hulika

Author Topic: The Boss GT-100 Appreciation Thread  (Read 47771 times)

Offline alalala

• Veteran Member
Re: The Boss GT-100
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »
Mukang sa Boss pa rin ako for live use, dami kasi nagrereklamo sa DSP limit ng Line 6 HD, mas ok lang sya for recording...gumanda lang ng konti amp sims nitong GT-100 sa GT-10 bibilhin ko na toh...heheheh

The constant DSP limit was one of the main reasons that I sold my POD, kapag dual tones, limited ang diskarte, hopefully this new boss does'nt join the club.

Though hard to reach by the masses (me included), the Axe-Fx still stands head over heels above the rest in terms of DSP power.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:42:33 PM by alalala »
We do electrics,acoustics, and basses:electronics/body repairs, refrets/fretboard recond. and custom graphics/airbrush painting/refinishing, 4304394/09156538433 http://www.facebook.com/al11011957

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
di naman nagkaka-problem sa dsp yung Boss GT10 ko, kahit naka dual tones ako at lahat ng effects block naka-ON..so kung mas powerful ang dsp ng GT-100, malabo magka-problem sa dsp yun...ayus!!!...

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
I am still looking forward for some actual demos na galing sa mga nakabili na hehehe or from an actual live use.

ang tanong pre gusto ba nila palitan agad yung gt-10 nila just to test it. baka magsisi afterwards eh hehehe
yada yada yada.....

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »
ang tanong pre gusto ba nila palitan agad yung gt-10 nila just to test it. baka magsisi afterwards eh hehehe

as soon as i have the fund ( or my visa card ).. ill get in. retails at $549 in the U.S. hmm not bad, ata
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GT100

-Jay

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 04:58:49 PM »
Im' sure it gots lot of FIZZ ? you should explore the DEC more and i have no comments at this time moment. OT..You see Digital aliasing or Inpluse response were inpeded on modelling that is why digital aliasing D/A were still not perfect that's  all I can say for the moment :) But if you can afford an AxeFX like Radley too you dont need DEC or Harmonic Converger. See his review on AxeFx but still he uses the Harmonic Converger just to make his sound more purist and not need not to overdubb his tone in studio recording by his technician and no sizzling annoying fizz even in high gain territoty. Cliff of AxeFX is a former sonar engineer and a musician long before time, and he is a software developer doing reverb as IR inpulse Response. Later as a musician also he venture to MODELLING inpulse response doing reverb meaning if you feed a convention musical tone or voice to it to, it will convert his algoritmic instruction so the injected feed sound or voice would sound like HALL, CAVE, and such and later he venture to develop AXEfx modelling several Preamp AMP like Mesa Boogie Mashall, Soldano, Peavey Fender such and such. I think Cliff is a genius and perfected his Inpulse Response for all type of Preamp out there eg (JCM, Vox, Marshall etc) He perfected and pioneering digital modelling at its best.  No doubt even many great artist replace their analog set up and using AxEfx NO need for analog setup coz AxeFX truly cupture the modeller without Fizz or digital aliasing.
My advice is you can afford an AxeFx ultra is great but same as me I can't :-\ I'm very much got my solution using Harmonic Converger or DEC. You can ask porksisig even his Digitech RP1000 using with DEC was totally enchance and clean out the annoy Fizz and sound pure like ANALOG thing.
No further comment, lets wait for GT100 im not sure :)

Hey, Roger. Thanks for your comment, I just read it though. Sad to say, I sold the DEC more than a year ago, to a forum member, I'm sure he's very happy with it. Good product you have there, but for me, I just noticed I don't need it for live use, or maybe I just didnt want to spend much time tweaking. I gig every night, and barely have time to ultra-fine-tweak everything. Just kept things basic, I guess, and used an EQ pedal, worked for me, Im happy. :)

And like every gigging guitarist in this forum, Boss GT-xxx are great for live use, amp sims might need a little time to get them to sound right, but overall, I'm still sticking with Boss. And yes, I did use LIne^ X3 live too. Can't say about other mfx's, but Im just going to stick with what works for me, so far.

So, we'll just have to wait what the GT-100 can actually do, for live purposes.

Cheers

-jay

Offline markcasq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 10:36:12 PM »
Here's a video really going into the user interface.... sa wakas!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q2DcjCzuzg

I believe it became easier to use (manual mode, two LCD screen, 8 parameter knobs, easier-on-the-eyes-LCD color, one screen for FX path/edit/parameters), though you will not see at one glance which effects are activated, unlike the GT-10 or every other multi-effects out there.  But definitely more convenient to use than GT-10.  I just noticed though that the EZ tone is the same as GT-10, and the IRON MAIDENS demo sounds like GT-10 (not sure if it was the camera mic though).  Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ageRojp9npw

I think I'm going to stick to my new Digitech RP355 for a while (I just sold my GT-10).  It's more expressive than my GT-10.  I am guessing GT-100 is almost the same as GT-10.  It would have been good to have XLR out for GT-100.

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 10:46:41 PM »
hmmm same as gt10 and made more complicated. better sana if patches ang inimprove
yada yada yada.....

Offline markcasq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »
i actually find it simpler than gt-10 in many ways.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
Hintayin nalang natin GT-200...

or...

GT-500!!! :lol:

Offline alalala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 05:44:04 AM »
I like the idea of the dual displays, kind of lessens the strain of going thru the numbers.
We do electrics,acoustics, and basses:electronics/body repairs, refrets/fretboard recond. and custom graphics/airbrush painting/refinishing, 4304394/09156538433 http://www.facebook.com/al11011957

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 09:08:48 AM »
i actually find it simpler than gt-10 in many ways.

like?

turning 4 knobs + easy wheel rather than 8 knobs looking at two screens is simpler for me. also if you want to edit individual effect you just have to hit the buttons. ngayon wala na lagi ka na pupunta dun sa edit button  saka mo hahanapin thru the 8 knobs just to edit it.

ang maganda lang nakita ko e naeedit na rin yung mga amp sims. but as i say sana maganda na tunog "compare" sa GT-10 or else yung exterior design lang ang nirennovate nila

I like the idea of the dual displays, kind of lessens the strain of going thru the numbers.

maganda dahil di na rin masakit sa mata yung sobrang liwanag ng display
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:11:12 AM by heyman »
yada yada yada.....

Offline markcasq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »
I find it easier like:
- I don't have to go through "display mode" to see different views of the patch, I just press effect and everything is there.
- Manual mode can be called upon without programming CTL or going display mode to activate manual mode. 
- Easier to assign effects in manual mode, just turn the knobs

Of course may disadvantage din like what you said going through the fx path instead of individual buttons.

Pero I guess more importantly, kamusta naman ang tunog?  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  Based on the demo from the Iron Maidens parang GT-10 lang din.

Offline macmackerz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »
I find it easier like:
- I don't have to go through "display mode" to see different views of the patch, I just press effect and everything is there.
- Manual mode can be called upon without programming CTL or going display mode to activate manual mode. 
- Easier to assign effects in manual mode, just turn the knobs

Of course may disadvantage din like what you said going through the fx path instead of individual buttons.

Pero I guess more importantly, kamusta naman ang tunog?  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  Based on the demo from the Iron Maidens parang GT-10 lang din.

+1 to this.
I might stick to GT-10 for now. pareho lang din naman.
GOD without MAN is still GOD
MAN without GOD is NOTHING

Offline jeo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »
here are some sound previews from the site: http://www.boss.info/sound/GT-100/
anyway i have a gnx3 and gt-10 at the same time before...for amps and models gnx3 wins miles ahead of the gt-10 but i really like the mods and delays of the gt...hopefull now humabol na yung amp simulations ng gt-100. Bakit kaya di nila nilagyan ng tube preamp yung gt-100 like the tonelab ex?  :roll:
>Use your ears, dont worry about the hype!>"Not everything that counts can be measured and not everything you can measure counts">TECHNIQUE is in the FINGERS & TONE is more in the GEAR>HIYAW, if you didnt get it, its your problem not mine>killed ur killer

Offline monkeypunch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2012, 05:42:11 PM »
hahaha.. i like the line looper......

pero mas ok sana kung ung ME 70 nalang ina upgrade nila.. :-D..or dapat ginaya nalang nila hahaha  tweakable any time..... :-D :-D :-D

" It's all about JESUS "

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
hahaha.. i like the line looper......

pero mas ok sana kung ung ME 70 nalang ina upgrade nila.. :-D..or dapat ginaya nalang nila hahaha  tweakable any time..... :-D :-D :-D

just wondering ..sana gumawa BOSS ME-100..pure analog multi effects
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline monkeypunch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
just wondering ..sana gumawa BOSS ME-100..pure analog multi effects

dude yan din naiisip ko eh....structure ng me70... parang individula peds na may octaswitch.... :-D :-D :-D :-D
" It's all about JESUS "

Offline jeo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
yupangco/perfect pitch still have stocks of gt-10...kaya mukhang matatagalan yung dating ng gt-100 to our shores, well maybe. lets order online na lang hehe :-D
>Use your ears, dont worry about the hype!>"Not everything that counts can be measured and not everything you can measure counts">TECHNIQUE is in the FINGERS & TONE is more in the GEAR>HIYAW, if you didnt get it, its your problem not mine>killed ur killer

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »
yupangco/perfect pitch still have stocks of gt-10...kaya mukhang matatagalan yung dating ng gt-100 to our shores, well maybe. lets order online na lang hehe :-D
+100

Offline monkeypunch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »

GT-500!!!

lol dude kotse na yan....hahaha ford gt 500 :-D :-D :-D
" It's all about JESUS "

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2012, 02:25:16 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »

Yun ginamit sa Gone in 60 seconds  :)
GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »
On the contrary, maganda abangan yung pagpasok ng GT-100 sa Yupangco. I remember buying a GT-10 there. Napa-timing sa isa sa mga sale nila and I ended up paying for significantly less than what I would have online (unit price plus shipping of a big-a$$ box -- yari pa kung harangin ng Customs). The price never went that low again, maybe up until now (January MESS).
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
sayang..tinanggal lang nila yung pod wheel, ganda na e

sana ME-100 na lang ang tawag dito  :lol: parang uprgraded na ME-50
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2012, 10:16:54 AM »
sayang..tinanggal lang nila yung pod wheel, ganda na e

sana ME-100 na lang ang tawag dito  :lol: parang uprgraded na ME-50

agree...stick pa rin sa gt10 ko.
yada yada yada.....