hulika

Author Topic: Help: What to look and ask for buying a 2nd hand Canon 600D or 650D  (Read 2360 times)

Offline chuables

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Pa help naman po im about to buy po a Canon 600d or 650. But i dont have knowledge on pre loved items for film and photography po ung pag gagamintan ko but mostly for film thx mga sir.

Offline kaloyski

Re: Help: What to look and ask for buying a 2nd hand Canon 600D or 650D
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 12:31:35 PM »
I'm a 600D user. So far all I can say is that it's pretty good for video, especially when you combine it with a good lens. Although, I am using Magic Lantern to have better control over the audio, but other than that, I use all of Canon's controls/settings/menus.

Since you are buying a second hand unit, you might want to look for a package that comes with another lens apart from the kit lens, probably you will come across one that includes a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens, since most young filmmakers nowadays -- including me -- begin with this kind of setup. You can also opt to buy a secondhand body-only and go and buy the 50mm if you can live without the need for a wider angle lens or the zoom capability. Also, if there is a package that includes more than one battery, I'd say take a look at it. Extra batteries are very useful when doing videos. If none of these options are available, then go for the best bang for your buck secondhand package then buy other accessories with the money that you will be saving.

I don't think there is much into getting secondhand DSLR cameras nowadays (referring to entry level ones). You just have to make sure that the unit functions well, and it would be better if you can avail other accessories such as audio/video cables that came with the kit which may help you in shooting video.