hulika

Author Topic: Deleted Posts / Missing Posts / Remove Post Function *merged*  (Read 56644 times)

Offline farfetched

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Deleted Posts / Missing Posts / Remove Post Function *merged*
« on: August 20, 2006, 08:11:17 AM »
dudes how do u delete a topic? im new too hehehe!

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
how do u delete?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 09:04:24 AM »
Look for the "X" icon at the lower left hand side of the thread. If you created the topic to begin with you can still edit it or even delete the whole post. Hope that helps! Welcome aboard and post often ok?

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
Deleted Posts / Missing Posts / Post Counts *merged*
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »
i hope this is the right forum to report this, but at least one of the posts i had made earlier today in Anything Goes Talaga! had mysteriously disappeared.  and AFAIK there was nothing inflammatory in said posts, and i had stayed on-topic...the thread was about illegal drugs, and while i shared my experiences with weed, i did not in any way encourage others to smoke up...

i believe there were other posters in the "Bawal Na Gamot Experience" thread whose posts also disappeared in the same early-afternoon time frame today.  another forumite, the_jj, reported the same thing in the "Do You Read Magazines?" thread...she had to make the same post twice, as it didn't appear on the thread the first time.

one or two missing posts is no biggie, but i'm still curious...what the heck happened to our posts?  thanks...  :-)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 07:39:12 PM by Endshiftresign! »
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Deleted Posts / Missing Posts / Post Counts *merged*
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48:32 PM »
madalas di saakin nang yayari yun... so dinoble check ko nalang sya..

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 10:53:58 PM »
i think it's a glitch in the system, since the missing posts are still in my list of posts, but not on the threads themselves.

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 02:44:38 PM »
hi sir/s,

I'd like to respectfully ask why my number of posts reverted back to zero after the deletion of an old thread of mine. I know that most of my posts come from that thread but I still had numerous posts from the other boards. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

masterchoxter
[

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »
I'm not aware of any thread deletions lately although it's entirely possible that some old threads may have been archived by the admins, which would explain some of the recent maintenance downtime. This would mean moving those threads from the active database thereby resetting your post count. On the upside, making the database smaller (and more manageable) will mean less forum downtime.

It's no deal killer if your post count goes down, nor your status. What's more important is your participation, though.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 04:07:36 PM »
I'm not aware of any thread deletions lately although it's entirely possible that some old threads may have been archived by the admins, which would explain some of the recent maintenance downtime. This would mean moving those threads from the active database thereby resetting your post count. On the upside, making the database smaller (and more manageable) will mean less forum downtime.

It's no deal killer if your post count goes down, nor your status. What's more important is your participation, though.

Thank you sir KitC for answering my query. I'll just have to work my way up. And just like what you said - It's no deal killer if your post count goes down, nor your status. What's more important is your participation, though. - my thoughts and sentiments exactly...

Thank you again and Good day to you!
[

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 12:28:13 AM »
this happened to me last year 700++ na yung post count.. then biglang bumaba sa 300++

nde naman importante yang post count at status...

philmusicus addictus ka nga but you act like "tonybagyo" wala rin... :-D

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
@tejadster
+111111 to that.   :-D

pero BTT, sana eto ang tamang thread para magtanong...parang tatlong araw nang 748 ang post count ko...i think i've had at least 10 more posts, so dapat mga 760 na yan...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
Thank you sir KitC for answering my query. I'll just have to work my way up. And just like what you said - It's no deal killer if your post count goes down, nor your status. What's more important is your participation, though. - my thoughts and sentiments exactly...

What was your post count before?
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 12:07:17 PM »
What was your post count before?

around 1,700++ i believe... but it's not relevant anymore... thank you sir Jim!
[

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 01:52:29 PM »
Set yours to that number - Yup, it's just a dumb counter as far as I'm concerned, I don't know why people make a big deal out of post counts  :roll:

Heck, look at my post count.

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 01:57:30 PM »
Set yours to that number - Yup, it's just a dumb counter as far as I'm concerned, I don't know why people make a big deal out of post counts  :roll:

Heck, look at my post count.

ahahaha... thank you sir jim. and you're right about the counter thing... lol... good day to you and congratulations on having a successful forumsite...  :-D
[

Offline emersonic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 01:57:56 AM »
@tejadster
+111111 to that.   :-D

pero BTT, sana eto ang tamang thread para magtanong...parang tatlong araw nang 748 ang post count ko...i think i've had at least 10 more posts, so dapat mga 760 na yan...
I do agree.. di na rin gaumagalaw post count ko, anyways.. It doesnt matter, enjoy naman ako sa forum eh..
"Semi Charmed Life"

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 04:38:31 AM »
    may mga thread po na hindi ako maka post at may mga post ako na maya maya lang deleted na..at wala naman akong masamang sinabi para i delete sya...nakikita ko lang yung mga post ko sa ilalim ng reply page..technical po ba ito?  :cry:
Stop using Jesus as an excuse for being a narrow-minded, bigoted a-hole.

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 09:33:43 AM »
Yuh, same here..

Offline panterica

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 09:39:48 AM »
baka naman locked thread kaya hindi ka makapagpost.

not sure, pero kung masasabi mo kung saang forum, mas maganda.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »
eto po isang sample ser....katuwaan lang naman ang topic pero di ko magets baket na delete yung iba..pag i-click mo yung reply makikita mo mga post namin sa baba pati si emersonic...pero ndi makita sa pages mismo...hirap din ako maka post sa ibang thread..minsan pag click mo  ng post hindi umaakyat ang thread..parang hindi na uupdate yung last poster..

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,103878.0.html

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 09:35:47 AM »
Maybe they were offensive posts? Which reminds me Screwer, I forgot to change your offensive name. Please PM me a name suggestion other than "Screwer."

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 05:08:52 AM »
PM sent sir Jim... :cry:

Offline Dugs3

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 11:43:32 AM »
Baka naman siguro nag a-archive na lang sila ng posts or nagbabawas ng mga posts para sa ikauunlad ng site ?! Just my 2 cents ...

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »
Baka naman siguro nag a-archive na lang sila ng posts or nagbabawas ng mga posts para sa ikauunlad ng site ?! Just my 2 cents ...
ndi naman ata...kasi ndi naman ata matutuwa ang mga forumers mag post kung may chances na ma dedelete lang yung posts nila...but I'm being optimistic that maybe it's just technical or effect of downtime kasi bumalik naman yung ibang post ko na ndi na post dati..

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 10:57:23 PM »
ndi naman ata...kasi ndi naman ata matutuwa ang mga forumers mag post kung may chances na ma dedelete lang yung posts nila...but I'm being optimistic that maybe it's just technical or effect of downtime kasi bumalik naman yung ibang post ko na ndi na post dati..
kagaya ngayon ndi nag reflect na ako yung nag last post...one more try..hehe

Offline emersonic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 01:21:20 AM »
kung offensive man siguro yung post, maiintindihan ko. pero parang kahit hindi offensive pansin ko lang, nawawala sa thread. nakalagay naman sa logs.  :-(
"Semi Charmed Life"