hulika

Author Topic: I swore to God hindi na ako magmumura, pero p*******a, wala pa rin pagbabago  (Read 41214 times)

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
Because there is a difference between a "GEAR DEMO" and a "gear PLUS playing skills" demo. 

Put it this way.  Guthrie with crap gear vs. Guthrie with his Suhr and Cornford.  I'd bet he'd sound glorious on both gear but he'd probably sound better with the latter.  But when you post a video of that, the difference will be very, very subtle. If not negligible.

Documenting tone is a very hard thing to do.  Not just for guitar.  The same goes for drums, especially snare drums, most especially in a band setting.  Can you hear the gold-plated rims of Neil Peart's drums in a recording?  As a recording guy, I've always thought gear is always captured  less-than-perfectly.  But what makes things magical are the musical elements like arrangement, talent, songwriting, and of course, moments of excitement in the recording process.  But a gear demo is supposed to suspend those elements and bring the test to a purely sonic experiment. 

but in FM55's case theres no quality and skills found in every seconds of playing... ikaw sir kung nasa harap ka ni FM ad he's playing that eerie sound matutuwa ka ba? yes he can make it even better. in every guitar that we demo halos mas matagal pa yung preparation ng recording to make it more presentable as possible, do you wonder why fids (sorry sir fidel) made a parody of that said vid? can you take it? (FM's vid) kahit "in person"?
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ditto. If he doesn't learn to respect, he will not earn that respect likewise.

I've always said, and maintain, that those who often beg for respect most likely don't deserve any.  The thing is, this was the bait gobots bit:

Gobot, mas magaling ka kaysa akin?

I ask, though, will gobots be kind enough to post something of him playing, preferably a video?
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
lol i just found out na nakikipagtalo na ko dahil kay FM.... i dont deserve this :-(
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline IncX

Go to thegearpage.net and harmonycentral.com and you'll realize how tame Firemodel is.  While Alex has always resorted to his f***stick approach, I still think his intentions aren't all that bad.  

i'm a regular visitor and occasional participant in talkbass.com and never have i read anything similar to alex's way of argument.

what does that mean? the stereotype for guitarists and their egos is true? ... i sure hope not.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ask ourselves, if Alex did not mentione BOWTEEK ever, would PM people be gassing for boutique pedals?  Just a thought. 

In my case, I've known of BOWTEEK pedals long before I even met Alex.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
In my case, I've known of BOWTEEK pedals long before I even met Alex.

same here nung active pa yung kabila.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
same here nung active pa yung kabila.

Kabila? Yupangco forums ba? Kaw ba si Jason Natividad?
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
i'm a regular visitor and occasional participant in talkbass.com and never have i read anything similar to alex's way of argument.

what does that mean? the stereotype for guitarists and their egos is true? ... i sure hope not.

I guess it's true to some extent. I don't find this kind of exchange in other forums in philmusic. But I've observed that the more colorful and intellectual exchanges can be found in guitar central.  

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
Dati I always try to keep an open mind when reading FMs posts, trying to suck in all informative stuffs while peeling off for what I think is unecessary(insults and etc.), then just lately, doubts came in when he cant even answer a question that is answerable by a simple yes or no, hindi nya masagot ang simpleng "maganda ba para sayo ang tunog nito", after that, parang nagdalawang isip na ako kung maniniwala pa ako sa kanya
Just wont burn...

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
To GOD be the Glory!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />http://smileyicons.net/s/225.gif

Offline killjom

• Forum Fanatic

OMG!!!???!!!

waz teh meaning of this???

:lol:
Fear neither fire nor blood.

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
:lol:

:lol: maghapon na kasi ako nakababad sa thread na 'to bro, tsaka sa kabilang thread eh. I never posted anything, pero nagulat ako sa post ni cayle!!!

heheheh

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pics or it never happened. Demo or it's 3 metal zones through a Raon amp. Live in person to make both legit.

No matter what anyone says you still have the benefit of the doubt to believe it or not. This isn't religion, this is gear and skills. We need proof!  :-)

Ask ourselves, if Alex did not mentione BOWTEEK ever, would PM people be gassing for boutique pedals?  Just a thought. 

But there was Turi.  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:26:37 PM by rolexm »

Offline killjom

• Forum Fanatic
:lol: maghapon na kasi ako nakababad sa thread na 'to bro, tsaka sa kabilang thread eh. I never posted anything, pero nagulat ako sa post ni cayle!!!

heheheh

Yup I was quite surprised too, Ilang araw na rin akong nakatututok sa GC hindi lang din ako nagsasalita. I was here from the moment gobots challenged fm55 until now.  :lol:

Sa totoo lang naguguluhan ako sa mga nangyayari ngayon.  :lol:
Fear neither fire nor blood.

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
This is how GC is slowly turning into AGT...
Google is your friend.

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
Yup I was quite surprised too, Ilang araw na rin akong nakatututok sa GC hindi lang din ako nagsasalita. I was here from the moment gobots challenged fm55 until now.  :lol:

Sa totoo lang naguguluhan ako sa mga nangyayari ngayon.  :lol:

mismo bro, ive been enjoying this kind of threads lately. ayus pampalipas oras at pantanggal stress. I never posted anything coz I know na wala naman ako mako-contribute na maganda. hehehehe

ilang days na din ako nakababad dun sa kabilang thread. akala ko nga this thread will be another nominee for the thread of the year, til i found out... (cayle's latest post)... heheheh

actually, one of the reaons why I dont post on these threads is because mapupuno ang email ko sa dami ng notifications. ang bilis kasi humaba ng mga ganitong thread lately eh.  :lol:

Offline frkuri

Nope.  Seems my old profile had been reset.  Even my avatar is gone.

:-D

challengeofthegobots

I just dont get why people insist that the community adjust to firemodel. Ignore nyo na lang, kunin na lang yung mapupuplot sa mga sinasabi nya, mabait naman sya in person, keep an open mind etc....

One person, who often damages threads by discourtesy and disrespect, against the peace of the entire community?

Here we are on another rapidly growing thread stemming from his actions. I don't think any good here outweighs his offenses, not with forum rules, but with the community in general. The whole "maswerte na tayo at ganyan lang sya di tulad sa iba" is just plain BS.

The entire community is the victim here. View and post counts to threads rise and unnecessarily consume bandwidth every time he decides to butt in. Threads get derailed from healthy discussion. And yes maraming balat sibuyas na na-ooffend sa mga pinagsasabi nya.

Over and above all, maliit o wala naman tayong napapala sa kanya. Anything he can contribute here, can easily be googled. All his references can easily be quoted on other forums and sites.

lastly. I didnt fall into his trap...

When said "Masmagaling ka kaysa sa akin?", I replied "Hindi ka magaling. Period." He fell into mine. I didn't challenge him. He challenged me. For all I know baka nga masmagaling pa sya sa akin e. Now where ever he is, he can't be laughing at all of us, when a lot of us are laughing at him for being ridiculously.... gay (for lack of better terms)

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
mismo bro, ive been enjoying this kind of threads lately. ayus pampalipas oras at pantanggal stress.

+10 ako nakikisawsaw lang.   :lol: sarap kasing pagmasdan mga balat sibuyas na sineseryoso ang topic na... ewan... nakikita ko dito yung mga kulang sa talino.  :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus

I owned bowteek amps (THD Univalve, Jester Oahu), pedals (Klon, early blue FD2) way before I encountered PhilMusic or Alex.

Like I said, people give him way too much credit. There's other, less stressful, ways of learning about good tone. :-)

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
:?
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=7836

umpisa palang napansin ko na ito..

well its up to the mods to validate if the TS is real or not..
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
I owned bowteek amps (THD Univalve, Jester Oahu), pedals (Klon, early blue FD2) way before I encountered PhilMusic or Alex.

Like I said, people give him way too much credit. There's other, less stressful, ways of learning about good tone. :-)

yep like actually training your ear to distinguish good tone. Moral op d istory is don't waste your time on firemodel.

The dragon has put out my fire.