hulika

Author Topic: Beware sugar levels in popular tea drinks, Hong Kong consumer watchdog warns  (Read 3926 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Beware the hidden sweeteners in popular tea drinks, Hong Kong’s consumer watchdog warned on Thursday, noting recipes with no added sugar did not necessarily contain no sugar.

Of the 127 non-pre-packaged samples tested by the Consumer Council, five of the single-cup servings exceeded the maximum daily limit for free sugars – less than 50 grams – recommended by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Free sugars are monosaccharides and disaccharides added to food and drink by the manufacturer or consumer, as well as sugars naturally present in honey, syrups, and fruit juice.

The council said excessive intake could increase the risk of tooth decay, obesity and being overweight.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/2186128/be-wary-sugar-levels-popular-tea-drinks-hong-kong?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR05w6mNK7aBWhtymmClnZ6Bbmw7OKqqM366o7ZrKSF-A-jVexv7Xp6JXOk#
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
realtalk: walang masarap sa milk tea. uso lang kasi kaya mabenta.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis