hulika

Author Topic: EHX User's thread  (Read 35987 times)

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
EHX User's thread
« on: May 12, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »
Hey guys! I just wanted to start this thread specifically for Electroharmonix users...

We can talk about: reviews, how to tweak the pedals, show and tell of EHX gear, etc...

Currently, I only have 3 ehx pedals with me and another one coming in soon... so If you're an EHX user, let's talk about your gear...

post away guys!  :-D
[

Offline armedscissor

• Netizen Level
Re: EHX User's thread
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 05:20:46 PM »
Nice thread!
Makakatulong sakin to ng matindi-tindi, hehe! Kakabili ko lang ng 3 EHX Pedals! Small Clone, Holy Grail, Metal Muff with Top Boost... :-D

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
Nice thread!
Makakatulong sakin to ng matindi-tindi, hehe! Kakabili ko lang ng 3 EHX Pedals! Small Clone, Holy Grail, Metal Muff with Top Boost... :-D

ayos! pareho tayo ng ginagamit sa ngayon... although my metal muff is the pocket version... but it still does the job... so far, how's the small clone?
[

Offline armedscissor

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 05:36:43 PM »
ayos! pareho tayo ng ginagamit sa ngayon... although my metal muff is the pocket version... but it still does the job... so far, how's the small clone?
as usual, ayos na ayos.. hehe! I'm after the ease of use kasi ng pedals.. ayaw ko ng madaming knobs! tska idol ko nagpasikat sa kaniya..hehehe!

Tonewise, gustong gusto ko yung tunog with or without distortion.. pero di ko pa siya nattry pag nakachain sa madami so di ko pa maspecify ng maayos ang comments ko.. :-D

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 05:38:54 PM »
as usual, ayos na ayos.. hehe! I'm after the ease of use kasi ng pedals.. ayaw ko ng madaming knobs! tska idol ko nagpasikat sa kaniya..hehehe!

Tonewise, gustong gusto ko yung tunog with or without distortion.. pero di ko pa siya nattry pag nakachain sa madami so di ko pa maspecify ng maayos ang comments ko.. :-D

ok... lol... walang ingay yan... hinihintay ko pa yung #1 echo para matesting kung ok sa malaking setup... nasubukan ko na kasi yung memory man delay... wala akong masabi dun na pangit except malaki sya... hehehe... kaya i settled for the #1 echo... which does the same job of delaying the signal... lol...
[

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »
I'm currently using an EHX Micro Metal Muff, which also has a top boost. It has served me well but I have to sell it since I need something with a built-in equalizer. :-(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 08:39:58 PM by Tasty »
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 08:29:49 PM »
I'm currently using an EHX Micro Metal Muff, which also has a top boost. It has served me well but I have to sell it since I need something with a built in equalizer. :-(

shoot... that's too bad bro...  :-(
[

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
EHX Deluxe Memory Man : can somebody say ice cream melting inside an igloo warm delay?  :wink:

Big Muff: Bago pa lang eh... pero so far im really diggin' it... was never much of a big fuzz fan before eh. pero it's the only way to get that early pumpkins sound.

Nano Small Stone: kadarating lang... reviews to follow. nasa box pa eh.

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 08:41:16 PM »
shoot... that's too bad bro...  :-(
Nagmamarunong na kasi ako eh. Kunwari marunong nang magtimpla ng tunog. :lol:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »
EHX Deluxe Memory Man : can somebody say ice cream melting inside an igloo warm delay?  :wink:

Big Muff: Bago pa lang eh... pero so far im really diggin' it... was never much of a big fuzz fan before eh. pero it's the only way to get that early pumpkins sound.

ah... the DMM... tried that too... won't be able to find another delay like it... slurp...

Nagmamarunong na kasi ako eh. Kunwari marunong nang magtimpla ng tunog. :lol:

lol.. why don't you try experimenting with it first... ? i'll go to your place and help you... lol..
[

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 09:28:43 PM »
i have two big muffs! i think EHX is a great effects company. they have a lot of weird noise makers and out-of-this-world modulations.

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 09:31:34 PM »
i have two big muffs! i think EHX is a great effects company. they have a lot of weird noise makers and out-of-this-world modulations.

yeah... they have really good modulation pedals... except for some of the nano versions... but overall, their modulation pedals are really good...
[

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 09:44:01 PM »
ah... the DMM... tried that too... won't be able to find another delay like it... slurp...

lol.. why don't you try experimenting with it first... ? i'll go to your place and help you... lol..
:lol:

I've actually been playing with it for quite some time now. I have a separate equalizer pedal to shape my tone but I still feel the need to have more control over my sound since I have 4 other pedals in the chain. :-D

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »
:lol:

I've actually been playing with it for quite some time now. I have a separate equalizer pedal to shape my tone but I still feel the need to have more control over my sound since I have 4 other pedals in the chain. :-D

oh... now i understand...
[

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 09:49:48 PM »
oh... now i understand...
But I'd still say that it's a very good pedal, especially if you have an equalizer pedal. It's just that my set-up calls for something different. :-)

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 09:51:34 PM »
cool... i'm thinking the same thing... but i definitely love the modulations...
[

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »
Weird names na, weird effects pa..

Haven't used an EHX but I think its great kasi pioneer din sila ng effects..

Ask ko lang, what does small clone and Big Muff do? Kasi I got used to the names distortion, delay, chorus etc. and I don't know what this EHX effects do..  :|
Salvation is here and He lives in me.......

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 10:01:13 PM »
Weird names na, weird effects pa..

Haven't used an EHX but I think its great kasi pioneer din sila ng effects..

Ask ko lang, what does small clone and Big Muff do? Kasi I got used to the names distortion, delay, chorus etc. and I don't know what this EHX effects do..  :|

small clone is a chorus pedal which was popularized by the late Kurt Cobain...

the big muff is a distortion pedal which has a fuzzy characteristic... most of the time used by musicians trying to emulate the sound of classic songs from hendrix and such...

you can view all of the pedals as well as listen to some of them at http://ehx.com/2008

:)
[

Offline chris005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 10:12:35 PM »
nice thread sir.

I have a nano LPB1-adds definition to your tone

Nano small stone- 1 knob -Rate- is all you need, I use this with Color toggle in down position more often.

Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai- not warm sounding as the deluxe memory man but it's good enough for me, lots of sound that you can get from this baby!

Holy Grail Plus-Lush reverb. Spring and Hall are my favorites

Micro Qtron-fave is BP mode, used once at  home and I'm selling this one.  don't have the funk in me.  :(

Big Muff Pi  Russian (my avatar) now this is my fave among my EHX pedals.
Tone and Sustain  controls are very usable. From 0 - 10 settings it will still sound good.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:42:02 AM by chris005 »
FS: ehx,gig-fx,boss,marshall, fernandes sustainer, guyatone

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=102458.0

Offline chris005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 10:17:01 PM »
waaah! I almost forgot!

May Micropog din ako, given by my balikbayan friend at no cost!   :-D

Love that organ sound and this tracks very well.  :-D
FS: ehx,gig-fx,boss,marshall, fernandes sustainer, guyatone

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=102458.0

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 10:18:32 PM »
^ Panalo sa dami! :lol:

Offline armedscissor

• Netizen Level
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 11:04:59 PM »

wow memory man, nice! if i only know how to maximize that pedal, i'll surely buy one. :-D

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »
Posting this photo for the nth time.

Stereo Memory Man-I use this as a chorus pedal, it's basically the DMM without the Vibrato mode and has mono/stereo outputs. Chorus sounds great, I like deep, lush chorus without oscillation and this gets it done well. I really dig EJ-like chorus sounds and this handles crystal cleans from my EMG equipped American Deluxe strat well and singing violin-ish leads with my Tube Driver.

Deluxe Electric Mistress- What can I say? Legit analog flanger. Beats the Boss BF-3 (it doesn't even get close) in terms of that vintage "swoosh" sound. At high rated it can do rotary speaker sounds quite well. The filter matrix mode sounds like your analog robot sound synth. It has some remarkable volume drop when engaged though. It depends on the setting actually.

Wiggler- "Toob" pedal (it supposedly powered by two 12AX7's) with four vibrato modes and a tremolo mode. I once owned the Electro Harmonix Worm Analog Multi effect but quickly replaced it with this one. I could actually feel the speakers breathe when I use it with high intensity settings. It has Leslie, Hammond, Vox and Wurlitzer Vibrato simulations. One thing I noticed though, it produces that pulsating noise whenever I engage the effect.

Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai-Great digital delay and very versatile. Digital delay pedal with a 3PDT on/off switch, pretty crazy hehe. It has 8 modes which is very interesting and fun to play with. The 300 ms + Mod mode gets pretty close to the SMM echo sound but still not as warm. I specifically love the 1 sec. delay with triggered reverse, the reverse echo mode and the looper. The looper can store approx. 12 secs of Sound on Sound loop with knobs to control tempo, pitch, and reverse or forward. It only loses on the user-friendliness aspect. Only one preset per mode and you can change modes/presets without bowing down and turning knobs. Wish it had footswitching for modes.

Offline armedscissor

• Netizen Level
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 11:07:15 PM »
waaah! I almost forgot!

May Micropog din ako, given by my balikbayan friend at no cost!   :-D

Love that organ sound and this tracks very well.  :-D
nice items sir! kaka-gas talaga EHX..grrr..hehe!

Offline armedscissor

• Netizen Level
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 11:09:41 PM »
Posting this photo for the nth time.

Stereo Memory Man-I use this as a chorus pedal, it's basically the DMM without the Vibrato mode and has mono/stereo outputs. Chorus sounds great, I like deep, lush chorus without oscillation and this gets it done well. I really dig EJ-like chorus sounds and this handles crystal cleans from my EMG equipped American Deluxe strat well and singing violin-ish leads with my Tube Driver.

Deluxe Electric Mistress- What can I say? Legit analog flanger. Beats the Boss BF-3 (it doesn't even get close) in terms of that vintage "swoosh" sound. At high rated it can do rotary speaker sounds quite well. The filter matrix mode sounds like your analog robot sound synth. It has some remarkable volume drop when engaged though. It depends on the setting actually.

Wiggler- "Toob" pedal (it supposedly powered by two 12AX7's) with four vibrato modes and a tremolo mode. I once owned the Electro Harmonix Worm Analog Multi effect but quickly replaced it with this one. I could actually feel the speakers breathe when I use it with high intensity settings. It has Leslie, Hammond, Vox and Wurlitzer Vibrato simulations. One thing I noticed though, it produces that pulsating noise whenever I engage the effect.

Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai-Great digital delay and very versatile. Digital delay pedal with a 3PDT on/off switch, pretty crazy hehe. It has 8 modes which is very interesting and fun to play with. The 300 ms + Mod mode gets pretty close to the SMM echo sound but still not as warm. I specifically love the 1 sec. delay with triggered reverse, the reverse echo mode and the looper. The looper can store approx. 12 secs of Sound on Sound loop with knobs to control tempo, pitch, and reverse or forward. It only loses on the user-friendliness aspect. Only one preset per mode and you can change modes/presets without bowing down and turning knobs. Wish it had footswitching for modes.
grabe! hehe! :roll: pedalboard pa lang problema na sa akin yung mga malalaking pedals ng ehx.. siguro after 10 years pag alam ko na itweak mga yan, bibili din ako..haha!