The Musician Forums > Guitar Central

Les Paul Club Thread

(1/2000) > >>

Letour:
Hi Guys,

Before I started this thread, I did my homework and made a long method search at the topics to see if there is a duplicate thread. There were only two Les Paul (title search only) topics and they were "help" topics.

I want to start this users thread because I have become a member (albeit, temporary). My cousin has lent me his 95 Epi LP for a few months. I wanted to borrow because I am GASing now for a solidbody humbucking guitar and I needed some comparitive testing. So, I decided to start with the legendary model.

I have been a Fender owner over the last twenty years and have only "touched" Les Pauls or humbucker pickups occasionally. This means my experience with this types of pickups have been through eyes and ears only.

Played with the LP for about 2 hours last night and compared the tones with my single coils. Man, I could really tell the difference. The muddy tones were so distinct from the single coils. Even with HS-3 in one strat, the fatter tones really came out of the LP. I still have to get used to the two volume knobs. I was so ignorant of this, I thought the neck PUP was broken when the output was softer as I switched.

The Ibanez GIO and the Squier Esprit (which I both tested last weekend) cannot compare to the Les Paul. And this EPI was made in Korea with stock PUPs. I have found a new addition to my humble collection.

It's a good thing my wife told to me to hold off buying the GIO last Saturday. I have now decided to buy my own LP when the right one comes up. Maybe in HK (Tom Lee) or in the U.S. when (or if) I go there.

To the many owners of Les Pauls, I salute you. This axe should be in everyone's arsenal.

Bart:
Yung dalawa ko. A Bacchus BLS-600QM and an Edwards E-LP-85SD/P/Gold.

cumbersome:
Letour,

If you want, you can try mine if ever you're in Makati. For the sake of comparison. Just holler dude if you're in the area. :)

dynamo:
Posted this na sa New Gears Thread! My Epiphone LP!

caloyburger:
Nice LP's guys, a Goldtop is one of my dream guitars, kaso matagal pa... :-(

Here's my current one, 1995 Gibson LP Studio

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version