hulika

Author Topic: PHILMUSIC NEWBIE BUY AND SELL FOR DUMMIES(hints,tips,do's and dont's)  (Read 45187 times)

Offline B7b5

• Netizen Level
ang hirap sa buyers gusto brand new barat naman.
yer right bro.
people always expect more on their own good.
it should be a two-way beneficial. the value for money goes with the quality
if you over price, for sure profiteering is what you want, if you set a fair price and your gadget is defective, that's fraud, if you set it at a reasonable price and somebody's going to bargain you that's bull shi.t
MATANGLAWIN is Justine bieber

Offline tamad

• Veteran Member
Re: PHILMUSIC NEWBIE BUY AND SELL FOR DUMMIES(hints,tips,do's and dont's)
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 09:55:19 PM »
eto pa.

yung mga nang hhijack ng thread ng seller, sasabihin "ang mahal naman ng ano mo. kay ganito mas mababa presyo. dun nalang kayo bumili."

eto worse:

"ang mahal naman niyan. sakin ganito lang presyo. goodluck." tapos pag may nag inquire sisingit siya "sakin ka nalang bumili ganito lang presyo."

ako lang ba naiinis sa ganito o normal lang siya? pambabastos na yun di ba? respeto sa pricing ng bawat isa. makikita din naman ng buyers yung thread ng iba at makakapagdecide kung alin ang pipiliin niyang presyo. kung iisipin mo sa totoong buhay para mo naring siniraan yung kapwa mo nagnenegosyo. respeto lang di ba.
For Sale: Tube Zone, Kalamazoo[antiqued chrome] (with soundclips!)
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,195539.0.html
 You have to focus on what makes u happy about urself. You're the only person you need to please. -Lauren Conrad

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »
me ibang mga tao rin na mag kokomment ng kung anu anu na kesho ganto yan, dapat ganto, when the seller clearly states it all, parang just to degrade the item lang,and when you see this kinds of arguments on the sellers thread parang nagkakaroon ng sense of doubt yung mga prospect seller,, parang Ninja style mang lowball/threadjack at pag sya naman ang nag bebenta eh masyadong hmmm, hahaha.,   :mrgreen:

______

in my own experience on buying.

after asking questions about the item and ok naman lahat..

kung fair price and i got the money, I'll jump on it. or maybe haggle just a little more, but dont push it
kung bargain at sure win na, and you got the money, get it na. before somebody else jump on it.

at don't lowball kung presyong adik na ang price just to be fair.

Offline wiccan8888

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
hanggat maaari kung may problema sa deal, isettle muna between sa level ng buyer and seller hindi yung ipopost sa philmusic agad para makakuha ng attention.  walang di naaayos sa mabuting usapan.

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
Ang alam ata ng ibang buyers yung "sulit" na deal is pabor lang dapat sa kanila...
Di nila kino-consider na ang "sulit" na deal is pabor dapat for both parties...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:50:35 PM by pedaldeaf3 »
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline IncX

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
i am from Davao City, so things are harder to me than usual both as buyer and seller, pero over the years i have perfected a system.

AS SELLER:
-do not accept verbal reservations. only reserve an item for 3 hours, anything longer than that, i am more than happy to accept the money and ship the item to the guy that would pay.
-only accept payments thru my bank account
-put lots of good quality pictures
-write all 'must know' stuff in bullet form

AS BUYER (applies only to items 4K and above, i give a lot of leeway to cheaper stuff):
-will only pay thru bank deposit
-make sure that the seller has a decent track record.
-check the seller's communication skills, age and work. the better the job is, the least you'd have to worry about getting scammed.
-check to see how consistent the seller is ... if i detect any form of inconsistency, im backing out.

and finally ... bad deals are different from scams. learn to accept bad deals and move on. i have had a lot of bad deals, and i am ok with it... i understand the risk in transacting online.

funny though, i have had more bad deals in pinas than in ebay or talkbass. to be honest, i trust them sellers more, hehe.

Offline wiccan8888

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »
"Scenario:

Scammer sees "Item A" from Items for Sale section and sees the Bank Details of the Seller. Scammer notifes Seller about his intention to get "Item A"

Scammer posts another Item for Sale ("Item B" which could be different Item type with "Item A") with the same price of Item A. He also posts the bank details of Seller of Item A

Buyer of Item B notifies hsi intention to buy and deposist money in Seller's Bank details. After notifying the Scammer, Scammer then notifies Seller that he already deposited the money in his account. Seller sends "Item A" to Scammer which Buyer paid for to get "Item B". Buyer of Item B of course would not receive any items from the money he deposited in Seller's bank account."

SOURCE: http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=198361&page=1

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 06:44:27 PM »
if you're negotiating or haggling try to be polite about it. "3k na lang ser, kunin ko na yan ngayon na." is not asking, it's telling. messages like this only make me want to exercise my right NOT to sell to you. don't be pushy or demanding about the price you have in mind, because a negotiation means both parties will come to a compromise, not just the price YOU want.

don't justify a lowball offer by telling me, or any other seller for that matter, that you have a "lack of funds" for whatever reason. the price is there, and even if the "last price" is still higher than what you expect, then you'd better be able to cough up the damn dough or move on. deal with it, because it certainly isn't the seller's problem that YOU can't afford the item in question.

on a personal note, i usually offer discounts to people willing to meet up in places that i frequent often, in order to offset most buyers' travelling expenses. this price is lower than i'm willing to go, so if you ever deal with me, don't ask for a last price when i offer you this.

eto pa.

yung mga nang hhijack ng thread ng seller, sasabihin "ang mahal naman ng ano mo. kay ganito mas mababa presyo. dun nalang kayo bumili."

eto worse:

"ang mahal naman niyan. sakin ganito lang presyo. goodluck." tapos pag may nag inquire sisingit siya "sakin ka nalang bumili ganito lang presyo."

ako lang ba naiinis sa ganito o normal lang siya? pambabastos na yun di ba? respeto sa pricing ng bawat isa. makikita din naman ng buyers yung thread ng iba at makakapagdecide kung alin ang pipiliin niyang presyo. kung iisipin mo sa totoong buhay para mo naring siniraan yung kapwa mo nagnenegosyo. respeto lang di ba.

a million times this. rustles my jimmies every single time.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:19:16 AM by ioffendpeople »

Offline TagaRetiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 01:50:07 AM »
I think maganda if this would be stickied sa classifieds. It would be nice to have some kind of standards or set of rules for defining the condition/cosmetics of the item.

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 02:18:40 AM »
I think maganda if this would be stickied sa classifieds. It would be nice to have some kind of standards or set of rules for defining the condition/cosmetics of the item.

done! sorry if it was a bit late though. kudos to wiccan8888! you deserve a +1! :mrgreen:

Offline IncX

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 03:11:50 AM »
"Scenario:

Scammer sees "Item A" from Items for Sale section and sees the Bank Details of the Seller. Scammer notifes Seller about his intention to get "Item A"

Scammer posts another Item for Sale ("Item B" which could be different Item type with "Item A") with the same price of Item A. He also posts the bank details of Seller of Item A

Buyer of Item B notifies hsi intention to buy and deposist money in Seller's Bank details. After notifying the Scammer, Scammer then notifies Seller that he already deposited the money in his account. Seller sends "Item A" to Scammer which Buyer paid for to get "Item B". Buyer of Item B of course would not receive any items from the money he deposited in Seller's bank account."

SOURCE: http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=198361&page=1

i guess its wise NOT  TO POST bank details in an ad... you do it via PM, in that way, you keep track of who has your bank details. you also ask the one who deposited the money to text you the deposit details after he made the deposit. no deposit details, then something like a driver's license is in order ... if he cannot provide that, then you return the money and let him deal with whatever it is he stole - after waiting a few days of course.

personally, that kinda scam is very elaborate and quite difficult to pull off. timing has to be perfect. it only works for stuff that are sold fast and has many buyers.

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 12:07:03 AM »
For Sellers:

Please post pictures on your ad. And not just a link to Sulit or other ad sites. PhilMusic is not Sulit's extension. If you want to sell your ware, it takes only 5 minutes to learn how to post pictures here.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »
For Sellers:

Please post pictures on your ad. And not just a link to Sulit or other ad sites. PhilMusic is not Sulit's extension. If you want to sell your ware, it takes only 5 minutes to learn how to post pictures here.

and FB links too.. may mga taong walang FB (seriously), so sellers are missing out on a potential market just by doing so. thanks qroon!

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »
Good day!

I have a scenario na gustong malinawan, if this is LEGAL/OK?

Seller A, sells Item A for a very cheap price. Item A is minty lets say 9/10 and 10/10 functionality and for its price its a steal.

Buyer A, buys the Item A immediately like a day or after ita has been posted.

Few days past maybe less than a week or so.

Buyer A, sells the same Item A, now with a higher value.

Let's just say its none of anybody's business, but looking at it  its a coward's thing to do (IMO).  What do you think mga sir?

References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline Pawnstar

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2013, 04:30:57 PM »
Sir pie key...ang tawag dun..nakakamatay na inggit... :drool: :drool: <------ ganyan po un..haha... Kc naunahan ni buyer a si buyer b ...b as in butata... :-D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:34:29 PM by Pawnstar »

Offline ragdefalcis

• GoRated.PH Master
  • Netizen Level
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 01:14:28 AM »
Helly Guys,

PhilMusic.com team is working with us (GoRated.PH) to somehow make our community specifically our classified section SCAMMER-Less.

Check out this thread, I am compiling a list of sellers/users/members who has the Rating Widget on their profiles.

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=287976.0

We are very certain that we can minimize the scams that are happening in the community by supporting this initiative.

A very good example of this use case is our member boomboom

Get your own rating badge signature at GoRated.PH

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »
Good day!

Seller A, sells Item A for a very cheap price. Item A is minty lets say 9/10 and 10/10 functionality and for its price its a steal.

Let's just say its none of anybody's business, but looking at it  its a coward's thing to do (IMO).  What do you think mga sir?

Very common scenario here in PM.
Some of these in my memory (if it serves me right):

Sold
Korg AX3000G for 4.5k
Fender American Strat for 20k
Fender Mexico Tele for 12k
Boss ME-70 for 10k
Boss SD-1 for 1.5k (that's someone I know :))
...and a lot more that I'm sure you know of.

Kung ikaw ang nakabili nito for a higher price then malas mo. Deal with it.

Bottomline: If it's YOURS then YOU dictate the price. Madami lang talagang nakaabang for "steal" deals then immediately re-sell it for a higher price. That's buy-and-sell. It may look like crap but, ganun talaga eh.

I don't like it too honestly, pero that's how things work.

Offline golts_vex13

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »
PHILMUSIC NEWBIE  BUY AND SELL FOR DUMMIES(hints,tips,scam proofing,do's and dont's)

4.  Alam ko binanggit ko na sa number 3 pero uulitin ko ulit dito na itanong kung may defect ba or issues.  At kung meron at gusto mo talaga yung pedal at gagana pa din naman makipagnegotiate ka kung paano magiging arrangements niyo.  Mahirap yung nabili mo na yung item tapos pagdating mo sa bahay saka mo nalaman yung mga defects niya.  Iba siyempre yung defects na napagusapan niyo na bago iclose ang deal kaysa sa mga susulpot na defects kung kailan naiuwi mo na yung item.

Good day mga bossing!
Just want to ask kung may liability pa rin ba ung previous owner kung ung item eh biglang nagkaroon ng problema? Amp kasi sya tapos parang kulang sa bass response ung speaker, though it's still not proven na ung speaker eh may problema at di ko pa napapa-check, I just want your great advice "in case" the item did not perform well after ng transaction. Thank you very much in advance.  :-D
“A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.” ― Albert Einstein

Offline sideproject

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2013, 12:11:52 AM »
Good day!

Thats business...
And its happens...

Cheers!
Enjoy....

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2013, 12:29:53 AM »
Good day!

hi Pie key,

at first nakakainis, pero ganun talaga..thats business.. I sort of accepted this nadin..ganun talaga eh..they bought it for the price you agreed upon..so fair game naman..I think its called flipping...

ang ayoko lang yung mang B.S. pa ng mga story..para makalowball...pero ganun talaga..sanayan lang..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline jemp

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 11:22:15 PM »
ask lang po about sa pag up... every 24hours po ba or pag nag change na ng date... like for example ee 6am ka po nag post ng Feb. 4 tapos 12mn na ng Feb. 5 pwede na po ba mag up nun? thank you... newbie po kaya nag tatanong...
ewan ko lang!

Offline IncX

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 12:13:49 AM »
ask lang po about sa pag up... every 24hours po ba or pag nag change na ng date... like for example ee 6am ka po nag post ng Feb. 4 tapos 12mn na ng Feb. 5 pwede na po ba mag up nun? thank you... newbie po kaya nag tatanong...

change date ang basis

Offline jemp

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 04:54:51 AM »
change date ang basis

thank you po... mag up na ako..
ewan ko lang!

Offline cooksiecooks

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2014, 12:49:32 AM »
nice tip ... thank you really helps a lot  :wave:  :-D
Yamaha EG Series • Boston DD-100 • Boston HM-100

Offline the_chariot

• Philmusicus Noobitus
salamat sa info sir!! now a days ang dami na talagang scammer especially dami nang online shop na maka transact..but this one helps a lot! thanx!
succesful transactions: neil_subzero effects, yearlings, fonzy(pedalgrill),ghoulstats