 2007, 08:36:57 PM »
Anton on a $99 guitar will always be better than a $4,000 amp.

Except perhaps Anton on a $4,000 amp ;)

hahahahah!  :-D heck, if i had $4000 to kick around, i'd spend it on a car, or on other domestic needs  :wink:

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #879 on: February 18, 2007, 08:39:22 PM »

Anton, people like them are full of [gooey brown stuff]. Di nila alm kung saan nila ilalaglag excess ebak nila!

:-D better done in toilets than in public for all and sundry to see.

btw- your yamaha sa2000 still haunts me! ahhhrrrghhhh!@!!!! that is one helluva guitar... :oops:

Ron Kirn

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #880 on: February 18, 2007, 08:55:48 PM »
He can dig up his pothole in your front yard, malaki space! Ha ha ha..............
Go grab a hollowbody again!!!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #881 on: February 18, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
err... i've tried it on both teles na.

i dunno. maybe i need to let it grow on me muna. there was a change, i tested both teles through a 2x12 laney vc30. turned up really loud (my neighbors love me now). i didnt like the change. or maybe i've just gotten so used to hearing the teles sound a certain way and have trained my ears to like that and nothing else.

i'm not knocking the tootsie roll. it does change the way the guitar sounds. it just isnt for me, i guess.

will try to drop it into the frankenstrat tonight. between the bridge pickup bucker. i think, from what i heard from the teles, it will work better there.

jobet, thanks for letting me have a go at it! :D

Also, expensive gear is a by-product of my personal experience.
kaya naman pala e... :lol:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 09:16:32 PM by nathanmanansala »

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #882 on: February 19, 2007, 12:18:19 AM »

hahahahah!  :-D heck, if i had $4000 to kick around, i'd spend it on a car, or on other domestic needs  :wink:
Never said you had to own one, just like you don't own that $99 guitar ;)

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #883 on: February 19, 2007, 12:39:40 AM »
Does this mean Mr. Tone Is In The Wallet has been at it again?

Well...

Meron na kong panlaban...

Tone is in the lola!

:-D
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #884 on: February 19, 2007, 01:01:05 AM »
Does this mean Mr. Tone Is In The Wallet has been at it again?

Well...

Meron na kong panlaban...

Tone is in the lola!

oh yes, back to the same old antics. its lost its novelty. controversy for the sake of controversy.

Yawn...

its all about the music. I echo your words... Tone is indeed in the lola  :-)

nice!

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #885 on: February 19, 2007, 01:21:16 AM »

Never said you had to own one, just like you don't own that $99 guitar ;)

:-) i strive and struggle to be a better swordsman, minus the sword, master perf   :-D

Ron Kirn

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #886 on: February 19, 2007, 09:25:32 AM »
Due to popular demand,

I'll be bringing a soldering iron, pliers, scredriver, heatshrinks and a couple of scalarizers to Purple Haze tonight at the February Hazy nights.
Yung magpapainstall, sige lang pwede mamayang gabi.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 09:30:52 AM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #887 on: February 19, 2007, 09:31:51 AM »
Due to popular demand,

I'll be bringing a soldering iron, pliers, scredriver, heatshrinks and a couple of scalarizers to Purple Haze last night.

Yung magpapainstall, sige lang pwede mamayang gabi.

congrats sir sa yung invention na scalarizer mukhang ikaw ang first Pinoy ang nakagawa nito sa guitar world. great job

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #888 on: February 19, 2007, 09:33:49 AM »
Tenkyu tenkyu !
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #889 on: February 19, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »

:-) i strive and struggle to be a better swordsman, minus the sword, master perf   :-D

Hirap yan, kahit si Katsumoto tinalo ng baril :lol:

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #890 on: February 19, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »
Baril?

O, eh, di gamitin ang Butterfly Technique!

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #891 on: February 19, 2007, 01:07:43 PM »
Baril?

Hapon kasi e, kung naging disipulo sya ni Bruce Lee tulad nung sa "Last Dragon", kaya sana nya sumalo ng bala sa ipen hehehe

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #892 on: February 19, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »
Tama! The Eric Banes technique! Strong teeth!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #893 on: February 19, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
Baril?

Hapon kasi e, kung naging disipulo sya ni Bruce Lee tulad nung sa "Last Dragon", kaya sana nya sumalo ng bala sa ipen hehehe

Wala yan kila FPJ, Lito Lapid, etc...  Pinangkakasa yung pitik ng paa. Tapos babarilin yung bala sa ere para mahati.  O kaya bumabaril pa sa kalaban habang tumatakbo buhat buhat ang sariling bituka dahil sa dami ng tama sa katawan...  (No kidding... totoong scenes lahat yan)

Pinoy action movies...  D' BEST IN THE PHILIPPINES! 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:20:09 PM by deltaslim »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #894 on: February 19, 2007, 02:10:45 PM »
Baril?

Wala yan kila FPJ, Lito Lapid, etc...  Pinangkakasa yung pitik ng paa. Tapos babarilin yung bala sa ere para mahati.  O kaya bumabaril pa sa kalaban habang tumatakbo buhat buhat ang sariling bituka dahil sa dami ng tama sa katawan...  (No kidding... totoong scenes lahat yan)

Pinoy action movies...  D' BEST IN THE PHILIPPINES! 

Haha, i've seen this already, classic!!!.  Diba hinawakan niya yung bolo ba yun, tapos nilagay niya yung baril, tapos pintutok niya para mahati yung bala, tapos tinamaan yung dalawang kalaban niya.

Sir delta, thanks to you, i pissed in my pants laughing!!! langya, i didn't expect anyone would remember that movie. especially about him carrying his guts. hahaha!!! Thanks man, you made my day!!!

Iba pa yang dinescribe mo pero classic din yan.  Yung naalala ko, binaril yung bida. Tapos habang nasa ere at papunta yung bala sa kanya, may oras pa siya para bumunot, bumaril, at tamaan ang bala ng kalaban para di umabot sa kanya!

Yung sinasabi mo naman, last bala na pero dalawa pa kalaban nya natitira. So ano gagawin nya?  Ano pa eh di tinapat nya yung bolo/kutsilyo sa tapat ng baril. Pagputok at paglabas ng bala sa gun barrel nahati sa dalawa at tumama sa dalawang kalaban nya! 

Incredible???  Believe it!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:13:58 PM by deltaslim »

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #895 on: February 19, 2007, 02:18:45 PM »
Lang tatalo kay FPJ, inubos yung Jap army using a 6 shooter!

Reload? Ano yun?

Offline nancy brew

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #896 on: February 19, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »
ei, mga sir gandang hapon.

eh yung ipinasok ung barrel sa tubong nak right angle pag putok tinamaan ung nasa kabilang corner? hahaha wala pang guided-laser-sight nun!

sir BAMF where ba pdeng mag mail for provincial orders? :-D

Soli Deo Gloria.

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #897 on: February 19, 2007, 02:37:45 PM »
Actually, I'm already shipping things that look more sinister than the scalarizers. Tipo bang mukhang detonator ng bomba talaga. Hahaha. Laging nahaharang. Buti na lang DHL takes very good care of my account. I love them to bits !

Fraudulent and Xelalien,

Yup it does cut through the mix. Ayaw ko i-contaminate ang observations nyo so di ko muna share yung ibang findings. Pero clue. Try nyo sya ng malayo talaga from an amp. Say 20 feet away. :D

Thanks ngapala for the glowing review.

Back to regular programming. Tama na showbiz !

uy sir BAMF, nag sship ka pala outside the country??? balak ko kasi ship ung DS 1 ko sayo then MOD mo to bakemono then ship it back to me. how much ung total cost nun???

sorry sa OT
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline Kulas

« Reply #898 on: February 19, 2007, 02:48:46 PM »

eh yung ipinasok ung barrel sa tubong nak right angle pag putok tinamaan ung nasa kabilang corner? hahaha wala pang guided-laser-sight nun!

HAHAHA!!! natandaan ko rin yan!!! galing talaga ng geometry ng pinoy!!! hahaha!!!

eh paano yung tinapatan nya ng kutsilyo yung nozzle nung baril nya, tapos na-split yung bala, dalawa patay? hahaha.

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #899 on: February 19, 2007, 02:58:44 PM »

mga sir this might help

HAHAHA!!! natandaan ko rin yan!!! galing talaga ng geometry ng pinoy!!! hahaha!!!

eh paano yung tinapatan nya ng kutsilyo yung nozzle nung baril nya, tapos na-split yung bala, dalawa patay? hahaha.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"