hulika

Author Topic: Behringer U-Control UCA200  (Read 27493 times)

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Behringer U-Control UCA200
« on: March 24, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »
edited

I recently acquired the unit from a friend (correct term would be borrowed for a long long time) and had a few problems installing it.

As it turns out my not-so-genuine version of Windows XP Service Pack 3 does not support some plug and play drivers, probable cause is lack of drivers pre-installed with it for generic USB Audio interfaces. I got it to work by downloading from the site the necessary drivers and re-installing it all over again.

I plugged it another computer, to my laptop and installation worked instantly without having to download any drivers at all.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 08:49:46 AM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Behringer U-Control UCA200 n00b problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 05:12:48 PM »
post edited.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 08:50:27 AM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:43:12 PM »
Good you got it figured out. Happy recording!

Instead of me locking this thread, why not share with us your review of that UCA once you discover what it can do. I'm sure people will be interested.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 06:20:55 AM »
Good you got it figured out. Happy recording!

Instead of me locking this thread, why not share with us your review of that UCA once you discover what it can do. I'm sure people will be interested.

sure! I will post a review for it when I am done testing with it later today.

yesterday I had problems how to use it, it turned out I i needed to install another set of drivers and it worked fine.

This is a forum siggy.

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:22:24 AM »
Sir... wag muna Lock... baka pareho tayo ng problema... pa share naman ng tips... hehehehe...

anong driver ang kailangan iinstall... i have installed the ASIO blah blah blah... i think may problems pa rin sa mga settings..

ok naman yung playback from Media Player...

waaaaaaaa.. nallito na ako..

Adobe Audition po yung gamit ko...

Help... pls... hehehehe

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
Sir... wag muna Lock... baka pareho tayo ng problema... pa share naman ng tips... hehehehe...

anong driver ang kailangan iinstall... i have installed the ASIO blah blah blah... i think may problems pa rin sa mga settings..

ok naman yung playback from Media Player...

waaaaaaaa.. nallito na ako..

Adobe Audition po yung gamit ko...

Help... pls... hehehehe

when you download off the site there are two setup files. What I did was installed both of them and it worked.

the only problem Im having now is having no "monitor" output during recording, but im trying to figure it out on my own as of the moment hehehe

This is a forum siggy.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:35:17 AM »
napagana nyo yung asio driver? mine never did work with it. pansin nyo ba na maxxed out palagi yung cpu kapag asio?

wdm lang ginagamit ko and i dont have problems with it kahit sa monitoring

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:37:59 AM »
btw im running a fairly decent 16 channel RMB mixer then route the two REC stereo outputs to the USB audio interface.

the downside is, the drums arent in multitrack and we hope to upgrade to M-Audio interfaces when we have saved enough again.
This is a forum siggy.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
napagana nyo yung asio driver? mine never did work with it. pansin nyo ba na maxxed out palagi yung cpu kapag asio?

wdm lang ginagamit ko and i dont have problems with it kahit sa monitoring

im not sure. teka mamaya ser pagbalik ko sa studio ill play with it for a few hours and see what happens.

umuwi ako para lang maligo eh at mag internet ng saglit hehehehehe boarder sa sariling bahay ako.
This is a forum siggy.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »

No need to lock. Let's just turn this into a UCA200 tips thread!

@digitalcyco - maybe you can edit/update the first post and topic to indicate the new status.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 08:46:03 AM by KitC »
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
How's the latency with the UCA? What's the lowest figure you've logged? (in ms)
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »
How's the latency with the UCA? What's the lowest figure you've logged? (in ms)

good question...... how do i find out the latency?
This is a forum siggy.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 10:56:33 PM »

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 07:17:45 AM »
when you download off the site there are two setup files. What I did was installed both of them and it worked.

the only problem Im having now is having no "monitor" output during recording, but im trying to figure it out on my own as of the moment hehehe

sir... what site did you downloaded the driver for U-Control UCA200...

Im Using a Laptop, Adobe Audition...

My U-Control UCA200 is a freebee when I bought my Behringer Mixer... I found it exiting the eplore recording... I dont know if the UCA has promblems or its just me... lol

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 08:44:40 AM »
hello! I downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer site:

http://www.behringerdownload.de/UCONTROL/BEHRINGER_USB%20ASIO_2.8.14.zip

mga sirs I am not sure if I can do a competent review as I am a newbie and am still "learning the ropes" of recording but will try to post my own opinion on the product.

will post a "latency test" later as suggested. I am home everyday at around this time and go to our little studio just after lunch.

anyway this unit was previously owned by Mong of Chico Sci/Sandwich. He gave it to my friend, and my friend in turn lent it to me because he has no use for it.

as of the moment I am trying to record drum tracks with it through a 16 channel mixer through its record out. will post an A-B of a drum track recorded through the USB interface and the same settings run through the computer sound card line-in which was previously what our little project studio used.

in a nutshell: its pretty basic, just an audio interface to plug something with it. installation was quick and easy and you just had to select it to use it through the control panel.

one thing i did not like about it is that you cannot hear the sound coming in from the INPUT. so when I was recording guitar samples I was clueless because I could not monitor myself. I fixed this by purchasing RCA splitters and ran it to my amp so I could hear myself.

Ive seen on the web the current model (UCA202 i think?) fixes this by adding an optical channel out and a headphone out. My unit here is probably one of the first versions and lack these features. In fact, the exact model is not even in the website anymore.

durability.... its small, made of plastic and looks more like a toy than a serious instrument. i think if i dropped it I would break it into peices. I am not so sure about the durability of Behringer products though.

well if you just want a good USB-based audio interface thats a lot better quality-wise than the computer sound card, I think this would be a reasonable purchase.

but after using this for a day I am more convinced now of saving up and purchasing an M-Audio card. so for the moment this would suffice our recording needs.

cheers!  :-D

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:52:44 AM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline smarty

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Behringer U-Control UCA200
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »
paano magpost ng soundclips, i have some recordings na gamit yung UCA-200. para mai-share ko din sana.

thanks

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 10:12:50 PM »
paano magpost ng soundclips,

Soundclick comes to mind, although like Myspace, I don't like their compression algorithms. You can also try multiply.com and if you really want to post .wav files, try something like rapidshare.

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 09:46:07 AM »
Sir digitalcyco... Thanks for sharing your recording experience using the Behringer U-Control UCA200...

I've downloaded the same driver... but it'seems it still not working... I'll give it another try this day...

sir... feed backs ha... hehehehe... tnx

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »
YES!!! ok na... hehehe... yung gumagamit ang may problema... I should switch off the TAPE/CD  to MAIN Button... hehehehe...

Experiment na!!! hehehe...

Offline mjpartinez

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »
hello! I downloaded the drivers from th

one thing i did not like about it is that you cannot hear the sound coming in from the INPUT. so when I was recording guitar samples I was clueless because I could not monitor myself. I fixed this by purchasing RCA splitters and ran it to my amp so I could hear myself.

Ive seen on the web the current model (UCA202 i think?) fixes this by adding an optical channel out and a headphone out. My unit here is probably one of the first versions and lack these features. In fact, the exact model is not even in the website anymore.

ser panong RCA splitters ? san ka  bumili ? ehehhe.. planning on getting one too eheheh thanks :-D

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 10:15:33 PM »
ser panong RCA splitters ? san ka  bumili ? ehehhe.. planning on getting one too eheheh thanks :-D

they are Y shaped female to male RCA jacks you can purchase from local hardware or electronic shops.

just ask for a two female to one male RCA jack output it should work fine splitting the signal between the mixer and wherever else you may want to plug the other line.
This is a forum siggy.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 03:09:30 AM »
Won't that create loading or impedance issues? :)
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 06:53:47 AM »
Won't that create loading or impedance issues? :)

i guess so, but its the best i can do for the moment :D
This is a forum siggy.

Offline mjpartinez

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »
sadly wala na kong time at pasensya gamitin yung sakin ... im thinking of selling it..ehehehheh..... magsstand-alone na lang ako tulad ng ps04 ko... :-D