hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 256935 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #925 on: February 20, 2007, 09:35:19 PM »

Of course you will claim that it isn't defamatory. It's up to the offended person. And I did see BAMF that infamous Saturday when you posted that erased thread. Damage due to defamatory remarks is not present in sales. It is present in the offended person. When the target of the "tabloid" approach feels attacked, there lies the damage.

I never intended to offend BAMF.  Speaking of damages, are you talking about moral damages?  So if LA Lopez was offended by one episode of Bubble Gang (where he was being called OA Lopez), is it right to say that the show was defamatory? 

Here is your logic: Would you vote for anyone in this year's election if the candidate was endorsed by FPJ? (pinoy movie topic) Any answer would be baseless because this event didn't happen or rather cannot happen.

Ya know, in the rules of evidence, the idea of the other camp is always to destroy someone else's credibility, even if the person is telling the truth.  So are you saying that when everyone takes pot shots at oasgomez' threads, does that mean that EVERYONE'S OPINIONS automatically become invalid?  So if I would respond to an oasgomez thread and say Joric is a great slide player, would that automatically be a statement in question?  I am no lawyer but as I always believe, legality is not the same as morality.  You can be morally responsible for something although legally you aren't, and vice-versa. 

Nevertheless, your thread posted last Saturday created a controversy to which BAMF had to defend himself. Thus, the damage. Thereafter, you apologized.

If there was no damage, why did you say sorry?

I apologized to avoid any damages to the person.  If there was any apparent damage to him, then all I can say was that was purely unintentional.  After all, tao lang tayo na nagkakamali. 

But as to the deletion of the thread (whose title I modified), I honestly think Mamang Pulis misconstrued my intentions. 'Ika nga, "why burn the forest to kill one snake?"

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #926 on: February 20, 2007, 11:08:32 PM »
Actually Dodgie, while I can't tell for sure about certain things, it's just that I'm wary of your motives.

I mean, pricing is my prerogative, right ? In the same way that the purchase decision is the prerogative of the buyer.  Why are you even making it an issue ? What exactly are your motives (well...if they were any ill intent, I don't expect you to tell me :D ) . Are you trying to peg it down so that it doesnt shoot beyond 3k ? Are you trying to pry into the perceived value of the thing ? Are you dredging up for reasons for people to NOT buy it beyond a certain price ?  Or are you trying to manipulate me into a corner ? I don't know, really. Again, certain people bought titanium trem blocks of dubious value for much, much more than even 3k. :D

I don't know. Whatever the answer to those are, it still boils down to one thing : it's none of your business. Specially so that you have not yet formed your own personal opinion on the value of the Scalarizer, simply because you haven't heard one nor had one installed.

I'm not sure if you've worked in a corporate marketing environment, but whenever a market study is commissioned, which generally includes a price sensitivity matrix, the results of those studies are always CONFIDENTIAL. This is to allow the company to act and correct any negative matters that can be gleaned from the study.

But if you conduct that study HERE, the results, whatever they are will never be confidential. Whatever positives and negatives cannot be acted on discreetly because they have been disclosed from the get-go. And for that, the motives behind this kind of question are suspect. It's even possible that you're trying to embarass me in some way. No I don't know. Let's just say I'm on a "shields up" mode on this one.

To put the matter to rest, I don't recall hiring you to conduct a marketing study and price sensitivity for me. And certainly not here.

Why not just enjoy the here and now for now ? And this is the here and now: it's available, it works and it's cheap. Why waste your time conjecturing ?

But it's a free world. If you're doing this in preparation for some major offensive or collecting data or bullets, or just for stirring up plain tabloidal controversy as you're wont to do...then it's up to you. I can likewise choose whether I should, or should not be affected. Know why ? Because if it does hit the 3k+ price level, it only means that something really good happenned to me and I can afford to not heed the wishes of the local market :D

Fellow forumites, I ask you to just ignore this question. While I don't find it offensive, I do find it irritating and out of line.

Cheers !

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:24:36 PM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #927 on: February 20, 2007, 11:37:21 PM »
^^^
Well said man, but rest-assured, I have no intention to harm anyone else's business.  My questions were formulated to find out how elastic the market would be.  Because IMO, a perfect product would be bought by everyone in the social spectrum. 

When skeptics in the '80s said synthesizers will put real musicians out of work, a lot of people thought so.  But did it happen?  Hell no.  Because you cannot dispute the truth that real musicians sound better than say, programmed guitar sounds (using synths).  So if someone poses a "Scalarizers are a fad and it'll die someday..." then just wait and see.  For all I care, I want your invention to pass the test of fire... from the ears of tone deaf folks to audiophiles'. 

As time passes, I see a good number of folks having their guitars scalarized.  I hope everyone retains them though.  Bottomline is I am just collecting data... finding out the behavior of your patrons.  I am still finding time to buy mine as well. 

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:40:38 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #928 on: February 20, 2007, 11:46:25 PM »
This is my last post regarding this matter even if Skunky replies to this. I have made my point.

Oh, this is, like, "closing arguments"? 

Point well made, Atty.  Sagot mo ako pag na-jay walking ako ha?!

Just "closing".

Just play the National Anthem on slide, and you will be forgiven by the MMDA.

Aah, kyna like Leadbelly singing his way out of jail by serenading the governer of Alabama.  Blues na blues.  Pwede!

Paano kung push-up ang penalty?   :-D  8-)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #929 on: February 21, 2007, 12:20:06 AM »
Well in that case, thanks man.

These are the market plain truths. Nobody likes price increases. It is natural that any price increase, specially if the commodity is highly prized or needed, or loved, will be met with aversion. And results of "oh I won't buy it anymore if it increases" will be common. And those kidns of opinions have a bandwagon effect. Hence, a potential harming of the business.

The scalarizer, in the local market, is coming from a point where it was already offered at such and so price level. The market is now conditioned to it and any price increase will naturally be met with resistance, knowing that it is quite possible to offer it *pala* at such low prices.

Now in the internatiojnal market, where the scalarizer is unheard of, I have a free reign on the pricing, specially so considering the purchasing power of the foreign markets. Again, the price increase is not a matter of greed (as the markup will not go to me but to the local distributors). It's a matter of protection for the international dealers. If this were not done, cheap scalarizers will be exported all over to the detriment of the legit distributors. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

That's why, sir, the discussion of the price sensitivity is a delicate one. And frankly, I won't mind that you ask, but only if your feet are in the right place e.g. you've had personal experience with the device and can see (and hear) what it does, first hand. Anything else before this, again, will be suspect or at the very least, academic.

That being said, we can arrange for scalarizer units to be mailed to you. You can remit payment via Gcash. Text me at the number on my sig. Thanks.

^^^
Well said man, but rest-assured, I have no intention to harm anyone else's business.  My questions were formulated to find out how elastic the market would be.  Because IMO, a perfect product would be bought by everyone in the social spectrum. 

When skeptics in the '80s said synthesizers will put real musicians out of work, a lot of people thought so.  But did it happen?  Hell no.  Because you cannot dispute the truth that real musicians sound better than say, programmed guitar sounds (using synths).  So if someone poses a "Scalarizers are a fad and it'll die someday..." then just wait and see.  For all I care, I want your invention to pass the test of fire... from the ears of tone deaf folks to audiophiles'. 

As time passes, I see a good number of folks having their guitars scalarized.  I hope everyone retains them though.  Bottomline is I am just collecting data... finding out the behavior of your patrons.  I am still finding time to buy mine as well. 

Cheers!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #930 on: February 21, 2007, 12:28:51 AM »
Why order when we can have fun at the BAMFx shop?  Maybe if God allows I can bring my ref-sized rack for recording and a laptop, a video cam, and some mics to document the before/after scalarization process...  At the very least I wanna bring my rig...

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #931 on: February 21, 2007, 12:31:43 AM »
Aight ! And we can record the before and after here at the PIMP studios :D.

Do make time. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe you can even accompany me to Arie's shop. Anton is very very busy these days.

Actually, so am I, but I won't pass up a chance to get introduced to Barbie  :mrgreen:

Offline Deacon Blues

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #932 on: February 21, 2007, 12:32:23 AM »
With that dispute finally resolved, one nagging question still remains ...

What does 'MIGUN' - that cryptic writing on the wall - mean? ..  :-D

Conspiracy theories, anyone? ..
"No static at all ..."

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #933 on: February 21, 2007, 12:52:43 AM »
What does 'MIGUN' - that cryptic writing on the wall - mean? ..  :-D

BAMF's own version of the Da Vinci code cum Last of the Mohicans, written in virgin goat's blood.  :evil:

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #934 on: February 21, 2007, 01:03:54 AM »
M.I.G.U.N.  -  Most Intense Guitarist U'll Need  :-D :-D
777 posts and its over!

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #935 on: February 21, 2007, 01:15:13 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAH  :-D

maybe that's why the folks there begged bamf and i to turn down the bedevilled amp one evening, coz another guitarist lives across from me!  :mrgreen:
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #936 on: February 21, 2007, 01:18:48 AM »

maybe that's why the folks there begged bamf and i to turn down the bedevilled amp one evening, coz another guitarist lives across from me!  :mrgreen:

In that case.... it should be..

M.I.G.U.N. - Ma Ingay Gud Ung Neybor  :-D

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:19:49 AM by Extremist777 »
777 posts and its over!

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #937 on: February 21, 2007, 01:32:07 AM »

and if she's cute (as my neighborhood is heavily populated with chinese folks)

May I Get Ur Name?

and after a few drinks

May I Grab Ur N_______

:mrgreen:

Ron Kirn

Offline Targa_midbass

• Veteran Member
« Reply #938 on: February 21, 2007, 01:57:56 AM »

May I Get Ur Name?

and after a few drinks

May I Grab Ur N_______

wild imagination :-D
paano mapipigil ang isang damdamin
kung ang sinisigaw, ikaw ang lahat sa ahakin!

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #939 on: February 21, 2007, 01:59:18 AM »

May I Get Ur Name?

and after a few drinks

May I Grab Ur N_______

Pag na grab mo yun.. eto na sunod...

M.I.G.U.N. - May I Get U Naked?
777 posts and its over!

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #940 on: February 21, 2007, 02:21:57 AM »

May I Get Ur Name?

and after a few drinks

May I Grab Ur N_______

Pag na grab mo yun.. eto na sunod...

M.I.G.U.N. - May I Get U Naked?

then...

M.I.G.U.N - May I Grope Underneath Now  :mrgreen:

wild imagination indeed, heheheheh  :mrgreen:

Ron Kirn

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #941 on: February 21, 2007, 02:32:55 AM »
basta....

TONE IS IN THE LOLA pa rin! nyahahahahhaa

Note: sa mga nakakaalam neto discreet na lang tayo hehehe
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:34:45 AM by edgeofillusion-jepoy »
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #942 on: February 21, 2007, 03:01:57 AM »
Ehhh....Migun isn't even part of the shop hehehe. It's the neighbour across Sto. Domingo avenue :D. They sell therapeutic beds.

On another note, was able to use a scalarized Ballantine microphone last night. Very encouraging ! Although I was hoarse and without voice on the Feb. 19 Hazy nights, the audience said it didnt sound like it.

Corroborated by the Badass Mofoes drummer, who said that I didnt sound hoarse from the PA during practice, even if he could hear my "i love the children" Michael Jackson voice from my own pipes.

Scalarizers are poised to take over the whole of the music industry !!!

PS Hoy antonski...gumagana na ang internet sa shop !!!!

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #943 on: February 21, 2007, 03:10:03 AM »
Ehhh....Migun isn't even part of the shop hehehe. It's the neighbour across Sto. Domingo avenue :D. They sell therapeutic beds.

On another note, was able to use a scalarized Ballantine microphone last night. Very encouraging ! Although I was hoarse and without voice on the Feb. 19 Hazy nights, the audience said it didnt sound like it.

Corroborated by the Badass Mofoes drummer, who said that I didnt sound hoarse from the PA during practice, even if he could hear my "i love the children" Michael Jackson voice from my own pipes.

Scalarizers are poised to take over the whole of the music industry !!!

PS Hoy antonski...gumagana na ang internet sa shop !!!!

alright! internet!

M.I.G.U.N- May I Go UNline?

heheheheh  :-D

Ron Kirn

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #944 on: February 21, 2007, 03:15:06 AM »
oist fafa jobet 10 am ha! hehe 22log na ako hehehe
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #945 on: February 21, 2007, 03:22:01 AM »
oist fafa jobet 10 am ha! hehe 22log na ako hehehe

I would be dead asleep by that time  :-(

life's biatch...

Ron Kirn

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #946 on: February 21, 2007, 03:51:04 AM »
Scalarized my Yamaha Pacifica and Scorpion Les Paul scalarized last Monday! Next are my Behringer Strat and MIK Tele!
Yahoo!!! Thanks a lot, Jobet! :)
@jugsjugsjugs on Twitter and Instagram

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #947 on: February 21, 2007, 08:13:37 AM »
Scalarized my Yamaha Pacifica and Scorpion Les Paul scalarized last Monday! Next are my Behringer Strat and MIK Tele!
Yahoo!!! Thanks a lot, Jobet! :)

ot lang: jugs, yung scorpion  les paul  ba yung gitara na may parang union jack na design? parang may nakita akong ganun sa isang  show  nyo  before .

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #948 on: February 21, 2007, 09:43:31 AM »
Had my headless Yamaha BX-5 bass scalarized last Monday night... It's really hard to put the darn thing down now!  I'm in love all over again, and will have my Peavey Grind done by next payday. Mabuhay ka, BAMF... Great tone to the masses!  :-D
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #949 on: February 21, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »
One more thing... Don't expect to be Steve Vai or Jaco or whoever your idol-of-the-moment is because of this device.  It'll make your axe sound great, but if you're a [gooey brown stuff] player don't expect to improve much there.  The scalarizer just gives you one less excuse for a [gooey brown stuff] performance.   :wink:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:50:52 AM by DyaniBee »
Imagine a world without bass...