hulika

Author Topic: Yet another Rats jamfest at Handlebar last night -- a Karaoke scene  (Read 7054 times)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
From the gig announcement thread:

Wow -- we really saw ALL OF YOU there! BAMF, Kedy, Tele tubby, messyhands, Mahavishnu.... forumites invading Makati!. Nakapila pa ang mga gitarra sa soldering station ni BAMF -- scalarizers galore.

Fun jammers -- Dr. Ted, kaibigan ni dopedeeva, Bobby Alvarez, Tebbet Gomez, Dennis Mabanta, Henry the owner....

Revelation of the evening: BAMF singing "It Hurts Me Too".... whew! The guy has pipes! (baka nilulok mo yung isang scalarizer Jobet!).  grin

Tasty player of the evening: Kedy Sanchez on "Thrill is Gone" (yet again). I think you belong in a blues band buddy.

Surprise of the evening: Messyhands' small tweed Guyatone single-ended tube amp -- brought to Handlebar in a multi-colored bayong ("the people's ampcase") -- sounded fabulous.

All you folks bring a real dimension to the Rats gigs. It's a real honor folks -- thanks.

And that despite us butchering "Whipping Post" at the end.    :-P

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Yet another Rats jamfest at Handlebar last night -- a Karaoke scene
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 01:21:13 PM »
Messyhands' small tweed Guyatone single-ended tube amp -- brought to Handlebar in a multi-colored bayong ("the people's ampcase")

carry it loud and proud! :-D

And that despite us butchering "Whipping Post" at the end.    :-P

let it go... let it go :-) hehe

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
We always let it go!  :lol:

It 's a constant source of amusement that we can still really f**k up a song after playing it for so long. That's really what's great about live music -- live and die on the edge.  :-D

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 02:11:31 PM »

here's the little monster.. shh na lang ako  :-D

is handlebar a haven for foreigners where they can unwind, get drunk, talk loud, barf and start going crazy at each other? :-D

nice seeing you guys, bamf, blue buddha, kedy, teletub, messyhands etc etc

Offline messyhands

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »

And the bayong it came in.  :-D

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 05:41:10 PM »
Yun na mismo yun.  It has to come in its signiture multicolor bayong.

Thanks messyhands, for being able to test our newly scalarized axes on your little monster.

Thanks to snakecharmer for the CD.

Thanks to BAMF who still found a way to scalarize my Squire despite a real shortage of soldering tips.

Thanks to all the jammers, and the forumites, and bandmates Anton, Albert and Dennis - they serve as constant reminders that I gotta work harder to be a guitar player.

And of course thanks to the RATS.  And BB's kind words mean a lot.  The only explanation I can give is the overflowing talent oozing out on stage must have been rubbing off to the jammers.  Always an honor to be part of the evening.

Veggie!!!! Sushi!!! Asan kayo?  I even shaved and gave my eyebrows an extra flick so I can be with you and the ladies....

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 09:11:18 PM »
Honga... Bigla atang nahiya.  :-P  Sayang, you guys missed a great evening.  The scenery wasn't too bad, either.   :wink: :-D
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 01:29:56 AM »
Hey guys!

Awww man... I really wish I came, I've been dying to but got exhausted at the end of the day, and had to prepare for something in the early morning. I'd look like a klutz next to Joey P. if I dared show up!  :oops: BAMF texted me how happy it was to have sung onstage, tickled pink  :wink:

Will show up in the next, fully armed!  :wink: I pramise!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:29:15 AM »
It was a great honor donning the mike with you guys.

I was out shopping at record booths for more blues albums. I stopped listening to blues in the 90's when I bought my first gun. After that bout where I took it to my head and wanted to blow myself away. :-D

Anyway, I'll try to catch up on your repertoire on both mike and guitar and if I'm still welcome, I'd love to do it again...and again...and again . :-D

Hey guys...I just realized...nobody has ever introduced me to dopedeeva  :-D. Protective kayo ha ? Harmless ako hahahehe.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:30:43 AM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 10:25:47 AM »
Hey guys...I just realized...nobody has ever introduced me to dopedeeva  :-D. Protective kayo ha ? Harmless ako hahahehe.

di na kasi pwede i-scalarize yung boses ni DD eh... atsaka na-google ka na ni BB... :evil: :-D

Veggie!!!! Sushi!!! Asan kayo?  I even shaved and gave my eyebrows an extra flick so I can be with you and the ladies....
Sorry Kedy, daddy/driver duties late that night and early the next morning took up all my time and energy... rats! ... uhm, i mean... no rats!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:30:26 AM by vegetablejoe »

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 12:37:19 PM »
It was a great honor donning the mike with you guys.

I was out shopping at record booths for more blues albums. I stopped listening to blues in the 90's when I bought my first gun. After that bout where I took it to my head and wanted to blow myself away. :-D

Anyway, I'll try to catch up on your repertoire on both mike and guitar and if I'm still welcome, I'd love to do it again...and again...and again . :-D

Ay!  Another "hongano" moment.  Kasi naman... Your scalarizer's got us all fit to be tied!   :lol:  Pardon our rudeness.  Paging da Diva...

Veggieman!  You were sorely missed.  I think Diva's divas though may have thought that we bought them a bottle more for our benefit than for yours...   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »
Veggieman!  You were sorely missed.  I think Diva's divas though may have thought that we bought them a bottle more for our benefit than for yours...   :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm pretty sure that the malagkit stares from messyhands and tele-tubby kept the divas warm enough.  :-D

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »

i'm pretty sure that the malagkit stares from messyhands and tele-tubby kept the divas warm enough.  :-D

Late na kasi dumating 'yung dalawa, di tuloy nakajam..... carting the "ampcase ng bayan" bayong around the Burgos area. Buti hindi ininspeksyon ng pulis.  :lol:

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 07:39:16 PM »

hi BAMF!!! kanta ka madalas para iinom na lang ako :-D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 07:45:06 PM by dopedeeva »
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »

Wahahaha Veggie! What rep you have! :D
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 12:27:51 AM »

Sorry Kedy, daddy/driver duties late that night and early the next morning took up all my time and energy... rats! ... uhm, i mean... no rats!

Y'all remember the last time veggie joe mentioned "daddy/driver duties".... something about thinking his son's high school female friends were cuties....  :roll:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »

Wala bang kasamang malaking lata ng assorted biscuits ito tsaka panabong na manok nung sumakay ka sa station ng Victory Liner?   :-D

messyhands - drop by ako sa house nyo paminsan para ma-test yan ha.  Or mag-merienda ka uli sa bahay... sama na uli CD listening hour. ;-)

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 08:56:36 AM »

Y'all remember the last time veggie joe mentioned "daddy/driver duties".... something about thinking his son's high school female friends were cuties....  :roll:

:lol:

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 11:57:57 AM »
BB, you shudda been a lawyer!... biro mo, from a daddy/driver do-gooder, nabaliktad mo pa yung image ko into "Chester the Molester"   :oops: :roll: :-D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 12:16:45 PM by vegetablejoe »

Offline RonnieA

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 09:53:28 PM »
Hi Guys!

Just wondering kung kailan ang next jamfest?? :-o

RonnieA

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 12:04:46 AM »

Wala bang kasamang malaking lata ng assorted biscuits ito tsaka panabong na manok nung sumakay ka sa station ng Victory Liner?   :-D

Mismo!!! :-D grabe natawa ako dun delta! namiss ko bigla ang Divisoria!  :lol:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 01:27:32 AM »
Hi Guys!

Just wondering kung kailan ang next jamfest?? :-o

RonnieA

Friday March 30 at Handlebar, Makati again. Friday April 6 at Mag:net Café, Katipunan after that. Drop by and be amused. Can't remember a jamfest where there was no laughter and shortage of a lot of ridiculous goings-on in abundance. You really never really know what will happen at one of these things. The strangest stuff....  :-D

Offline RonnieA

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »
Hi BB,

Thanks for posting the sched.  :-D Sana you can bring some of the guitars in the Semi Vintage Thread!  :-D

Thanks Again and God Bless!

RonnieA

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »
Ronnie!  See you at Handlebar, dude.   :-)

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »
BB, you shudda been a lawyer!... biro mo, from a daddy/driver do-gooder, nabaliktad mo pa yung image ko into "Chester the Molester"   :oops: :roll: :-D

come to think of it... kaya pala Blue Rats at Working Stiff favorite bands ni Veggie!  The Veggie likes the Meat! :lol:  Idol!!!!